Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every personality type has a role to play in this world and is there for a reason. But it seems we are far behind in doing our job nature intended for us. INTJs and ENTJs lead and rule this world completely but they are only practical. They are low at morality unlike us and they cross the barriers sometimes or most of the time and we do nothing to stop them and let them be. It is our job to use our high moral conscious to stop them from stepping into bad.

For eg, animals are killed, tortured, insulted. We INFPs surely know its wrong don't we? But do we do anything? NO. We just sit and let many animals and people suffer due to our absence in society's key decisions. If only we step up many world problems will disappear.
I feel we naturally have inbuilt knowledge of psychology and law. We don't use that instead opting for regular jobs like everyone else and doing way less social service than our capacity.

I feel why there are many thinkers over feelers, why most types over NFs? May be because God/Nature thought that this world needs more constructors than empaths or else world will collapse. This is right for some extent. Taj Mahal needed only one architect but many engineers. But unfortunately majority wins and many TJs mean their word is the last word over rare NFs.

·
Registered
INFP, 4w5 sp/sx
1,144 Posts
Your personality type was never a means to determine your "role" in life. It's not a plan laid out for you to follow nor is it a role for you to play. What you are is how you think and what you choose to do, and that goes beyond MBTI or any personality test. You are a culmination and embodiment of your life experiences and what you decide to do with that information.

If you find yourself unable to carry out your vision and bring it to fruition, find and seek the aid of one(s) who can provide that for you. I have dreams that I would like to see become reality, my executive function and organizational abilities are lacking, but I have friends who can help me organize my thoughts and formulate a plan to carry out. People aren't cogs in machines with roles to play (as much as the rest of the world wants you to think), people are entire worlds of memories taking part in a greater world. People don't exist as solitary islands independent of each other, you can work with other people to accomplish what you can. In the end, if you didn't change the world for the better, you've at least done something to change someone's world for the better.

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
I don't disagree with OP. We sorta should be the empathetic conscience of our communities. As it says above, "idealists", that describes many of us to a certain extent, whether we become disillusioned or not.

The thing is us INFPs are introverts. Depending on the extremity of that trait we may not feel comfortable leading, being visible in a promotional manner needed to get attention. Writing would be the optimum contribution to the world, and in my studies, I think it was in the past. Only, nowadays they want writers to be out on facebook, twitter, podcasts all the time. Again, not necessarily our thing. Articles, books, short stories, poems, song writing seems to be more up our alley.

But, often I think we think too big, on too large of scale. What if each of us did something small on very local level? What if each of us affected one or two people in a positive way? And then what if those people paid it forward? Sorta the idea of the saying, "start with the man in the mirror".

I'm working on this right now. Its slow going but I'm moving that direction.

·
Registered
INTP 683 sp/sx VLEF melancholic
17,877 Posts
Marriage.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
No. It doesn't even matter what personality type I am. I don't live life in a way that anyone could have the audacity to point their finger at me and tell me I'm not good enough, that I'm not doing a good job, that I'm not doing my very best, that I'm not helping others, that I'm not making a difference. I don't need to be commended for it, but no one would ever say the opposite, and I don't like that you did. I know you're a troubled stranger on the internet, but you hurt my feelings, and I also feel hurt that someone could even believe these things, and I feel pain because you will hurt others with this thinking, and they don't deserve that. I know beliefs like these are not uncommon, so it hurts all the more. There are thousands more of you, and I can't protect everyone from all of you.

NFs aren't that rare.
We should not be against TJs, those beautiful humans.
We should not be against INTJs or ENTJs. They are nice people.

This "inbuilt knowledge of psychology and law" is telling you to cast out people based on their personality type. It's a good thing you don't get to make the rules around here. If that's supposedly what I believe also, since I'm INFP, I would hide it away so deeply that a belief like that would never see the light of day, never to harm another soul. I'm going to be good to people who are different from me. It will make the world a better place. It will at least give people hope, and sometimes that can be enough. Anything to soften the blows of shallow, unforgiving, unyielding people.

·
Registered
33 Posts
People have different purpose in life, if your purpose just to live your life let be it....

Many infps dreams are not practical and often something you got from watching movies and read books.... id like to volunteer at the animal shelter but where would i get my money? Only rich infps can live their life according to their ideals

·
Registered
17,877 Posts
No. It doesn't even matter what personality type I am. I don't live life in a way that anyone could have the audacity to point their finger at me and tell me I'm not good enough, that I'm not doing a good job, that I'm not doing my very best, that I'm not helping others, that I'm not making a difference. I don't need to be commended for it, but no one would ever say the opposite, and I don't like that you did. I know you're a troubled stranger on the internet, but you hurt my feelings, and I also feel hurt that someone could even believe these things, and I feel pain because you will hurt others with this thinking, and they don't deserve that. I know beliefs like these are not uncommon, so it hurts all the more. There are thousands more of you, and I can't protect everyone from all of you.

NFs aren't that rare.
We should not be against TJs, those beautiful humans.
We should not be against INTJs or ENTJs. They are nice people.

This "inbuilt knowledge of psychology and law" is telling you to cast out people based on their personality type. It's a good thing you don't get to make the rules around here. If that's supposedly what I believe also, since I'm INFP, I would hide it away so deeply that a belief like that would never see the light of day, never to harm another soul. I'm going to be good to people who are different from me. It will make the world a better place. It will at least give people hope, and sometimes that can be enough. Anything to soften the blows of shallow, unforgiving, unyielding people.
While I do get where you're coming from, people are not the centers of their own universes. If I wasn't challenged, and was to listen to my own voice, and to do what I preferred doing, I would be dead. I would have committed suicide. The point is, in order to live in a world amongst other people, there are laws/rules. An INFP who KNOWS what's right and wrong and does nothing about it is a weakling. You CANT live in a fantasy world forever. You're not a hobbit you just wish you were. Wake up to reality, other people WILL NOT do the INFPs job for them. Only the INFP can do it. How about you save lives?

·
Registered
17,877 Posts
How about not making lives more difficult than necessary, so they wouldn't need saving in the first place?
So hide?

·
Registered
17,877 Posts
The ones who are making lives more difficult than necessary for others should hide in shame.

These laws/rules you mentioned apply to all types.
LOL

The way you just ASSUME I'm only applying the rule to INFP. INFPs are the ones needed NOW so they get the spotlight. I did MY time in shame for making others lives difficult. And no it wasn't "unnecessary". Everything has a reason. INFPs need to stop letting the Te dictate the lives of every fucking person on this planet through manipulation. Ti isn't enough to stop them, we need Fi. Ti will not stop anybody from being raped or murdered from Te because Te has created a system to stop Ti from stopping Te. But it doesn't stop Fi. It's legimately TIME for the INFP to take personal responsibility and use THEIR Ti to get them to understand that THEY are the variable that needs CHANGING.

I see it perfectly. Just accept responsibility.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Just accept responsibility.
Did you just assume that it wasn't accepted?

@ButIHaveNoFear already summed it up perfectly:

I don't live life in a way that anyone could have the audacity to point their finger at me and tell me I'm not good enough, that I'm not doing a good job, that I'm not doing my very best, that I'm not helping others, that I'm not making a difference.

·
Registered
17,877 Posts
Did you just assume that it wasn't accepted?

@ButIHaveNoFear already summed it up perfectly:
Yeah summed up her inability to accept blame. Look when I point a finger, 3 more point back at me. I get it. But there's still ONE finger pointing at you. That means you gotta accept the blame for only a third of what I'm being blamed for. But you have to accept it. CHILDREN are getting raped. By the president. I know for a fact that Fi Dom would never accept that. But it's happening and they aren't doing anything about it. Children are our life line, we can't ruin our life line. Chickens are being tortured and abused just to feed people. Are they doing anything about it? No. Look INFPs need to improve farms, improve children's lives, and improve the lives of those who are victims. Without that, we eat garbage tortured chickens, our kids have no concept of life with free will, and victims get abused more and more.

You think you should accept this Darwinian lifestyle just because it was TAUGHT IN SCHOOL. Come on and make a difference. Darwinism isn't facts, it's a fucking brain washing tool to get you to not care about life.

·
Registered
17,877 Posts
Summed up that people are already doing what they can. Some better than others. Could they all do some things better? Of course. But so can others, so it's not only on the INFP to come and rescue everybody.
Nope they're doing whatever the fuck they want to do and you know that.

·
Registered
75 Posts
That's interesting. I've thought about this a lot too since many of the MBTI-based personality tests tend to create stories and archetypes of each personality type. I guess it helps us to understand them in a way that's less "scientific" than the cognitive functions.

It does create the impression that each personality type has a role to play in society. Fortunately (or unfortunately?) no single personality type has all positive traits. It seems like people are destined (doomed?) to have to work together in order to ensure their collective survival.

For example, the most entertaining and artistic among us aren't always the ones who know how to run a successful business. The savvy self-starters and organized go-getters among us aren't always the ones who know when and how to read the room. The ones who are good at implementing plans, processes, and procedures aren't usually very good at intuiting how those plans will be interpreted by the people directly affected by them.

I've often fallen into that kind of thinking. That INFPs aren't "doing enough" to heal this crazy dog-eat-dog world. But honestly that's kind of high-minded and putting a lot of pressure on a small group of people. And INFPs hands are mostly tied.

One thing that I like to think about is that, thankfully, personality type does not appear to adhere to "survival of the fittest" rules. New INFPs are being born everyday. As are new babies of every type. So if any one type was completely useless I'm sure they would have died out by now.

Oh well. Looks like we're all in this together. For better or for worse...

·
Registered
7,869 Posts
People have different purpose in life, if your purpose just to live your life let be it....

Many infps dreams are not practical and often something you got from watching movies and read books.... id like to volunteer at the animal shelter but where would i get my money? Only rich infps can live their life according to their ideals
Yeah. Must be nice when mummy and daddy pay for your car, your university education, your private painting studio. 😆

Sure us ordinary folks could get there, but it'll take us years.

·
Registered
7,869 Posts
Yeah summed up her inability to accept blame. Look when I point a finger, 3 more point back at me. I get it. But there's still ONE finger pointing at you. That means you gotta accept the blame for only a third of what I'm being blamed for. But you have to accept it. CHILDREN are getting raped. By the president. I know for a fact that Fi Dom would never accept that. But it's happening and they aren't doing anything about it. Children are our life line, we can't ruin our life line. Chickens are being tortured and abused just to feed people. Are they doing anything about it? No. Look INFPs need to improve farms, improve children's lives, and improve the lives of those who are victims. Without that, we eat garbage tortured chickens, our kids have no concept of life with free will, and victims get abused more and more.

You think you should accept this Darwinian lifestyle just because it was TAUGHT IN SCHOOL. Come on and make a difference. Darwinism isn't facts, it's a fucking brain washing tool to get you to not care about life.
Thank you for being the voice of reason.

. Nevermind.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts