Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I've spent, let's say roughly a year, on reading about and experimenting with MBTI, Socionics, functions, I've noticed a very sharp and strange change in my real-life behavior.

1. I definitely became more confident about myself and about my understanding of other people and their behavior, which caused me to become much more assertive, ambitious, more extroverted and challenging. As I'm no longer lost in an endless maze of doubts, and can analyze my social environment in greater and more comprehensive details.

2. I became more of an asshole than I was prior to discovering MBTI. I started experimenting and treating myself and other people as toys. Feeling deeply compelled to test my limits and the limits of other people, abusing situations, pouring additional fuel into conflicts, and completely not caring about blow-backs. I no longer care if I get punched for what I say, and I no longer care if my relationship falls apart with a person as result of my increased pressure on him.
I thought studying psychology, even a little bit, would make me more mature and pleasant, but it had the exact opposite effect. I've learned of some of the impulses I always had in my life but was repressing, so I've decided to unleash them "for science", and enjoyed it. I feel like I'm coming closer to discovering my true self, but this also leads to greater conflict with the people around me. And what scares me is that I'm enjoying it.

·
exploring space
ENFP
9,465 Posts
As I've spent, let's say roughly a year, on reading about and experimenting with MBTI, Socionics, functions, I've noticed a very sharp and strange change in my real-life behavior.

1. I definitely became more confident about myself and about my understanding of other people and their behavior, which caused me to become much more assertive, ambitious, more extroverted and challenging. As I'm no longer lost in an endless maze of doubts, and can analyze my social environment in greater and more comprehensive details.

2. I became more of an asshole than I was prior to discovering MBTI. I started experimenting and treating myself and other people as toys. Feeling deeply compelled to test my limits and the limits of other people, abusing situations, pouring additional fuel into conflicts, and completely not caring about blow-backs. I no longer care if I get punched for what I say, and I no longer care if my relationship falls apart with a person as result of my increased pressure on him.
I thought studying psychology, even a little bit, would make me more mature and pleasant, but it had the exact opposite effect. I've learned of some of the impulses I always had in my life but was repressing, so I've decided to unleash them "for science", and enjoyed it. I feel like I'm coming closer to discovering my true self, but this also leads to greater conflict with the people around me. And what scares me is that I'm enjoying it.
It sounds like you had some sort of revelation about yourself and it makes you behave like a volcano that was brewing for too long. Hopefully you'll find balance eventually.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts