Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
INTPs tend to isolate themselves, but perhaps they also value self-sufficient smaller communal systems. How do they fit in and appreciate communities? Sometimes I wonder what a collection of individuals could/would recreate if they were the only ones left in the world to recreate society after a globally destructive incident.

Politics aside, this clip contains much food for thought.

Reactions: Deathbagel

·
Registered
369 Posts
I like self-sufficiency and despise economic waste, but the thing that I find funny about it is that it isn't even primarily a political or moral distaste. Rather, it's purely aesthetic. I think there's something beautiful about independent and efficient systems themselves, maybe that's just me though. As for the community aspect, I actually often fantasize about being a part of a really close-knit community, but I think fantasy is where it stops. In my dreams I'm perfect and everybody's accepting, but real life is far different... and the cynic in me says that any group of humans is going to have massive structural problems eventually, no matter what great ideals it's built upon.

·
Banned
5,394 Posts
If I could create my own society I would go back in time and create the "Internet" :tongue:

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
My friend once stated at a party that I am "you're totally independant, and don't need to rely on others to do things, but you do so anyways." I asked him "really?" and him and my other friends agreeed (friend who stated the quote is ENTP)

My INFJ friend has described me as being "Inconsistently consistent", which I wholeheartedly agree with.

Reactions: Ista

·
Registered
230 Posts
Yes, I've pondered on the what if humanity started from scratch question.
As a result I've wondered how many years would go by before humans once again come up with the idea of democracy or communism (though with different names...maybe). Stemming from this are the questions of, will we once more, initially, be under the rule of monarchs with absolute power? Or is it even possible that a democracy-like system takes off first?

I personally think monarchy.

·
Banned
50 Posts
Yes, I've pondered on the what if humanity started from scratch question.
As a result I've wondered how many years would go by before humans once again come up with the idea of democracy or communism (though with different names...maybe). Stemming from this are the questions of, will we once more, initially, be under the rule of monarchs with absolute power? Or is it even possible that a democracy-like system takes off first?

I personally think monarchy.
Give me a few years and I'll take over the world....

·
Banned
7,928 Posts
If you wish to take over the world, I suggest you first try babysitting children of varying ages. Start with babies and work your way up to teenagers. After that, you must be forced to sit down and watch videos of the right wing crazies, the left wing hippies, and everyone in between.

If that's not enough to dissuade you from having to be in charge of a whole planet of those shits, then you're free to continue your domination of the world.

·
Banned
50 Posts
If you wish to take over the world, I suggest you first try babysitting children of varying ages. Start with babies and work your way up to teenagers. After that, you must be forced to sit down and watch videos of the right wing crazies, the left wing hippies, and everyone in between.

If that's not enough to dissuade you from having to be in charge of a whole planet of those shits, then you're free to continue your domination of the world.
I could do that or I could just do this:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts