Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I keep taking the test over and over I got entp for the first time then again then I took it another day and I got enfj

·
Registered
186 Posts
Sarcasm's a 'egodeath', isn't it?

·
Registered
657 Posts
entps are more interested in being entertained an amused rather than having sympathy or helping people grow and become successful.

entps might be interested in helping if there is a possibility of them leaving some kind of indelible mark be remembered through out a long time, where they would be famous after death or monetary gain is to be had, not because they care deeply for the other person, unless they know the person intimately or are within the circle they associate with and that person does not annoy them much.

enfj takes interest in strangers or people outside their known circles and tend to have empathy and be sensitive to those who sit on the outskirts and go unnoticed.

lets make it simple... are you a prick? or a people pleaser?

first one is entp(forgive me) and second one is enfj

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well some people see me as a prick because when some1 betrays me I usually try to avoid em but I am very friendly and I like to make people laugh which I successfully do. But for some reason the intellectual type just see me as an asshole!

·
Registered
953 Posts
Read up on cognitive functions, specifically Ne and Fe. The one you feel relates to you more will tell you if you're ENTP or ENFJ.

MBTI tests are a start, but don't necessarily give you an accurate answer. It is best to have a complete understanding of the system and draw your conclusions from that.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Oh sorry, I think I was just a little confused when I wrote that, that's all. Before your spot-on clarification, I always thought the empathy I felt towards other people was genuine and not just for monetary gain or better social standing. I believe you though, I hear you INFP's are really good at understanding how people work.

·
Registered
186 Posts
entps are more interested in being entertained an amused rather than having sympathy or helping people grow and become successful.

entps might be interested in helping if there is a possibility of them leaving some kind of indelible mark be remembered through out a long time, where they would be famous after death or monetary gain is to be had, not because they care deeply for the other person, unless they know the person intimately or are within the circle they associate with and that person does not annoy them much.

enfj takes interest in strangers or people outside their known circles and tend to have empathy and be sensitive to those who sit on the outskirts and go unnoticed.

I think you are generalizing here. Sure, ENTP's tend to screw with people for their own amusement, but this does not mean it is out of hatred or demented sick need that completely obliterates any possibility for there existing sympathy. I mean, I could insult someone and realize after that it may not have been the most sensitive thing to say. I may not 'feel' emotionally bad about it, but I can see myself as being a jerk having said it - and do apologize when I know it was out of line (unless I don't know the guy from Adam, to which I typically don't care enough to apologize, but re-adjust my behavior).

·
Registered
6,146 Posts
allowing people to bask in your presence is not people pleasing.
By that logic, not allowing them is people pleasing.
Meaning we are actually people pleasers, as we please BAJILLIONS of people, by ignoring them wholeheartedly.

Back to your original topic though, are you really sure we (the people who teach you how to fish) are the pricks, or the "people pleasers" (people who give you a fish)? So, by that logic, neither is the same as your intended assumptions, but are the actual opposites.

Therefore entp = enfj = entp = enfj = entp = enfj ...

And so on.
And so forth.

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
Oh sorry, I think I was just a little confused when I wrote that, that's all. Before your spot-on clarification, I always thought the empathy I felt towards other people was genuine and not just for monetary gain or better social standing. I believe you though, I hear you INFP's are really good at understanding how people work.
What? How can a type have a monopoly on genuinely caring about other people. WTF?

ENTP's have feeling functions. We just aren't crying all the F ing time.

Thinkers care just as much as feelers, we just show it differently.
Example,
Me (ENTP) I have ten minutes to get to the airport. I'm driving 90 miles an hour and speaking very clearly.
INFP friend wails, yelling, screaming at the top of his lungs, "Oh my Gawd! We're all going to die! Oh my Gawd you're going so fast! Aaaaahhh!" etc. etc.

I ask you, how helpful is that commentary? Especially when it's coupled by the fact that he doesn't know how to read a map. How can anyone be helpful without a thinking function? You can't help anyone if you can't help yourself.

·
Registered
224 Posts

I disagree with this. We both have Fe. As a feeler, you might translate ENTP's as a prick, but it's not all about personal gain. I'm pretty good at noticing others and how I can help them grow. My INFP brother made the same mistake with me. He felt as if I was too harsh and unsympathetic, but it's just translated differently. Honesty can be kindness. A selfish ENTP might be a prick, but I'm known by many to be compassionate and offer a lot of kindness, it's just in the form of debating/sarcastically disarming their attacker so that they are defended. Logic isn't mean. It's many times kinder than feeling. There's a difference between offending and being offensive. Truth offends, being a prick is offensive.

Now on to you being an ENFJ or ENTP, I talked to an ENFJ today who said he thought we were a ton alike. We both analyze others. We both care about how others think of us. We both are deep. ENFJ's are deceptively logical. ENFJ's wish they were more spontaneous. This is where the confusion begins I believe.

Do you have to plan to be spontaneous? Many ENFJ's wish they were more spontaneous, but they have to plan to be that way. I.E. "Friday from noon to 5 I'm going to be spontaneous". ENTP's have to work hard to be more planned out. ENFJ's have to work hard to be more spontaneous.

ENTP's are unbiased. There are many times when a friend of mine will talk about a relationship problem and I will actually tell the guy that he's in the wrong. That from the logic of the issue, that friend could have done things better. ENFJ's will be more likely to side with their friend rather than logic.

ENTP's have Ne, vs the Ni ENFJ. ENFJ's are very deep, but their thought process is more like isolated islands of thought, rather than a giant trail of thoughts that could be traced back the the origin like the ENTP.

ENFJ's have to use effort to be controversial (it's usually because they have to use controversy to help communication). ENTP's have to use effort to be less controversial.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Ahh you just need to analyze your own behaviour and see which characteristics you share the most with.. then ENFJ or the ENTP.. This sort of question is only answerable by you at the end of the day.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts