Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious...has anyone ever been pulled aside by a complete stranger and told they were surrounded by angels/touched by god/etc? This has happened to me twice and I can't quite understand why because I thought ENFJ was the profile closest to a cult leader not the INTP trying so hard to camouflage with the nearest wall :rolleyes:

Let me also give a slight disclaimer by saying I live in the southern U.S.

·
Registered
INTP
438 Posts
Just curious...has anyone ever been pulled aside by a complete stranger and told they were surrounded by angels/touched by god/etc? This has happened to me twice and I can't quite understand why because I thought ENFJ was the profile closest to a cult leader not the INTP trying so hard to camouflage with the nearest wall :rolleyes:

Let me also give a slight disclaimer by saying I live in the southern U.S.
The southern US used to be the Bible belt, although I wouldn't say that's the case anymore. What do you mean ENFJ vs INTP? Are you saying the INTPs are people who are the strangers and you expected ENFJs?

As a disclaimer, I am Catholic, I have spoken with God (though I have a lengthy explanation for what "God" means to me), but I don't expect people to understand without His enlightenment.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Don't let other people's unnecessary craziness reflect on who you think you might be. It's them, not you.

But, I'd hazard a guess that you look (come across) like the sort of person who's non-threatening; therefore, there's no risk that you would beat them or yell at them for being such an invasive weirdo.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Welp, living in Denmark there is approximately 0-1 % chance of that happening. We do not have that many devout people, most are just in religion for the traditions (christmas, wedding, funeral and baptisement). Besides that, we have a high percentage of non-believers. This has created a culture, where if you say anything overtly religious in public, people take a step away from you. Because you must be a crazy person. (is the logic)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The southern US used to be the Bible belt, although I wouldn't say that's the case anymore. What do you mean ENFJ vs INTP? Are you saying the INTPs are people who are the strangers and you expected ENFJs?

As a disclaimer, I am Catholic, I have spoken with God (though I have a lengthy explanation for what "God" means to me), but I don't expect people to understand without His enlightenment.
There was a post on oddly developed types (sorry I can't include the link here) about ENFJs being cult leaders and I was just making a joke about it. Really, this whole thread is a joke but I was wondering if this had happened to anyone else. Also I'm not an atheist I just find the idea of a person who's known me all of 2 minutes telling me they see divine beings around me odd...like were they here 30 minutes ago when I showered?

I find perception to be such an interesting thing. I'm sure many who saw me in that same moment probably thought I looked very intimidating (I get this a lot because I have a terrible case of RBF). I wonder if the perception would have been the same if they knew about my road rage or the fact I'm a lesbian

·
Registered
31,346 Posts
They're just able to see the divine in you...everybody knows God is an INTP.
He's an INTJ. He kills people, he makes up his own morality, he probably had some stressful inferior Se times when he started saying masturbation was immoral (why would a God that big give a crap?). He made the universe subject to Te laws like the speed of light and his Ni overlooked the inconsistent book that he wrote but still accepted everything he could possibly say as correct. It wasn't timely, he told the first two people to not eat the apple of knowledge which is clearly symbolism for the Ti function that ultimately questioned all of his conclusions until the developed parts of the world started becoming secular. As such the shadow type of INTJ emerged, ESFP. ESFPs have a much greater interest in masturbation, sex and material goods which are all satanic rituals that go against the INTJ God and as we know ESFPs are everywhere. The INTJ God was in a turbulent Ni+Fi loop between the time of Moses and Jesus, causing him to do erratic things like send plagues on Egyptian Pharaohs and other business. At the climax he decided to stop being so cruel and invented an ENTP son he called Jesus used to troll religious people into believing that he was three persons in one essence and you can never be more selfish than that. Some time after Jesus died however, God sunk into essentialism like many INTx's and merely sits alone and plans his infinite future effectively making him a Deist type of God who was very impersonal yet not very active. Not to be confused with an INTP which Einstein believed in, the difference being The INTP God never did anything except for creating the universe and helping John Locke invent Natural Rights. This view in contradicted by the bible which clearly indicates God is an INTJ personality who has brought upon many Te changes such as evolution and has his own Ni exaggerations like saying he built the world in 7 days. Nowadays God does little Se things like help cure individual diseased patients but not Ni things like remove all disease from existence because of his current state of existentialism and lack of worship from non-hypocritical people. Sometimes his Fi isn't on its game recently someone prayed to have a new a toy and God answered "No." Other INTJ qualities of God, he is quiet, he is unresponsive to emotional pleading and he sits around and theorizes all day while doing little to maintain the physical universe as he used to.

·
Registered
INTP
438 Posts
There was a post on oddly developed types (sorry I can't include the link here) about ENFJs being cult leaders and I was just making a joke about it.
Ah, I see.

Really, this whole thread is a joke but I was wondering if this had happened to anyone else. Also I'm not an atheist I just find the idea of a person who's known me all of 2 minutes telling me they see divine beings around me odd...like were they here 30 minutes ago when I showered?

I find perception to be such an interesting thing. I'm sure many who saw me in that same moment probably thought I looked very intimidating (I get this a lot because I have a terrible case of RBF). I wonder if the perception would have been the same if they knew about my road rage or the fact I'm a lesbian
Wait - so they're saying that the angels and whatnot are around you, not them? Okay... But again, who are the INTPs in this scenario? Oh, wait, that's not important... or is it? Crap, where am I supposed to dissect this conversation????

·
Registered
145 Posts
Well, I know I was told a few times in the past that I had some sort of... halo glow around me, but that's about it. I'm not quite sure what they meant, but I just sort of shrugged it off. I don't know, people can be odd sometimes.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I used to put up posters for companies in my downtown area for advertising, once a man with a cassette player walked up to me and told me his name was eddie and asked if i had remembered him, he said to ask my parents, he told me stay in school, one day you'll be president. Thought he was on something haha.

·
Registered
ILI
5,652 Posts
The southern US used to be the Bible belt, although I wouldn't say that's the case anymore.
You wouldn't?

You just don't feel like it, or you live in the "middle" (neither north nor south) but identify as Southern?

In the town I grew up, I would estimate 99% of people were Christian. I don't even think that's exaggerating.

Wasn't a "small town" either. It was medium-ish sized.. about 50k people or so.

Where I'm from, a small town has about 1k people (or fewer).

·
Registered
548 Posts
Perhaps instead of letting it bother you, ask for it to be revealed. If there is truth to it, and the angels could be seen by this person, it stands to reason that they would reveal themselves to you as well since you are the one they are likely protecting. I have to ask this though. Does it scare you? Do you want to see it as truth? Or do you want to see it as false? Does it bother you because you have seen or felt evidence of them? Have you prayed for answers? Is it possible that you were given this as a message?

Think on it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.