Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always had an incredibly weird sense of humor, so much that I can't even place it in the different types of known humors (black humor, etc.). I like incredibly random things, and I make jokes and say things that make little sense, except to me. Sometimes they don't even make sense, but the point is for them not to make sense. That's why it's funny. Or I'm purposely saying stupid things seriously just to get a reaction from whoever I'm talking to. Or I create personas and act silly or stupid or obnoxious... whatever the character I create is. It may be childish, but it always makes me smile.

I seem to be the person that can make myself laugh the most. I'm my own personal comedian. I kind of make inside jokes with myself.

The only other person who's gotten my sense of humor is an ENFP, I think. We've always got on incredibly well with our weird antics and projects. No one else has truly gotten our weird humor in the eight years we've known each other.

Can anyone else relate?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I was reading through the thread on "INFJ Humor" over on the INFJ board and I think I generally agreed with what a lot of people over there found funny. I really don't like toilet humor or humor that really hurts other people, either physically or emotionally.

I've definitely had my fair share of inside jokes, though, so I'm not entirely sure. And I definitely constantly make jokes that cause me to laugh, look weird in a group of people, and be completely unable to explain why I just laughed. It's not fun.

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Yes. I do the same thing.
Just today I was laying on the couch with my fan in my face and stuck my arm out and
was waving it and started to say "rolling with the homies" like in clueless baha and then I was reversing it and making
it go faster and slower and doing choo-choo and robotic noises I thoughht it was HILARIOUS I was crying so hard from laughing but my mom looked at me like What the fuck?

and I stood over it and lept saying in it "If I puke right now it'll splatter splatter splatter" while singing bahaha

I do stuff like this all the time I'll say things that I find funny but no one really understands I just feel like their missing out on an amazing moment heh.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I think I like twisted, "smart" humor the most. It's very hard to describe. I could name some comedians I like: Zach Galifianakis, Demetri Martin, George Carlin. All of these guys are more the intellectual type. Their jokes require thought. But they also are pretty dark, except for maybe Demetri.

I also agree that I absolutely HATE any kind of practical joke that hurts people physically or emotionally. It just makes me feel sorry for the victim, and angry at the perpetrator. Anybody else feel the same?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just today I was laying on the couch with my fan in my face and stuck my arm out and
was waving it and started to say "rolling with the homies" like in clueless baha and then I was reversing it and making
it go faster and slower and doing choo-choo and robotic noises I thoughht it was HILARIOUS I was crying so hard from laughing but my mom looked at me like What the fuck?
When I read that I started cackling like an idiot. Haha, that sounds almost exactly like something I would say or do if I was really bored. XD Now I don't feel so alone.

JC, have you ever watched Arrested Development? I just got done with watching all three seasons (not even three! Psh, thirteen episodes is not one season) and it sounds like something you might like. It's very "smart" humor, with a joke within a joke. Each time you go back, you find a new joke in the wording. Pretty dark/twisted, too.

·
Registered
16 Posts
When I read that I started cackling like an idiot. Haha, that sounds almost exactly like something I would say or do if I was really bored. XD Now I don't feel so alone.

JC, have you ever watched Arrested Development? I just got done with watching all three seasons (not even three! Psh, thirteen episodes is not one season) and it sounds like something you might like. It's very "smart" humor, with a joke within a joke. Each time you go back, you find a new joke in the wording. Pretty dark/twisted, too.
I love Arrested Development. Everytime I rewatch an episode I laugh more hysterically.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Marry me.

I'm hesitant to watch other shows people suggest to me because they're kind of like Arrested Development. Better Off Ted? 30 Rock? Ehh...

·
Registered
242 Posts
JC, have you ever watched Arrested Development?
Yeah! Actually, a friend introduced me to it recently and I loved it! I've watched the first season but I haven't had time to keep going, but I plan on it. Thanks for the suggestion!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah! Actually, a friend introduced me to it recently and I loved it! I've watched the first season but I haven't had time to keep going, but I plan on it. Thanks for the suggestion!
I think the second season was my favorite. Either the first or second. Really hilarious. I loved the whole show! I was so sad to watch the final episode.

