Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Hmm... I don't know. You know what's funny? My mood changes the weather. Or at least how I perceive the weather. XD Although I have to say, a constant couple of grey rainy days makes me feel a bit more "dampened", for lack of better word. ^^' Haha. But usually, if I am happy, the happy + rain = relaxed and content. If I am sad, sad + rain = introspective and quiet. So my mood and the weather kind of mix together. o_O

As for storms, they energize me. ^^ I just love watching them. So thunderstorm + me = excited to see the lightning and hear the thunder. XD

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting. Rainy weather, for the most part, will make me irritable and lethargic for the rest of the day; even if something catches my interest for a while, when it's gone, the vague annoyance at the world will continue. Whereas, when it's bright and sunny out, absolutely nothing can ruin my mood; even if I get some bad news or something happens to frustrate me, it's less of a negative feeling, and the good mood is still operating in the background (if that makes sense).

I can see how the weather might have an effect on someone's mood on a normal day, but with me, it seems like my mood is completely altered by the weather outside. Surely, this can't be the case for everyone...?

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
I just think people who live in colder climates (especially in the winter) are more pissed off. In california, people are so laid back and peaceful, as opposed to the midwest people get pissy cold and tired in the winter. I know I get drained, good weather energizes me. :)

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just think people who live in colder climates (especially in the winter) are more pissed off. In california, people are so laid back and peaceful, as opposed to the midwest people get pissy cold and tired in the winter. I know I get drained, good weather energizes me. :)
Well, I'm on the west coast of Canada... so you'd think I'd be used to wet weather. Apparently, my brain is a liar.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I feel cheerful and motivated in bright weather and gloomy and demotivated in dark weather. That's why I love the summer and hate the winter.

Rain just pisses me off. It's like someone up there is pissing on me! Hail is worse, because that's like someone is throwing rocks at me.

I love warm, bright sunlight though. It's so relaxing. It feels like a massage.

Extreme weather like (thunder) storms and heavy rain or snow excite me and I feel energized. Survival instinct kicks in and I use that energy to get inside ASAP.

·
MOTM Nov 2012
3,857 Posts
The hotter it is, the more annoyed I am. So sure, mood effected!

Reactions: Dark Romantic

·
Premium Member
6,856 Posts
It only depends out how the weather affects my schedule.

·
Registered
456 Posts
As a kid, I used to be happy when it was raining since I could stay inside playing video games instead of being forced to waste my time outside.

Now, I'm generally happier IF I realize it's sunny outside. Most of the time I don't care about the weather.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm usually so wrapped up in my own thoughts that I forget about the weather. Hence why I went out in a dress today whilst it was raining, I forgot to look out of the window.

Although when it's really hot, I do tend to notice! I can't function in hot weather.

·
Registered
859 Posts
I'm definitely affected by the weather. If it's grey more than a couple of days I get sad. However, rain is awesome and I don't get sad if it rains. If it's sunny and warm, I'm usually happy or it will cheer me up if I'm sad.

Similar thing with food. A meal can make or break my day. I have to eat a home cooked meal in order to feel great, dining out for an extended period of time will not cut it.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I just think people who live in colder climates (especially in the winter) are more pissed off. In california, people are so laid back and peaceful, as opposed to the midwest people get pissy cold and tired in the winter.
A lot of this is that most people don't keep up on their vitamin D intake during the winter months. Being unhealthy affects people's moods.

Weather affects me, but not as much as it used to since I started making sure that I got enough sun and/or vitamin D supplements during the winter. I also do a lot of my exercising indoors, so I'm still physically active even if I can't go outside, which also helps my mood.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
The murder rate seems to be higher in California than in the Midwest so not everyone gets peaceful by the sunshine.

Me I don't like the warm weather, makes me tired and even ill. But snow always gets me in a good mood, even if it's a blizzard.

·
Registered
INFP
95 Posts
Me I don't like the warm weather, makes me tired and even ill. But snow always gets me in a good mood, even if it's a blizzard.
It's exactly the opposite for me. I hate cold weather and snow - seeing a grey sky or rain, just makes me feel tired, too bored, not wanting to do much, and sometimes "ill" too. I wish i could skip the winter season by hibernating or something :laughing: Not to mention that i really dislike having to go outside when the weather is not nice... :frustrating: Can't say that the weather is affecting my mood as much as Dark Romantic mentioned, but it def has an effect on me, too - i become more melancholic when it's not nice outside.

I absolutely love summer and warm weather! Only seeing sunshine outside (even when it's not that warm yet - eg. during Spring or begining of Fall) always gives me a positive feeling; like it's charging me with positive energy, makes me more energetic, productive etc. I totally love it!! Too bad we have winter where i live in Romania/Europe; i need to move to the Tropics :D

·
Registered
270 Posts
I tend to enjoy associating weather to a paticular memory which in turn allows a certain mood to develop. The weather does not really foster any mood, but depending on how I cope with a season (Summer), I may feel lethargic.

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
I can't stand hot and sunny weather. I get seriously annoyed and can't do anything but sit and complain. I don't exactly enjoy freezing weather either, but it doesn't seriously affect my mood and productivity like heat does. A little on the cool side, overcast and maybe lightly rainy puts me in a pretty good mood. Sun is okay as long as it's not warm.

·
Banned
39 Posts
From what I know scientific studies have shown that people are more depressed during winter in the western world. This is likely to be caused by the limitation of sunlight during the winter.

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
From what I know scientific studies have shown that people are more depressed during winter in the western world. This is likely to be caused by the limitation of sunlight during the winter.
Yeah, I tend to hibernate during the winter, and rarely get much done.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts