Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Community. =)
Today I tried meditation out for the first time. I had a binaural Beat and I was calming down to it. As I let go my thoughts (I had my eyes closed) there was a big black space (this one you see when you close your eyes).

As I let go my thoughts a grey thing was coming closer and closer to me, the thing was close to me like having it 20 cm away from my face and it was a weird looking face. It was grey and it was like light hit it frontal. This face opened his/her eyes, I couldn´t define a gender. It was totally scary to me, I instantly stopped the meditation because the face was very frightening. D=

Did you know what this could be? Do you have similar experiences? It was just a weird looking face opening eyes...

·
Banned
133 Posts
hhmmm very interesting, the only thing I could think of is that if you are able to disassociate with the ego, sometimes also known as "ego death", essentially you can drop all genders and stereotypes and any thoughts in general or from what I understand. Could be why your experience had no genders. I'm sure someone else knows more about it than me. I don't know enough about the subject because I havn't dropped enough LSD haha.

·
Registered
547 Posts
When I meditate, I get to a point at which I can 'see beyond' my eyelids and it as though I am seeing a whole new space. I start to merge into it and feel as though my body is dissolving and then I am always quickly jerked back to my body. And I continue to breathe. In and out. In and out.

It's your mind playing tricks. Bring your attention back to your breath and be.

·
Registered
10 Posts
It's your mind playing tricks. Bring your attention back to your breath and be.
I also think this is the case. Our mind is a very complex and intriguing thing. So it's better that you don't pay attention to it. Just let it happen and observe it.

I have several weird experience in meditation too, but I think it's better not to pay attention to it, as it will confuse you and make you lose focus.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
A story I read years back, which I will recite from faint memory.

"There was once a Buddhist novice who would meditate daily. During every session, a giant spider would hang down from the ceiling into his face, and he was frightened every time.

The novice asked his master for advice. The master instructed,

"When the spider comes again, draw a black circle onto its belly. Then, next time, you will know where it comes from."

So the novice went and meditated again, with a paint brush beside him. The spider came punctually as usual. When it did, the novice took out the paint brush and swiftly drew a black circle onto the spider's belly. Marked, the spider ran off in fear.

The novice was rid of the spider and would finish his meditation in peace.

But, much to his fright, upon waking from the meditation, he found a big black circle painted upon his own belly."

So, in my honest opinion, there is no need to be afraid of anything you experience during meditation :kitteh: It all comes from the inside. Then again, what's more frightening than your own darkness...

·
Registered
696 Posts
If this is overwhelming, keep your distance from scrying. lol

Just backing up what has been stated already. When it comes to these kind of things... most psychical/spiritual experiences, its best not try to bracket them like sensory experiences.

"Who? What? When? Where? Why? How? If?"

Just watch.

·
Registered
231 Posts
What an awesome first experience with meditation. Weird, scary...hopefully it has show you some of the limitless potential of the mind.

I focus on trance meditation, but I have also done zazen and have begun practicing kriya yoga.

Some of the strange things I've encountered:

I routinely get to a place in trance where I have put my body to sleep but my mind remains awake. It is completely calm, and then I start hearing voices. One by one more conversations spring up around me. Some are right next to me, and some seem to be almost inaudible in the background. I call this the cafeteria. It gets louder and louder, and I continue to eavesdrop with no thoughts of my own, until everyone is finished and they all leave.

At some point I begin to (seemingly out of nowhere) manifest these bright white rings. They begin to collapse inward on each other into a single point in my vision. Slowly the rings begin to speed up and there is momentum. I have not been able to breach this moment, I always feel fear and am ejected. I can feel the importance, there is something there for me when I am ready.

I was meditating with a girlfriend when I was younger, when I felt pressure on my forehead and a white light in my closed eyes. Later on, my girl said she imagined that she kissed me on my forehead during the meditation.

I fell asleep during an intense meditation, and woke up in the middle of the night. Highlights from the moon illuminated my blinds, and I realized that my blinds were breathing, and that they were painted in neon colors and patterns that were morphing shape. I was shocked at the realization that I was hallucinating. Then, in my delirious state I told myself something with absolute certainty, which made the entire thing mundane in the moment: 'oh this is normal, this happens every night'. That thought is something I'll never forget, it was almost even more strange than the fact that I randomly woke up in such a state. As far as I knew that was not a normal thing, and it did not happen every night. But I could recall that in that moment I knew for sure it did. It reminds me of something, 'how quickly we forget our dreams when we wake; how quickly do we forget waking life when we dream'. Down the rabbit hole for sure.

If interested to continue into meditation, I strongly recommend reading autobiography of a yogi by paramahansa yogananda. Changed my life when I was young, changed it again when I was older...wish you the best!

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Fear is a natural human response to a perceived possible threat. So far you have only seen the "face" and nothing happened because you stopped meditating. I have this reaction when I'm awake in my daily life. Anxiety is much stronger when it is associated with images and not only words. This "face" could represent you asking yourself the question "who am I" and you don't have any answer yet. Next time accept the "face", perhaps it will change you forever in positive or negative way. Are you willing to take this chance ? 50/50 ... life or death. You might be scared of knowing the answers of who you really are, because you are afraid that the answer is different to what you thought about yourself your whole life. Maybe because you wanted to be someone else because of the influence of other people and now your inner self wants out from the prison of your mind.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you all for your friendly responses, this is a long time ago and I never had such an experience again. But anyways thank you all, I will think about your answers. =)

·
Registered
939 Posts
What an awesome first experience with meditation. Weird, scary...hopefully it has show you some of the limitless potential of the mind.

I focus on trance meditation, but I have also done zazen and have begun practicing kriya yoga.

Some of the strange things I've encountered:

I routinely get to a place in trance where I have put my body to sleep but my mind remains awake. It is completely calm, and then I start hearing voices. One by one more conversations spring up around me. Some are right next to me, and some seem to be almost inaudible in the background. I call this the cafeteria. It gets louder and louder, and I continue to eavesdrop with no thoughts of my own, until everyone is finished and they all leave.

At some point I begin to (seemingly out of nowhere) manifest these bright white rings. They begin to collapse inward on each other into a single point in my vision. Slowly the rings begin to speed up and there is momentum. I have not been able to breach this moment, I always feel fear and am ejected. I can feel the importance, there is something there for me when I am ready.

I was meditating with a girlfriend when I was younger, when I felt pressure on my forehead and a white light in my closed eyes. Later on, my girl said she imagined that she kissed me on my forehead during the meditation.

I fell asleep during an intense meditation, and woke up in the middle of the night. Highlights from the moon illuminated my blinds, and I realized that my blinds were breathing, and that they were painted in neon colors and patterns that were morphing shape. I was shocked at the realization that I was hallucinating. Then, in my delirious state I told myself something with absolute certainty, which made the entire thing mundane in the moment: 'oh this is normal, this happens every night'. That thought is something I'll never forget, it was almost even more strange than the fact that I randomly woke up in such a state. As far as I knew that was not a normal thing, and it did not happen every night. But I could recall that in that moment I knew for sure it did. It reminds me of something, 'how quickly we forget our dreams when we wake; how quickly do we forget waking life when we dream'. Down the rabbit hole for sure.

If interested to continue into meditation, I strongly recommend reading autobiography of a yogi by paramahansa yogananda. Changed my life when I was young, changed it again when I was older...wish you the best!

These are all very interesting experiences, I loved reading them. I liked especially the one with the astral kiss. Sounds so romantic.. :3

Mind is such a powerful tool. Even though our proletarian society likes for us to think otherwise, I believe we humans are incredibly psychic beings, more psychic than many of the people may believe. It's the closest thing we have to the term we call magic. Too bad most of the people are content merely of the physical world, and anything beyond it (even the most simplest things as dreams) are too strange and out of the ordinary for them to delve deeper into it.

I have experiences of my own. I could share them if you like to hear.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Hello Community. =)
Today I tried meditation out for the first time. I had a binaural Beat and I was calming down to it. As I let go my thoughts (I had my eyes closed) there was a big black space (this one you see when you close your eyes).

As I let go my thoughts a grey thing was coming closer and closer to me, the thing was close to me like having it 20 cm away from my face and it was a weird looking face. It was grey and it was like light hit it frontal. This face opened his/her eyes, I couldn´t define a gender. It was totally scary to me, I instantly stopped the meditation because the face was very frightening. D=

Did you know what this could be? Do you have similar experiences? It was just a weird looking face opening eyes...
I had the same face zooming in when I have stimulants and I'm going to sleep

1 - 11 of 11 Posts