Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Question above.

Do you agree that the 2000's were the last great decade? Whenever I watch/listen to pop culture from the 2000's, I get the impression that there was still a sense of "unity" among society and people in general. There was still an eagerness to explore undiscovered things and take the world in new directions. There was still a sense of creativity and innovation.

For whatever reason, that mindset seemed to change around the end of the decade after the recession happened and heading into the Early 2010's. It seemed like everything suddenly became more overly "corporate" and commercialized. Quality and unity went by the wayside, all for the sake of corporate greed. What's worse is that culture of nostalgia has greatly effected our creativity and it's us harder this decade than ever before.

And with the ongoing development of social media and smartphones, it has only become worse...

·
Registered
962 Posts
I'm sure that many people have felt that way about different decades throughout history. Yes, the internet is a big deal—it has had arguably as much or more impact on society in comparison to other developments—but there's always something new that people feel will never be as good as the past. The Industrial Revolution, the Great Depression, the craziness of the 60's, and 9/11 have all marked a shift in society that comes with pros and cons.

We just have to learn to adapt to the changes of an ever-changing society. Things are just faster-paced and more connected now.

·
Registered
482 Posts
No. Every decade has their pros and cons. You can’t say the 2000’s are the LAST great decade because who knows, the 2020’s may turn out to be even better than the 2000’s.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Question above.

Do you agree that the 2000's were the last great decade? Whenever I watch/listen to pop culture from the 2000's, I get the impression that there was still a sense of "unity" among society and people in general. There was still an eagerness to explore undiscovered things and take the world in new directions. There was still a sense of creativity and innovation.

For whatever reason, that mindset seemed to change around the end of the decade after the recession happened and heading into the Early 2010's. It seemed like everything suddenly became more overly "corporate" and commercialized. Quality and unity went by the wayside, all for the sake of corporate greed. What's worse is that culture of nostalgia has greatly effected our creativity and it's us harder this decade than ever before.

And with the ongoing development of social media and smartphones, it has only become worse...
That post sounds awfully familiar to something I typed up on inthe00s. Some of the sentences are exactly the same.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
This is from my post on inthe00s

What's "wrong" with modern culture and society?

Whenever I watch/listen to pop culture from the 20th Century, I get the impression that there was still a sense of "unity" among society and people in general. There was still an eagerness to explore undiscovered things and take the world in new directions.
@TheMusicdewd22

You stole my post, you moron

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
This is from my post on inthe00s

What's "wrong" with modern culture and society?

@TheMusicdewd22

You stole my post, you moron
Why don't you log of the Internet and get off of these forums. Aren't you supposed to be studying for algebra, kiddo? I bet your mother is probably begging you to get off your smartphone like the zombie you are and wants you to talk to people.

BTW, you really shouldn't obsess over a decade you didn't live in either. You are only born in 1999 and for you to claim the 1990's is laughable and an insult to people who exactly grew with up in the decade.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Why don't you log of the Internet and get off of these forums. Aren't you supposed to be studying for algebra, kiddo? I bet your mother is probably begging you to get off your smartphone like the zombie you are and wants you to talk to people.

BTW, you really shouldn't obsess over a decade you didn't live in either. You are only born in 1999 and for you to claim the 1990's is laughable and an insult to people who exactly grew with up in the decade.
Bit ironic that you're trying to insult me by calling me a little kid, when you're a 23 year old man who has to resort to acting in such a manner. I've reported you for both insulting me and plagarising my post. Are you going to copy this post too?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Bit ironic that you're trying to insult me by calling me a little kid, when you're a 23 year old man who has to resort to acting in such a manner. I've reported you for both insulting me and plagarising my post. Are you going to copy this post too?
Is that guy really only 23? So he was what FIVE in 1999. :rolleyes: Yeah he REALLY lived the '90s being 5 years old in 1999. :laughing: I mean I was 12 in 1999, I didn't TRULY live it the same way that people who actually became adults in that decade did, someone who was a mere 5 and barely past crapping their diapers in 1999 sure as hell didn't live it. Give me a break. It's like saying someone born in 2014 knows all about the 2010s. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Is that guy really only 23? So he was what FIVE in 1999. :rolleyes: Yeah he REALLY lived the '90s being 5 years old in 1999. :laughing: I mean I was 12 in 1999, I didn't TRULY live it the same way that people who actually became adults in that decade did, someone who was a mere 5 and barely past crapping their diapers in 1999 sure as hell didn't live it. Give me a break. It's like saying someone born in 2014 knows all about the 2010s. :rolleyes:
LOL, I never claimed that the 90's were my decade. You are putting words in my mouth. What I meant is that ridiculous for someone who was only born in 1999 to be claiming the decade when they were barely even a year old and didn't experience the kid culture of that time like I did. And BTW, I'm not 23 years old, I'm still 22 and will be 23 on December 31st. I was born on the last day of 1994 will still makes a Millennial and NOT a hybrid like those born in 1995 and after. HAHA, LOL...

