Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
No, I wasn't either. BUT, most people who were lucky enough to get to know me told me I was a very cool person....While this is very different from being one of "the cool kids", it's more of a compliment and it's even better IMO.

·
Banned
13,780 Posts
Nay :p

·
Registered
69 Posts
No, i wasnt but i always made myself feel better when someone from the "cool guys" made fun of me, and i answered, you make fun of me becouse im different, but i laugh of you becouse you are the same.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I sort of made friends with the "cool kids" but I was always too quiet and sensitive to really become good friends with them. (My definition of cool kids were the punk/alternative crowd who had piercings and some tattoos and were a lot more adult than other people) I'm slowly shifting into that crowd now that I'm out of high school

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
No but maybe the 'cool' kids didn't know they were 'cool' because they were probably deeply insecure which manifested itself in trying ridiculously hard to be cool. No I was the one that couldn't catch or throw and just jabbed at the cool kids ankles in hockey because I hated them and had little chance of hitting the ball or their ankles.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Yeah all my friends were the coolest eva'.

Joking aside, I'm not sure if I was a 'cool kid'. I mean, I was friends with most of them, partied with them after school and such, I knew everyone and had a good easy going approachable vibe. I was friends with all types. Idk if I was truly a cool kid. When it came down to lunchroom hierarchy and where to sit, I sat with the metal heads/musicians/music lovers the most. And every once in awhile at the 'cool kids' table. Some of the cool kids were just dicks.....which I didn't want to bother getting to know....

·
Registered
751 Posts
I was pretty much a loser. In primary school I actively pushed people away, and in secondary school I just didn't make an effort with people until later on when everyone had already made friends. I was never really disliked, and one of my form tutors thought I was a key part of the class- I guess every class needs a loser?

Luckily I found some people in the year below who accepted me into their group and have made my life hundreds of times better since, but it was pretty strange graduating with people and feeling little attachment to any of them. I'm kinda damaged from this and I have trouble making an effort with new people nowadays.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
not a preppy kid, but I had my little group of friends that I hung out with all time. That was good enough for me

·
Registered
891 Posts
In high school I was a total loner. Things are better now in university.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Depends on what you mean by cool. Most people think they are cool while others will disagree with them on that :tongue: if you mean popular (which is not the same thing at all), no, I wasn't really noticed except when people wanted to mess with the quiet girl. which of course they did, especially *cough* boys.

I always had trouble making or keeping friends and I've never really known why. I mostly sat with/talked to the nerdy/punk kids and even they didn't really care about me. Even the loner kids had their own group and I didn't really.

I don't consider anyone or anything about high school to be cool anyway :kitteh:

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
not really, well i have to say that there are times where i feel people get *_* by my awesomenes but it just shines once a while and it becomes dark more than often.

·
Banned
462 Posts
There were three main groups when I was growing up (well, really two, and a non-group): super jocks, gang banger wannabes, and the outcasts. Super jocks were well liked by the teachers, got good grades, and played on sports teams. Gang banger wannabes were usually from the ghetto, and acted like it. The outcasts were not too well off nor dirt poor, and didn't really fit into either main group. I was the latter, but I'd actually have this weird balance of being popular at times with both groups and then being their worst enemy. I was apart even within the outcasts as I would oppose whomever I thought belittled me despite their reputation (that is when I wasn't crying in a corner lol). We all grew up to our respected conditioning from what I could tell afterwards.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
There were three main groups when I was growing up (well, really two, and a non-group): super jocks, gang banger wannabes, and the outcasts. Super jocks were well liked by the teachers, got good grades, and played on sports teams. Gang banger wannabes were usually from the ghetto, and acted like it. The outcasts were not too well off nor dirt poor, and didn't really fit into either main group. I was the latter, but I'd actually have this weird balance of being popular at times with both groups and then being their worst enemy. I was apart even within the outcasts as I would oppose whomever I thought belittled me despite their reputation (that is when I wasn't crying in a corner lol). We all grew up to our respected conditioning from what I could tell afterwards.
i always feel like that, like i'm not that outcast neither that popular

·
Registered
879 Posts
I was a bit of a wallflower in high school though wasn't really much of an outcast. I just didn't stick out anywhere. Might have I been considered "cool" or "interesting" among the artsy kids? Sure, but with anyone else, I don't know. I was just kinda "there."

I'm just fortunate this sort of hierarchy garbage went away in university.

Reactions: Queen Qualia
1 - 20 of 34 Posts