Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Perusing the internet there are many things one can find and it's common for people to go and look to google to find the answer for all sorts of problems they have. Self-help information is something that seems to be really prevalent on the internet. The intriguing thing is that the focus of self-help generally seems to be stereo-typically three-like: focus lies on improving yourself, standing above competition and making sure one gets more efficient and effective in life.

So, my question is: Do you actually believe in the effectiveness of self-help? What do you like about self-help literature/websites in general? Do you feel self-help fits with your idea of Enneagram 3? Are there any potential problems you see relating to the idea behind self-help in general?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm an INFP Type 3 that really wants to focus on developing charisma, so I read a book by Olivia Fox Cabane.
I want to be a professor so I find it useful to read a book about how to give the best lectures.
As a three, I want to give the BEST lectures and just... be the best.

The popular kind of professor giving warmth and kindness as an INFP and being charismatic as a three.
I want students lining up asking me lots of questions and discuss intriguing ideas after lectures and during my office hours.

Self-help books are there for me to enhance and better myself. They are written by people that feel confident about what they're writing so I usually trust them... but first I need to read the reviews before I start reading them. :tongue:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts