Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious...
if you are younger than 25 - what would you tell yourself as 15-year-old?

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Choose another group for your bachelor thesis, the one you're just getting into will make your life miserable for the entire term.

·
Grumpy old bastard
10,085 Posts
You are doing great. Keep on truckin!

·
Spotlight March 2016
8,193 Posts
Dear Past Self,

Get treated for your ADHD. It's holding you back from success. Get off the computer. Eat healthy and exercise. I have attached healthy eating principles and a good work-out plan.

Be more disciplined. Work hard at school, and finish one thing so you can broaden your horizons properly. You know you like Biology. Hint, hint.

Sincerely,

Your Future Self

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Assuming things like the butterfly effect won't happen (and I still meet some key awesome people in my life), I'd say "go ahead and get divorced, you're wasting life. Start back at school now, you're wasting time. Begin seeking true connections with people; they do exist. And stop pretending to be an INTJ loser."

I think that would spark enough intrigue for me to go forth and prosper.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks! loved the answers

What if I'm under 15? :p
then your opinion doesn't matter :p
so, what would you tell your [your present age - 5 years]-year-old-self? (and make it a good one!

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
thanks! loved the answers

then your opinion doesn't matter :p
so, what would you tell your [your present age - 5 years]-year-old-self? (and make it a good one!
All of your friends are going to backstab you within a year because you're weird.

·
Grumpy old bastard
10,085 Posts
I've officially reached ultimate loser status with this post.

I really am about to go outside right now.
I'd tell the 30 year old me to grow up a bit and realize your actions and words are REALLY affecting and hurting those around you. Honesty is truly the best policy.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Dear 15 year old self
stop being such a pathetic little cunt and pull your shit together.

that's about it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Dear 15 year old self,

enjoy your sophomore year, and pay attention in school. By junior year you'll have all this work to do, some of your best friends will have graduated, and your sister will be a freshman there to make your life miserable.

·
Banned
450 Posts
I could think of a lot of things I'd like to tell my 24-year-old self, but I don't think he would listen. If I were to presume to be able to change anything I would refrain. I wouldn't change anything. All the experiences, both good and bad are the foundations of wisdom. I'll instead speak to myself in the moment reflecting on the past.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Dear 15 year old self,

Stop being a depressed little faggot, quit playing the victim, go out and realize you're not an introvert.

But still drop out of school and get your GED asap because fuuuuuck high school; college is way better :)

Oh and stick to learning guitar, don't do as many drugs, and get as far away from Emily as you can while you still can.

Much love,

Your 18-year old self.

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
I could think of a lot of things I'd like to tell my 24-year-old self, but I don't think he would listen. If I were to presume to be able to change anything I would refrain. I wouldn't change anything. All the experiences, both good and bad are the foundations of wisdom. I'll instead speak to myself in the moment reflecting on the past.
I'm with you. All experiences and mistakes make who you are, hopefully someone who has grown and learned from every experience. I wouldn't change them for the world.

·
Registered
105 Posts
"Don't get married. You'll be divorced before you know it. That girl is your best friend and not much more. keep it that way."

1 - 20 of 26 Posts