Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
I don't think I have a single favorite word, because I hate catchphrases. I've known quite a few people who had noticeable go-to words, and it always left a bad taste with me. I don't think it's because they chose the wrong words (although the girl who said "groovy" ten times a day could have made a better choice), but because any word will seem stale if overused.

My favorite words are creative variations built around a common theme. For example, a while ago I greeted a friend with "hey pigfucker" in public, and it pissed him off. Red face, "people can hear you!", it was awesome. I knew I was onto something, but I couldn't just call him "pigfucker" again, because that's old news. Instead, I made a list of alliterative pigfucker synonyms, like Swine Stuffer, Hog Humper and Pork Pumper. I think I had about ten in total. After a while, he'd be angry-laughing as soon as he saw me, before I even opened my mouth.

I think I was more proud of "Boar Booty Basher" than I was of graduating college.

·
Registered
31 Posts
In my native language, Polish I have several: 'kurwa' - it's just so... juicy and emotional, arguably the best curse in the world. Another one is 'ciepło' which means 'warmth' - it just sounds... warm, soft and cozy.
In English I like 'to flabbergast' and some other words I can't recall right now. I'm not a fan of English swear words tbh.

·
Registered
9,347 Posts
I've just been thinking...there is a lot of words. Some of which sound awesome. Mine is aphrodisiac...something that causes sexual desires.
Really.

It can be used on its own to mean anything in any way. Really? Really!

It's all in how you say it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hmmm I see an interesting pattern emerging here - do all ENTPs have an inbuilt love of swearing?

Personally I use the word 'fuck' liberally - I don't buy the old adage about how swearing is for those with limited vocabularies, it's a great word for adding stress to a sentence! I also use the word 'cunt' occasionally but tend to be far more tactful with who I use it around - for example I have a couple of friends who I will greet with 'awright cuntface' or 'how's it hanging cuntyballs' (these are expressions of affection I swear!), I also have other friends I would never dream of greeting them in such a way because they would interpret it in a way not intended. I also enjoy using expressions which have a degree of vulgarity attached to them - e.g. "I'm sweating like a whore in Game of Thrones".

Anyway... back to the original question... I wouldn't say I have a favourite word per se but I definitely have a tendency to use longer, more abstract words. Right now 'quintessential', 'incandescent' and 'intrinsically' seem to be featuring in my vocabulary perhaps more than they should. I also have a tendency to appropriate Marxist terminology and use these words outwith their original context - e.g. "I have a laissez-faire attitude towards brushing my teeth in the mornings".

1 - 20 of 62 Posts