·
Registered
759 Posts
It's safe to say nothing is off-limits to me if it is funny or attempts to be. I think jokes are jokes specifically because they aren't meant to be taken seriously. I think creating some artificial line of what is appropriate or inappropriate is silly. I like dry, sarcastic, ironic, and deadpan humor the most. Dark, cringe, or racial humor don't bother me at all nor do practical jokes, but I can equally laugh at clean and harmless humor too. I make no distinction.

If I ever feel the purpose of the joke is truly mean intent to hurt the feelings of another person rather than be humorous, I immediately am turned off and stop laughing. But I won't hold it against someone if they were trying to be funny and hurt the feelings of another unintentionally. One of the major reasons I can choose to not allow some of the most horrific things in this world to get to me are because of humor, so rationally I have to believe it is ok to say things to cheer myself up while not meaning them.

But I do try to censor myself or not insult people. I'm the kind of person who has to immediately go find another aisle to die laughing in if I see someone knock over a huge display in a store. I'm laughing thinking about an incident I witnessed involving brocolli heads right now, but I am pretty sure the person didn't see me booking for the bread aisle as they were flustered and busy with the issue at hand.

Favorite comedians are generally guys from the New York comedy scene. Bill Burr, Jim Norton, Louis CK, Rich Vos, Colin Quinn, Patrice O'Neal, Robert Kelly, etc. Pretty much any comedian who appears on The Opie & Anthony Show.

I also will zone out like Calvaire and crack myself up, but I rarely seem to do this if anyone else is around. My wife is really the only person who has caught me a few times when I just couldn't hold it in. But to summarize when I'm alone, it would generally frighten me over what people would think if there was a secret camera watching me. Suddenly jumping up and saying odd things before breaking into a fit of laughing.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've always had an incredibly weird sense of humor, so much that I can't even place it in the different types of known humors (black humor, etc.). I like incredibly random things, and I make jokes and say things that make little sense, except to me. Sometimes they don't even make sense, but the point is for them not to make sense. That's why it's funny. Or I'm purposely saying stupid things seriously just to get a reaction from whoever I'm talking to. Or I create personas and act silly or stupid or obnoxious... whatever the character I create is. It may be childish, but it always makes me smile.
this describes my sense of humor quite well
now i also like dark, black, satirical, cynical, and sarcastic forms of humor - but this sense of humor remains my favorite - i like to call it stupidity humor

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
Yes. I do the same thing.

and I stood over it and lept saying in it "If I puke right now it'll splatter splatter splatter" while singing bahaha

I do stuff like this all the time I'll say things that I find funny but no one really understands I just feel like their missing out on an amazing moment heh.
That sounds freakin hilarious.:crazy:

I feel like I have a "dumb" sense of humor. I laugh a lot at stupid things that make no sense. Like these pictures, for instance.

·
MOTM Dec 2012
12,239 Posts
yes i can relate. i pride myself in making awkward situations even more awkward with awkward jokes.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I think I like twisted, "smart" humor the most. It's very hard to describe. I could name some comedians I like: Zach Galifianakis, Demetri Martin, George Carlin. All of these guys are more the intellectual type. Their jokes require thought. But they also are pretty dark, except for maybe Demetri.

I also agree that I absolutely HATE any kind of practical joke that hurts people physically or emotionally. It just makes me feel sorry for the victim, and angry at the perpetrator. Anybody else feel the same?
Between Two Ferns with Zach Galifianakis: Steve Carell from Between Two Ferns, Zach Galifianakis, Steve Carell, Comedy Deathray, and Scott Aukerman - Video

I love this website. :crazy:

·
Registered
224 Posts
This is one of the things that can keep me shy around new people. :x I like dry, deadpan, gallows, tongue-in-cheek humor; more complex joke-within-a-joke humor; obvious humor (think really bad puns), and dumb humor like in jinamuro's reply :); characters are always fun to employ! But it always feels like I'm the only one who gets it. I think people might need a minute to figure my humor out? The first time I crack a joke, I get looked at like I'm a moonman; the second time, I get them laughing.

Why can't I just be one of those people who watches Everybody Loves Raymond for jokes? :p

·
Registered
198 Posts
I like those moments where you say something outrageous just to see the look on their faces like they're thinking (what the fuuuuck). Makes me lul :laughing:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts