Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is weed good for you, or is it bad for you? Is weed evil? Are you new to weed or are you veteran? How are you as an infp when you smoke/eat/drink weed? What are your favorite times while high? Do you have any questions about marijuana?

Let's talk about it here!

I smoke weed on a semi-regular basis. I have been smoking it for 10 years. When I smoke, everything seems more beautiful and my body feels relaxed. My mind wanders alot as an infp and weed makes tasks-at-hand more interesting. I actually gain alot more focus with marijuana!

I love the act of smoking it with alot of people, it's like a ritual in a way. Once I get stoned, I usually like to be alone or with small groups of close friends/family.

The only thing that I don't like about weed is the burnout. Burning out makes me... sleepy... and lazy...

I live in Canada. Marijuana use in Canada is the highest in the industrialized world and more than four times the global rate, according to a report from the United Nations.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
I smoked it almost daily for about 2.5 years at uni. It was the source of so much anxiety I'm shocked I lasted that long - if you knew someone had some everytime they spoke to anyone when I couldn't hear I'd "know" they were sneaking off for a smoke and start the "I'm always left out" mode of thinking. I talked crap, got laughed at for being even weirder than usual and got depressed, not to mention the cravings (skint student, had to add tobacco). Luckily I don't have any problems with addiction.

6 months after quitting I felt better, it's been over 4 years now and I don't regret leaving it behind. There were no upsides for me except a few laughs, but much like alcohol if you need to smoke to have fun you have problems...

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
If i could thank this thread more than once i would:laughing:

I'm fairly new to marijuana (been smoking it casually with friends for years, but been smoking it regularly only this year). The reason I do it is to understand the world better. When I'm "high" (dont really like the term because it has a negative connotation to it that i dont think should be associated with weed) it's like im able to access information in my head that I'm not able to do when im not high.

As an INFP, there's so much uncertainty with myself. I'm constantly trying on new persona's and rejecting them and wishing i had certain personality traits that everyone else seem to have, but when i smoke weed, the uncertainty disappears. It's like my true self emerges when i smoke weed. It really does let me come out of my shell and embrace myself as well as everyone around me.

to bunburry: Having smoked weed for 10 years, do you think you are to some degree, more enlightened than if you were to not smoke weed at all in your lifetime?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I don't mind what other people do, and if they want to smoke weed, fine by me.
I wouldn't do it though. Only because my mind is kind of messed up already, and I wouldn't want to make it worse.
And I'm highly sensitive to stuff like drugs. Caffeine makes me insane, ad ibuprofen & penicillin is twice as strong to me than it is to other people.

4,757 Posts
I have only smoked up a couple dozen times, but each time I've done it, it's been sort of wonderful (except for that first time which oh god, put me off weed for years).

I feel like I'm floating, my whole body tingles, when I watch things I (obviously) find things more funny and it seems like my Ne goes into overdrive. It's like I notice things I would have never noticed before which is really cool.

It's great to have something you get such a charge from and yet I don't crave it, I'm in no way addicted to it.

Along with a lot of the Canadian population, I have no idea why it is illegal :tongue:

·
Registered
309 Posts
I personally like weed. I wouldn't say it is good for me overall, but it can be good for me during stressful times.

Weed relaxes me and I definitely take full advantage of my heightened sense. I really enjoy eating and listening to music :).
I definitely can handle being alone after I have smoked and I also love going to sleep high. Interestingly enough, 90% of the time I smoke I remember dreaming vividly in the morning. I do have my moments where I become paranoid, but those have definitely faded with time.

From my perspective, weed in a sense actually represents INFP/ISFP in that I (and many of my friends) tend to be even more or more like those types after weed consumption. I say both INFP and ISFP because I certainly find both my Ne and my Se going wild.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Legalize it!

Seriously, alcohol is worse in every way. Cigarettes are too.

I feel in touch with the universe when I'm high. It's a good thing.

My favorite day ever:

Got high with some friends one night, stayed up and talked philosophy (it was a perfect weather night - full moon). Woke up, smoked some more. Walked outside, and it wasn't really raining or snowing - it was like the sky was spitting dry crystals. Most beautiful thing I've ever seen. Ate a great breakfast and continued having a wonderful day.

