Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I smoked marijuana for the first time a few hours ago.
I didn't get high.
I only took 2 to 4 VERY small hits.

I don't know how to feel about it.
I feel kind of guilty for multiple reasons.
Then, I also feel that its not a big deal whatsoever.

I just, let's say... I'm struggling to shift and filter what I've done through my value system.
I just never thought I would smoke. Its messing with my self perceived identity.

Hrm.

Do a lot of INFPs smoke? How do you feel about it? Have any advice for me?
Thanks. <:D

·
Registered
63 Posts
I think a lot do. What your feeling is normal. I don't anymore but I used to and I have gone through periods in my life where I smoked a lot. I think like most things in life weed can be good or bad. It's okay to experiment with though, that's relatively harmless and many many many people do that sooner or later in their lives. I think it's okay to approach it with the attitude of experimentation and tell yourself to never allow it to become a habit or an important part of your life. That way you get the experience from it but you don't let it take over your life. I hope this helps. Let me know if you want someone to talk to about it, I'm sure I can lend more insight.

·
Registered
129 Posts
You probably won't feel as guilty once you actually get high.

Growing up, I never thought I'd do it, but I smoke occasionally now and I enjoy it.

·
Registered
101 Posts
never in a million years when i was little did i ever think i'd smoke weed, but here i am. i've done it twice and when i take the facts about marijuana versus the world wide perception of marijuana, it doesn't really make too much sense. no one ever died of marijuana, and if they legalized it and put a tax on it, it would bring billions into our economy and get rid of alot of crime. just sayin.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I didn't get high.

I just, let's say... I'm struggling to shift and filter what I've done through my value system.
I just never thought I would smoke. Its messing with my self perceived identity.

Hrm.

Good on you for asking the question. My main advice is to get a better sense for what weed is like by asking around, and maybe trying it a few times (once you eventually do get the high, then you'll at least know what it feels like). There's no harm with experimenting as long as you keep it under control.

As for first-hand experience, I've only done it a few times with varying results, so I'm by no means an expert. The first time I did it I was REALLY nervous because I never thought I'd smoke. I can tell you it did get a lot better once I got more comfortable with it.

Why do you feel guilty? And why was it so important to your personal identity to never smoke weed?

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
I don't have a problem with anything natural.

People all over the world for thousands of years have been smoking natural substances, and not ruining their lives or values.

What you have is 'man made' substances that have creeped there way into our society and these I find are the drugs which cause problems, and mostly because they're used with the wrong frame of mind. But to believe smoking something which GROWS on OUR planet is wrong I believe is the end product of government and all kinds of stupid social structures trying to influence our minds for their good.

Go with how you feel about it, ignore all of the good and bad things you've heard about it.

·
Banned
598 Posts
i get more sober drinking. suspect when i get my first weed soon enough it's going to be the same.

only down side is you kill brain cells both ways.

·
Registered
49 Posts
i get more sober drinking. suspect when i get my first weed soon enough it's going to be the same.

only down side is you kill brain cells both ways.
you lose thousands of brain cells every day regardless if you smoke weed, drink alcohol or anything else.. it just happenens, so dont let that deter you.

i dont think weed is a big deal. i dont really smoke it much anymore, but i think its a lot safer than drinking, and its more mind opening. also helps with pain sometimes.

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
I NEVER thought I would smoke weed ever in my life,I used to be really judgemental of
people who did and thought I don't know somehow I was above them or something,which makes
it probably even worse that I smoke it now quite a bit.

The person who really made me try it was my best friend (not that she forced me clearly)
I just one day just wanted to try it,so well I did and it's a love affair ever since.

I now find nothing wrong with it and there's just a lot of things that would
be better if it was legal mainly overcrowding in jails,so you know REAL criminals can get
punished.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I didn't get high.

Hrm.

I was the same way the first time i smoked. I see weed as nothing more than a simple lifestyle choice to be honest. The more i started to notice it the more i started to realize what it was. I must admit that there are some occasions where weed is the best alternative. Plus alternative uses as well as medicinal uses becoming more common within the way cultures mature or change. California wanted to completely decriminalize the matter and many other states are fallowing suit in similar manors. That sounded very pro weed, not my purpose.

Weed however since it has become more common in my life i have noticced how people who habitually use the stuff (1/8 a day easy) can become completely inept in that they become a couch potato and do nothing and care about nothing.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I just want to reiterate that there is good and bad with anything. Moderation is what's important. Marijuana is an addictive substance and yes it does kill brain cells and yes it can cause memory problems. It's not healthy to use everyday, and can cause you to be apathetic. Many of the people here will probably disagree with me and debate that but I am only speaking from my own experience. Experimentation is okay but be wary of its habit forming tendencies.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Hi, I'm new here, but I just wanted to jump in for a sec. When I was school age, I was very against drugs of any kind. Especially weed. I thought it was horrid and the cause of my older brother's cruelty (I had no idea he was doing other things). But, when I was 22, I smoked for the first time. I've done it off and on ever since, except I only smoked once since my husband and I decided to try for a baby. I did do it just recently when I was out-of-town away from my child and husband.

I can say that every single time I do it, I feel extremely guilty either during or afterward. However, it really, really helps me chill out. I tend to be a worrier and I have a lot of anxiety and it really helps me release those anxieties if even for a little while.

You may feel guilty every time you do it, but it's not necessary and doesn't mean you really ARE guilty of anything (except, perhaps, doing something illegal).

·
Registered
22 Posts
I tried it once or twice, and it took a while for it to kick in and give me a high. Personally I don't care what anyone stereotypes marijuana users as, I think it's enjoyable. Never try it on anxiety/depression/ADD meds, though, really. (do any other infp's used to take or still take those kind of meds?)

·
Registered
48 Posts
I tried it once or twice, and it took a while for it to kick in and give me a high. Personally I don't care what anyone stereotypes marijuana users as, I think it's enjoyable. Never try it on anxiety/depression/ADD meds, though, really. (do any other infp's used to take or still take those kind of meds?)
Why nor while on ADHD meds? As someone on them, I'm curious.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Interestingly enough, I've never felt bad about doing it. Though I do have a hard time being around my friends who do nothing else...

I don't like the idea of excess, especially involving something that alters your perception. And I never liked the idea of driving while high, mostly because I'm not good at driving anyway. :tongue: So my only moral objections are what you do with the drug. Responsibility, in general, really. I don't really judge, though. I just know my own standards and don't really fold to the peer pressure, though it's given me a goody two shoes persona with my stoner friends.

I've done it about 8 or 9 times. It's nice, but I don't absolutely need it. And it's cool if you use it a lot, but I've learned that sometimes that can lead to a type of addiction (though, not chemical). Which can change people in a lot of negative ways. Not always, though. I don't think it's anything you should feel bad about. You're not hurting anyone. Your values matter more than the values of society.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Why nor while on ADHD meds? As someone on them, I'm curious.
Marijuana increases your heart rate and so do add/ADHD meds. My heart was pounding when I tried it, I had horrible chest pains. Then I smoked when I didn't take my Meds that day and it was better.

One of my friends took her ADD meds and some hits, and spewed chunks, that's how terrible it made her feel. :/

Of course everyone's body reacts differently, but just a forewarning.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts