Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
EvilShoutyRudolph
5,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to learn calculus, and I was wondering if anyone knew some good websites or videos for beginners who want to learn calculus(since some websites/ videos do a crappy job at teaching it).

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
YouTube has a lot of that kind of material. I was browsing for some recently, wondering if I should look through them as refreshers because I took Calc I-II like, 8 years ago now but I'm trying to get into biostatistics Master's programs (most require Calculus, but I feel like I forgot 90% of what I learned by now so it only qualifies on paper). I didn't get too far since I've had my actual homework to do, but I think this is a good start:

(Haven't seen most if it yet, but it's on my radar for review):

Those are shorter videos, but there are also some longer ones like I think there's a Khan Academy lesson that's over 2 1/2 hours long.. so it depends how much time you have.

Reactions: Fennel and Cal

·
EvilShoutyRudolph
5,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
YouTube has a lot of that kind of material. I was browsing for some recently, wondering if I should look through them as refreshers because I took Calc I-II like, 8 years ago now but I'm trying to get into biostatistics Master's programs (most require Calculus, but I feel like I forgot 90% of what I learned by now so it only qualifies on paper). I didn't get too far since I've had my actual homework to do, but I think this is a good start:

(Haven't seen most if it yet, but it's on my radar for review):

Those are shorter videos, but there are also some longer ones like I think there's a Khan Academy lesson that's over 2 1/2 hours long.. so it depends how much time you have.
I think Eddie Woo's video did a great job at explaining calculus.

Reactions: ninjahitsawall

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
I think Eddie Woo's video did a great job at explaining calculus.
I only saw that first two-parter so far. But he has some other ones, the next two-parter is derivatives. It doesn't look like they're organized in a playlist, so I'm figuring out the order as I go, going by the sequence I learned the topics in... so if he has videos on integrals, that'd be the third set of videos.

I think it's not unusual in Calculus classes to be given the info without the context, so I like that he provides context.

Reactions: Cal
1 - 7 of 7 Posts