I'll toke up by myself or with 2 or 3 close friends. I feel so awkward when there's someone I don't know very well around when I smoke. It's like I feel extra vulnerable to strangers when I'm high.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Reactions: Psilo

·
Registered
957 Posts
I started smoking when I was fifteen and quit after a couple years. Now I just toke up occasionally. Personally, I think people who smoke every day are annoying and no better than alcoholics, as much as anyone might argue. The beauty of marijuana is that it takes you away from reality and allows you to observe the beautiful world from a different perspective for however long you're in that state. This doesn't need to be done every day.

That being said, I have no problem with weed being legalized. Obviously it is safer in so many ways than alcohol.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Been smoking it regularly for 3 years, I'm 17 and I don't plan on stopping anytime soon, unless there is some important reason I just have to. I love weed. I love how it makes me feel and what it makes me think. I've never really had a negative experience with weed except maybe once where I let my negative thoughts crash over me.

When I'm high I usually get very philosophical, more imaginative, more quiet than usual. It feels like I'm on a mission to find meaning in EVERYTHING. Everything I sense goes into possibility of why it is. I've come up with so many weird, interesting, out of this world theories thanks to marijuana. I also become much much more focused and I find my creativity and artistic skills are tripled and I get ideas I'd never think of while not high.

A few "negative" things is that I get the munchies pretty bad, and I become very forgetful to the point I'll forget trains of thought with a snap. Ugh, and cotton throat sucks. Happens bad usually when you bake or vape though, I prefer roll up in a cigar, Swisher Sweets :)

Personally, I think weed is such a great plant with powers and potential we really should research and study more. Sure, it's a drug, but really, my own emotions seem more deadly than the influence of the herb.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I smoke daily, before bedtime. Weed has helped me cope with anxiety and stress.

Some of my friends have had problems with it, but I haven't really.

People always say stuff like it kills you, makes holes in your brain, makes you insane etc. and I'm sad to see that much misunderstanding regarding this plant, less harmful than junk food, that has so many possibilities both medical, recreational and industrial..

·
Registered
962 Posts
I live in Canada too, probably the most dope saturated city in the country. I sort of wish I liked it more than I do, I'm already a space cadet from birth so it doesn't really enhance anything for me. That being said I still do it at an average of once every other month for a very long time, because it's being done pretty much everyone I know and everywhere I go.

I like other psychedelics much better :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
I've been smoking weed on/off since I was 16. I really only do it by myself after work, or occasionally with close friends. Everything just seems more real when you smoke it. It's like materialistic things don't matter anymore. I hate listening to a complex song when I'm high because I'll be like... "ohhh I understand what the song is about now.." and then like 5 minutes later you totally forget about it. haha.. well that's just me.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I love going to school high, it is much more interesting and it makes me argumentative. I actually have no problem with it, it is the people around me that just do not know how to deal with it.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I love smokin' dat holy herb. I smoke pot every few days. I have especially slowed down recently because school is starting up soon. I am always a heavy smoker during the summer lol

Whoever believes that marijuana is harmful substance are completely ignorant. They have no knowledge about marijuana or any of the studies behind it. Again and again scientists have found minimal harm in the cannabis plant, if any at all. There weren't even any cancer causing agents found in the smoke. Marijuana has been proven not to damage the brain of the user either, another highly overused and incorrect marijuana stereotype.

When I smoke weed, I act COMPLETELY NORMAL. It is very scary actually, my consciousness may have changed, but my behavior hasn't. I am able to study better at times with the aid of marijuana. Marijuana makes me even more interested in the universe, the mind, and art than I already was in the first place.

Marijuana is the prime example of an INFP drug lol

Wake up America, please. For God's sakes legalize the plant. Why keep it illegal when we have the most dangerous substances in the world widely available, alcohol and tobacco?

·
Registered
131 Posts
I've been smoking since I quit drinking at the age of twenty. At first I smoked occasionally, then more or less on regular basis (1-3 times per week) and past few years I've been smoking it either daily (including secretly at work occasionally) or just been off the pot for few days to a month periods. Last year I used it to cope with increasing stress and depression at work an in band, and ended up as a pretty maniacal smoker. There was a need, I couldn't even sleep without it. But now when I've lost my job and band, I smoke again on weekly basis, like 1-3 times per week. For smoking I prefer joint (European style, mixed with tobacco) bacause of the rolling ritual and passing it around, but I'm also into different pipes and bongs and I can even use a beer can to make one if I don't have anything to smoke from.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts