Personality Cafe banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
List of things my childhood self possessed:

• A handcrafted rope (I made it out of yarn and it was five feet long) to strangle potential kidnappers or to leap out of burning buildings
  • A knife, just in case I got jumped
  • Two different anti-bacterial gels in case one ran out
  • Painkillers
  • A pack of cards in case we got bored on the desert island we were marooned on
  • Extra money in case I got lost
  • Minute amounts of other currencies in case I ended up in another country
  • A sewing kit
  • A glasses-fixing kit
  • Two books in case I finished one
  • A water bottle

I lugged this all around in a tote bag until the age of about 13 or 14 because I read too many fiction books and assumed things like kidnappings happened to everyone eventually in real life. Did any other ENTJs do similar things for any reason? (I know, the inefficiency makes me cringe now too)

·
Registered
427 Posts
I always have extra money on me
I always have a pack of tissue
I always have chapstick
I always have a bottle of water
I wouldn't carry all this (what you did) around though, that's just not practical.
However, I did believe that my house could go under attack anytime and I still do, even with dogs and an alarm system.
So there's a huge rope on my balcony which I can use to climb down the house in case the stairs are blocked/occupied/under siege.
There's a cutter next to my bed (a huge one, which I used for art & design to cut paper so it's really sharp; i didn't buy it just for that haha)
I am also very aware of any noise/sudden movement/potential danger-threat wherever I am.

Could that be related to being an ENTJ o.o

Reactions: maust

·
Registered
ENTJ, 8w7
2,796 Posts
I was born and mostly raised in Flint (1976-1989). Vigilance to environmental threat is ground into me at bone level, and while I'm not "build a shack in the 'American Redoubt' and stockpile all the ammunition I can lay hands on" gonzo about it, I do keep some basic supplies on hand.

Reactions: maust
1 - 3 of 3 Posts