Personality Cafe banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question above.

For anyone who read all through my old thread, I'm sorry that thread got locked. I purposely copied and pasted and SharkFan99's post when I shouldn't have. But I do still want this to be thread because I feel the 2000's were great decade when came to music, movies, and other stuff and find it underrated and overlooked by a lot of people.

So does anyone else agree that the 2000's were the last great decade? That doesn't mean I ruling out of the 2020's or 2030's possibly being much better decades than the 2000's, but with the ways are going now...I'll think I'll just be happy to have a decade that I enjoy living in again even if it's only marginally better than the 2010's.

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
the 2000s were so damned cheesy... That shift from 90s grunge to 2010s urban aesthetic was quite unfortunate lmfao

·
11,928 Posts
No they weren't. The 2010's have been cheesy. And there is no need to be a jerk about it.
Hey, don't get defensive. It's just my opinion and we're all entitled. I didn't mean to be a jerk about it, I was mostly being facetious. I mean this whole thread can't be too serious. People tend to see the decades they grew up in as the greatest decades. People born in the 80s probably see the 90s as the last great decade

The 2000s had a lot of great music and movies, you're right. It has classic movies that just aren't being made anymore. I just saw a lot of shit cheesy about it. I remember the emo phase, the cheesy pop music, the clothes...Maybe you experienced it differently and taht's ok

That's just my opinion. You're entitled to yours. I'm entitled to mine. I respect yours

The thing is, I just realize people tend to see certain decades as the greatest decades when they grew up in said decades. I try to be openminded. Yes, the 2010s are cheesy too and when we get into the 2020s, I'll probably see them as even cheesier, but every decade has something to offer

·
11,928 Posts
No they weren't. The 2010's have been cheesy. And there is no need to be a jerk about it.
I honestly didn't mean to be a jerk about it so I apologize if I came off that way. If you love the decade, that's ok. I just don't. I was in a joking mood when I wrote that so I didn't mean to come off condescendingly if I did. I'm sorry

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yeah, it's my favourite decade.

I don't like how much society has changed. I dislike social media (I don't consider forums to be social media).

Fake news, highlight reels, internet trolling and a bunch of other stuff that I don't really like.

Misinformation is poisonous. And oversharing makes people depressed.

I miss when things were done in a more traditional manner. Models were in paper magazines (not on Instagram), celebrities were famous (not "influencers"), photography was done by artists (not anyone with a camera) and so and so forth.

I don't like modern activism much too. I think it's called hashtag activism. A good chunk of it centers on unimportant issues. But when it is on a serious issue, like sexual harassment it sort of goes overboard. Sexual harassment is bad but you file a police report (tweets don't [prove someone's guilt).

Constant communication has many downsides. For example, Donald Trump's tweets are out of control, I think. They're provocative, sort of like internet trolling. Second, it allows bad people to meet. Neo-Nazis form communities through social media. And you probably know where that went. Unfortunately, the internet tends to bring out the worst in a lot of people, from racism and sexism to cyberbullying. Even I've said a lot of mean things I regret.

I also feel like better computers and internet have lowered the bar of talent. For example, do most Musical.ly users really have a special talent? Were most Viners really all that funny?

Ultimately, I think the internet gives too much power to common people, who really should not be in charge.

I think the 2010s is the first decade where society has a very intimate connection with the internet, which I think does more bad than good.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
The greater one is going to be the 2020s

Reactions: Loser

·
Registered
24 Posts
I love the trash glam of the 00s.

But I like a lot of things about the 10s. I love the insanity of what massive amounts of free
information can do! In fact, I think the only thing that could ever change this world for the
better is everyone having access to as much information as possible.

Looking forward to some new madness in the 20s. Hope it's half as mad as the last 20s.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Would you really want to go back to the past? Everything is easier now and there's more to do. Even good memories I have I grow to pretty much hate after awhile cause too much has changed. They're outdated. People tend to remember the good and not the bad, opposite for the present moment.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Would you really want to go back to the past? Everything is easier now and there's more to do. Even good memories I have I grow to pretty much hate after awhile cause too much has changed. They're outdated. People tend to remember the good and not the bad, opposite for the present moment.
A thousand times this.
The 2010’s have a lot of great stuff. The technology is much better than it was in the 2000’s, it’s more easier to text and contact your friends and family nowadays. People seem to be more accepting of each other. I’m glad I’m experiencing my teen years in this decade.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
A thousand times this.
People seem to be more accepting of each other.
Or in other words, more and more people are becoming afraid to speak their minds in fears that they might "offend" someone. People are also much less accepting of differences of tastes and opinions than in the past and their has been this growing culture of rejecting anything religious, conservative, or anything that has different viewpoint of the left anything.

While technology has gotten better, it has made us lazier and less intellectual as a result and our world feel so much smaller than it use to be. Everybody is becoming same with everyone having the same things, liking the movies, liking the same music, wearing the same clothes, etc. Everything about today's society is so inoffensive and promotes a culture of blandness and nothing else.

·
Registered
♂️ Xennial - Melancholic/Choleric
3,834 Posts
I enjoyed the early 2000s. Things started to deteriorate in 2006 when MySpace went mainsteam.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts