Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Were you more reserved or introverted when you were younger? And only in the later stages in your life did you become ENTJ?

·
Chatterbox, MOTM August 2013
10,959 Posts
Lots of threads like this already exist in our forum. :frustrating:

Reactions: Slagasauras

·
Registered
ENTJ, 8w7
2,796 Posts
I was not. If anything, it has been the reverse... I've actually mellowed a bit as I've aged.

Reactions: ToughLilCookie

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Yes. I used to be super withdrawn and hate everyone- when the world got more mature, I decided it was more worth interacting with. I was the kid who would go talk to the adults about astrophysics while kids my age picked their own noses and hit each other in the face as a form of entertainment

·
Registered
218 Posts
I'm the opposite, I've become more reserved since reaching adulthood. Going through my teens I was really outspoken, which would get me in trouble a lot of the time - which i'm attributing to Te. I noticed when I was about 21 my Ni started to develop much more, and now I tend to daydream a lot more and am more calculated when voicing opinions. I guess nowadays I can foresee the expected reactions by voicing particular thoughts and opinions and have a good filter for not coming across like an asshole.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I was the loud, hyperactive kid. I remembered the other day, possibly 7-8 years old, hopping around the classroom pretending to be a frog. After about 20 years of going quiet, I'm becoming the 7-8 year old self again. Yikes!

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
I was more P-looking. My J developed last, I mistyped as ENTP for awhile.

·
Banned
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lots of threads like this already exist in our forum. :frustrating:
1. I wanted to start my own thread on this topic.
2. I didn't know there are lots of threads like this already.
3. Forums have repetitive threads, just because people are similar.
4. I don't care.
5. I care.
6. I don't care that I don't care.
7. I care that I care.
8. I care that I don't care.
9. I should stop.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Nopes, I was really talkative, capricious, hyperactive and specially choleric.
I would get pissed off when I didn't get my way but I wouldn't make a scene out of it though.
My mood would just get sour and it would really show on my face/actions haha.

Now I'm a lot more introverted (most of my friends are introverted), and observe a lot more. I tend to observe a lot before I decide whether or not it's 'worth' it for me to talk. Also I'm a lot better at hiding my disappointment. But most of all, I don't care much anymore.

·
Chatterbox, MOTM August 2013
10,959 Posts
1. I wanted to start my own thread on this topic.
2. I didn't know there are lots of threads like this already.
3. Forums have repetitive threads, just because people are similar.
4. I don't care.
5. I care.
6. I don't care that I don't care.
7. I care that I care.
8. I care that I don't care.
9. I should stop.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I was more P-looking. My J developed last, I mistyped as ENTP for awhile.
As did I. I first discovered MBTI my Senior year of high school in college-level Psychology class. The test I took for that class tested purely by dichotomy, and I tested 49% J 51% P. It wasn't until I further investigated that I realized I was just an underdeveloped/depressed Judger.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I would say I was ambivert and still am.

This might sound bad but when I was younger, I though a lot of my peers were stupid so I had felt no motivation to interact with them because their stupidity and predictability bored me.

As I got older, I became more accepting and at least tried to talk to people and spell things out for them. I suppose I developed patience by then. I was glad I did because I found those "stupid" people to be very sweet, kind, and hard-working--which are qualities I like in a person. I found them less arrogant and willing to admit their ignorance, which I was happy to supply knowledge for them.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've always only had two or three good friends (Gamma quadra) and used to appear very introverted. Now, people have told me I will approach anyone and talk to them, and it is completely true. I have no trouble talking to groups, and can do it at the drop of a hat.
I would say that this took a while to develop, though.

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
Were you more reserved or introverted when you were younger? And only in the later stages in your life did you become ENTJ?
I was more extroverted when younger and grew to be more introverted while still maintaining the social skills of an extravert.

I am a major sx though, my connections are highly personal and individual. This leads to a seemingly introverted outward persona as something like a party doesn't interest me unless I am the one running it or the one snuck off in the closet to the side figuring out just how easy or hard it may be to get out of business casual attire.

·
Plumcot
2,186 Posts
Yes. I used to be super withdrawn and hate everyone- when the world got more mature, I decided it was more worth interacting with. I was the kid who would go talk to the adults about astrophysics while kids my age picked their own noses and hit each other in the face as a form of entertainment
I grinned at the 'hitting each other in the face as a form of entertainment' because my coworkers and I actually throw laundry baskets and mop heads at each other.
It's intriguing, my ENTJ father described himself as rather introverted, and on first glance he is, but he shows quite a lot of Te (being an ENTJ after all).
"I'm definitely introverted."
"AHAHA BULLSHIT."
"..."
@Lakin what is a depressed judger? How are we defining this?

·
Registered
402 Posts
Let's see ... when I was 3 years old, I climbed the fenced in back yard and my father spent an hour frantically looking for me and found me sitting on a curb eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich (to this day we have no idea where I got it) almost a mile away. In the 8th grade, after multiple warnings, I got my mouth taped shut by a teacher; I continued to talk with the tape flapping on my upper lip. I won "most talkative" of my senior class. Shy little bugger I was. hahahaha Though I am still quite extroverted, I have toned my passion for things down in public a bit as I have aged, out of sheer necessity.

·
Registered
Extroverted Intuitive
1,320 Posts
I was very shy in some situations but when I was around friends and family I could be the most talkative one in the room.

·
Registered
ENTJ, 8w7
2,796 Posts
Let's see ... when I was 3 years old, I climbed the fenced in back yard and my father spent an hour frantically looking for me and found me sitting on a curb eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich (to this day we have no idea where I got it) almost a mile away. In the 8th grade, after multiple warnings, I got my mouth taped shut by a teacher; I continued to talk with the tape flapping on my upper lip. I won "most talkative" of my senior class. Shy little bugger I was. hahahaha Though I am still quite extroverted, I have toned my passion for things down in public a bit as I have aged, out of sheer necessity.
I do not understand why so many in our society regard apathy, passivity, and disengagement as virtues, but they seem to. And this is in spite of the fact that the overwhelming majority our fictional heroes (as well as the rl historical ones) were definitely not that way... they were active, engaged, and absolutely bursting at the seams with "Give A Damn" about at least one thing.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.