Personality Cafe banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so here's the deal:

I like this guy, right? He's trilingual, has a british accent, is very attractive, is highly intelligent and passionate about physics, and is also generous enough that he ordered Swedish chocolate online and gave it to everyone in the flat.

He also likes me a lot. He's smelled my hair during a hug, talked to me for over 3 hours when I was in sweatpants with no makeup on, followed me to the bus stop when he didn't plan to go home just so he could talk to me, etc., etc.

So he has my number, but I don't have his. I gave it to him the first day I met him, which was when I missed the bus and talked to him while we waited for the next one. Even though we do like each other, and even though he does have my number, he hasn't texted me.

Instead, he relies on seeing me in random situations like being in the library or in the dining commons. I've reminded him that I don't have his number, but he just said "Oh, wait really?" and not texted me :p

Basically with only a month left of school, I'm getting a bit tired of it, but he's a little too nice for me to tell him off without feeling guilty about it.

·
Banned
3,255 Posts
Sounds classic INTJ, or perhaps just not interested. :dry: Next time you see him, ask for his number and make him give it to you, then follow up with a txt that day. You'll have to take the initiative if this is going to come off. If he's just not interested then at least you'll know and be out of the misery of hoping for a possibility.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds classic INTJ, or perhaps just not interested. :dry: Next time you see him, ask for his number and make him give it to you, then follow up with a txt that day. You'll have to take the initiative if this is going to come off. If he's just not interested then at least you'll know and be out of the misery of hoping for a possibility.
He actually is very interested and shows it. He's much more of an ENTP in my opinion, very excited about theories, talks non-stop sometimes about them, and genuinely cares about and loves people :p but yeah, I guess that's what I'll have to do is just ask if he wants to hang out sometime. It's very obvious that he likes me though, so that's a plus :kitteh:

·
Banned
3,255 Posts
He actually is very interested and shows it. He's much more of an ENTP in my opinion, very excited about theories, talks non-stop sometimes about them, and genuinely cares about and loves people :p but yeah, I guess that's what I'll have to do is just ask if he wants to hang out sometime. It's very obvious that he likes me though, so that's a plus :kitteh:
Just take the initiative then, could just be he forgets to contact you until he sees you again. You might need to be the organised one.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
so here's the deal:

I like this guy, right? He's trilingual, has a british accent, is very attractive, is highly intelligent and passionate about physics, and is also generous enough that he ordered Swedish chocolate online and gave it to everyone in the flat.

He also likes me a lot. He's smelled my hair during a hug, talked to me for over 3 hours when I was in sweatpants with no makeup on, followed me to the bus stop when he didn't plan to go home just so he could talk to me, etc., etc.

So he has my number, but I don't have his. I gave it to him the first day I met him, which was when I missed the bus and talked to him while we waited for the next one. Even though we do like each other, and even though he does have my number, he hasn't texted me.

Instead, he relies on seeing me in random situations like being in the library or in the dining commons. I've reminded him that I don't have his number, but he just said "Oh, wait really?" and not texted me :p

Basically with only a month left of school, I'm getting a bit tired of it, but he's a little too nice for me to tell him off without feeling guilty about it.
Aww, he sounds very nice.

Anyway, I would suggest, next time you see him, maybe, being subtle, ask him if he will text you. No, don't be blunt, how about something like this?:

"Hey, well I was wondering if you wanted to talk more often? I only get to see you a little bit, and I'd love to talk more."

Would something like that work? Considering he is interested.

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
I cant tell if he is oblivious or you are delusional.

I would say its time to not bother with the round about, "I haven't gotten your number". And just say the very direct way... "Can I have your number?"

·
Registered
191 Posts
I'm moving home from college in a month :/ right now, I see him maybe once every week
This is probably (partly) why he hasn't been texting you. I sound skeptical here but it's all due to my past experience with guys. Quite a number of them listed the long distance factor as a reason when they rejected me.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is probably (partly) why he hasn't been texting you. I sound skeptical here but it's all due to my past experience with guys. Quite a number of them listed the long distance factor as a reason when they rejected me.
yeahh that's too bad, I've thought about that too. Especially since my home is 4 hours away, and then I'm transferring to a college across the country in Boston, and after that I'm moving to New York. That's like three potential relationships becoming long-distance :rolleyes:

·
Registered
191 Posts
@Starbuckskat
Here, have a hug.
If he smelled your hair, I believe he's attracted to you. Just be aware of his intentions though. Some people might just want to sleep with you without having the intention/determination to be your SO. If you ever come across with a situation like this, think it through. I have ignored the little signs, tried to "take it less serious", and then disillusioned plus heartbroken.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts