Personality Cafe banner

Well, hello there.. Who wants to type me? INTJ/INFJ/INFP...

727 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  DaInbetweenah 
#1 ·
I took my first personality test some months ago, and it told me that I am an INTJ. I got really into MBTI after that and as I slowly started to learn more about the types and their cognitive functions, I started to wonder if I got mistyped. To begin with it was mostly just that I didn't relate to the stereotypical scientific, cold-hearted INTJ-robot that is always judging everyone and plotting to take over the world. I mostly just brushed it off, though, since we all know that the MBTI stereotypes are silly and really over exaggerated.
Then I started to look up INTJs on YouTube, Tumblr, blogs and so on and compared them to people of somewhat similar types, like INFJs and INFPs, just to see who I could relate the most to. I also tried to analyze and compare myself to my two closest friends and my sister, who are ISFJ, ENTJ and E?FJ. I figured that I could try to find out my functions based on their functions, if that makes any sense..? I gave up on that, though. I'm still pretty new to the cognitive functions, and I have a lot of trouble trying to figure out if I use Fe/Fi and Te/Ti. Especially Fe/Fi. I understand the difference between the two, but I'm completely blind to which one I use. It feels like I use all of them...
I also took a lot of other personality tests and always typed either INTJ or INFJ. I've never gotten any other type than these two, but I relate a lot to INFPs as well and figured that I would take the "INFJ or INFP test" on celebritytypes.com. Got 53% INFJ to 47% INFP.
Today I took the "Jungian Cognitive Functions Test" that is linked to here on this site. My results:

Introverted Feeling (Fi) ||||||||||||||||||||||||| 11.85
Introverted Intuition (Ni) |||||||||||||||||||||| 10.29
Extroverted Feeling (Fe) ||||||||||||||||||| 8.77
Introverted Sensation (Si) ||||||||| 3.62
Extroverted Intuition (Ne) ||||||| 2.92
Introverted Thinking (Ti) ||||||| 2.76
Extroverted Thinking (Te) ||||| 1.78
Extroverted Sensation (Se) || -2.2

Your Introverted Intuition (Ni) is very developed.
Your Introverted Feeling (Fi) is very developed.
Your Extroverted Intuition (Ne) is moderate.
Your Introverted Sensation (Si) is moderate.
Your Introverted Thinking (Ti) is moderate.
Your Extroverted Thinking (Te) is moderate.
Your Extroverted Feeling (Fe) is moderate.
Your Extroverted Sensation (Se) is low.

It says that I am most likely to be an INFP, with INFJ as the second possibility and ENFJ at third. I think this is really interresting, because I've taken a few other cognitive function tests before, and those always mentioned INTJ as a possibility.

I'm going to try to briefly describe my personality, so that it might be a little easier for you to type me.

I'm very selective about the people I let into my life. It's not that I don't like people, but I usually get a feeling very fast if I'm going to click with someone or not. If it doesn't feel right from the first few minutes after meeting someone, then I don't really see the point of actually trying to befriend them. But I always try to be polite and I want to get along well with everyone. A lot of times I pretend to want to get to know people, because I know that if I don't, then they are going to think that I dislike them. Or they'll dislike me.

I find people very fascinating. I don't usually feel like I want to deal with people, but I really want to know what's going on inside other peoples minds. I like psychology. I want to know what makes people act the way they do, why they feel the way they do, what they think about. I'm not good with people, but I often find that I'm good at putting myself in their shoes. I often don't really know what to do when people around me get emotional.

I've been told that I'm very stubborn. When I believe that I'm right I can be difficult to convince of anything else. I prefer doing things "my own way", and I can't stand when people try to restrict me. Creative freedom is a necessity for me to be able to enjoy myself. If I don't get that freedom, then I'm going to be pissy as hell. I'm a "suffer in silence" type of person, so whenever I get angry or frustrated it's usually hardest on myself and not the people around me. I don't like to take my bad mood out on others, because it makes me feel like a burden. I don't want to be a pain in the ass, so I often keep my deepest emotions to myself. I still express a lot of emotions when I talk to people. I am a very emotional person, even though I'm not too sure I like it. Other people probably see me as a really happy person, since I hide very well if I'm sad or angry.

In my spare time I like to write and read, sometimes I do digital painting and I'm very into film and film making. I also get really into music and I'm politically active. I care a lot about social injustice, equality and the enviroment. I wouldn't call myself spiritual, but I like to say that I am open to a lot of things. I'm not athletic. I don't like maths. I like to collect things, but I try to avoid collections. I have a feeling that I would make a great hoarder. I'm also a perfectionalist, so if I don't have the entire collection then that would bug me to death. I do collect things that can be tied to specific memories, though. My walls are full of stuff. My room is a mess, but I always clean up after myself in the rest of the house. I despise when people leave their shit floating around. I don't like surprises and I can be a control freak. I don't like public speaking. I'm not a natural leader, but I'm flexible. I don't like to share unfinnished things with people.

I think a lot. And I analyze everything. Making important decisions can be very difficult to me, so I tend to put it off for as long as I can. I always do what I'm supposed to, like not breaking promises. I arrive at point or early.
I often need to stop and think during conversations. I can have a little trouble formulating myself well. I worry a lot.

I don't really know what more to say right now. I'm sorry this was so long, and a lot of the things I wrote is probably not even useful information. I just really wanted to know what someone else thought. I've seen a lot of INTJs that think that they might be INFJs, because they have so many deep feelings inside, and I think there is a chance that might be me. But still...
I'm a little worried that I might be bias, since apparently fake INFJs are a thing? I've heard talk about how everyone and their mother seem to think that they are INFJs. I don't know too much about that, though..
I just don't trust my brain when typing myself, my unconscious mind could be influenced by something.. :)

See less See more
#2 ·
INFJ. Lots of Ni and Fe in your post. This stuck out to me:

I find people very fascinating. I don't usually feel like I want to deal with people, but I really want to know what's going on inside other peoples minds. I like psychology. I want to know what makes people act the way they do, why they feel the way they do, what they think about
You like people as an abstract idea rather than dealing with the messy concrete particulars, which is something similar that I've heard INFJs say.

A lot of times I pretend to want to get to know people, because I know that if I don't, then they are going to think that I dislike them. Or they'll dislike me
I don't like to take my bad mood out on others, because it makes me feel like a burden. I don't want to be a pain in the ass, so I often keep my deepest emotions to myself. I still express a lot of emotions when I talk to people.
I'm not good with people, but I often find that I'm good at putting myself in their shoes. I often don't really know what to do when people around me get emotional.
These stick out as Fe, the last sentence is more Fe-aux.

Reactions: DaInbetweenah
#3 ·
Sounds to me like you are INFJ - the "J" derives from INFJ's extroverted Judging preference, Fe being an extroverted Judging function - meaning that if you are INFJ, you value ethics (F) primarily in terms of objective analysis [e] over subjective experience (well, that is my interpretation of the functions and I think it is important to remember that even function descriptions reach us through the lens of someone else's interpretation of what those functions are, as well as their interpretation of the question, to what do we owe the existence of "functions" in the first place?)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.