The 90's weren't for 80's borns either. The 90's belong to Generation X, those born in the late 60's, and 1970's. It was THEIR decade, not millennials.' And most of them don't give a jack about the decade. The 1990's were a boring uneventful decade with the exception of the late 90's which were amazing considering they gave way to the awesomeness of the 2000's.

What are you doing on this site anyways, Brian? Don't you have better things to do like ranting on Donald Trump for the 100th billionth time? Nobody needs your trouble here. Believe me, if you start rambling on about your uniformed opinions on political matters here, I will make sure you banned and never aloud on this site again.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
LOL, I never claimed that the 90's were my decade. You are putting words in my mouth. What I meant is that ridiculous for someone who was only born in 1999 to be claiming the decade when they were barely even a year old and didn't experience the kid culture of that time like I did.
I never even claimed that the 90s were my decade. Where in this thread have I said that? I haven't.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
What are you doing on this site anyways, Brian? Don't you have better things to do like ranting on Donald Trump for the 100th billionth time? Nobody needs your trouble here. Believe me, if you start rambling on about your uniformed opinions on political matters here, I will make sure you banned and never aloud on this site again.
What trouble? Brian hasn't caused any trouble. At least he is actually vocal about his own opinions, unlike you, who has to steal other people's posts.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I never even claimed that the 90s were my decade. Where in this thread have I said that? I haven't.
The 2000's certainly weren't your time either.

Anyways, this thread is about whether or not the 2000's were the last great decade which I think they were so that's what we were discussing. Everything was fine until you showed up and had to be such a goodie-goodie and threaten to get me banned because I took your post and added my own words to it. I'm sorry, but are you getting paid to post here? If not, what does it matter what I post and what I don't? That's none of your business.

You are much more likely banned than I am because you keep harassing me for something so minor and I reported you for it.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
The 2000's certainly weren't your time either.

Anyways, this thread is about whether or not the 2000's were the last great decade which I think they were so that's what we were discussing.
Of course I know what this thread is about. I created it. You're the one who plagarised it. It wouldn't have worried me if you had only copied one sentence or two, but you literally copy and pasted almost an entire paragraph worth of text. Did you honestly expect me not to react to it? I mean, how would you feel if I stole posts you made and claimed them as my own?

I haven't even harassed you. You, on the other hand, have degraded me and implied that I have no social life, personally attacked another member for no reason and plagarised my post. If anyone were to be banned, it would most likely be you.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Of course. You couldn't find any evidence over me claiming that the '90s were "my decade", so you had to make a childish response instead. If the 2000s weren't my time, then they certainly weren't your time either.
They were certainly more my time than yours. I was born 5 years BEFORE you were and actually remember them. Sounds to me like you're just jealous that I got to spent all my childhood and early teens in them and you DIDN'T. I proud to have grown up in the decade as a child. I grew up with the best book series ever written, Harry Potter. I grew up with REAL Star Wars movies like Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith, not that Disney unoriginal A New Hope rip-off called The Force Awakens. When I was a kid, all the kids wanted to be Toby Maguire's Spider-Man, not lame old Andrew Garfield or Tom Holland. We made fun of kids who liked anime because it was for dorks and weirdos. Not to mention that the 2000's had a lot of excellent Christian music and people still loved God last decade, unlike today where everyone is ashamed of American pride and is a God-hating atheist.

I only wish I could have born 15 years earlier so I could fully experienced the decade as an adult and get it on with so many hot celebrities of that decade like Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Jessica Alba when they were in their prime, etc. I'd rather have music like Nickelback be the music of my youth and not boring ass EDM pop trash like Lady Gaga. Who can forget U2's amazing comeback in the Early 2000's with the All You Can't Leave Behind album from 2000? What an excellent way to start off the decade.

·
Registered
482 Posts
That post sounds awfully familiar to something I typed up on inthe00s. Some of the sentences are exactly the same.
It's weird because when I first read this thread it did sound like something I read before, but not by the same person.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.