What am I

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a great deal of research, I have arrived at the conclusion that I am either an ISTP or an INTP. ENTP is also a remote possibility. I have finally decided to resolve this confusion and find out for once and for all what my personality type really is.

0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.

CircunPolar Monegrillo.jpg | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I perceive an isolated small hill at the brink of destruction. The spiral thing looks formidable.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

Damned defective machines and their incompetent owners. I set out to seek temporary sanitary and entertainment in a roadside restaurant and observe the hills and the sky (for I assume that the car, in a cliche scenario, breaks down in the middle of a wasteland).

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

If I enjoyed the concert, I would be willing to spend a couple of hours in the party. If not, then the Internet has my immediate attention.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

I silently condemn the guy and recount all of his flaws and defects. Then I return to peacefully entertaining myself to the aesthetics of the world outside the windows.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

Nothing. I would fugaciously doubt my beliefs, then believe them, then redoubt them, later research them, and finally either abandon or confirm them.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

I really do not bother with values and whatnot. As long as what I'm accomplishing is beneficial and fruitful, or just plain entertaining, values be damned.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

I have no shortage of quirks and peculiar hobbies or interests. I'm predominantly quiet, introspective, pragmatic, deliberating, and evaluating. I have a habit of evaluating recent events that transpire in my wake. Indeed, a couple of days ago, I was profoundly evaluating the month of July and comparing the final result to that of the previous month, and so on. I even assign ratings to experiences and years. For instance, when asked about my current state of life, I would promptly say something like "Well, it's certainly better than 2010..."

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

Granted these hunches and gut feelings only occur to me when I'm in the process of making incidental decisions, I usually abide by them. While I also often conform to them when making major decisions (which I fortunately do not often do, given my indecisive nature), I would rather take time to consider them.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

a) Dunno, there are too many to consider b) Being order, commanded, or scolded; taking responsibilities.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?

I virtually repress everything, even when I don't need to. I guess I'm a natural introvert.

I understand that my answers are inadequate and brief. This is because I found the questions too abstract and open-ended. That's why, I implore you to present some exemplary or contextual questions.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I apologize for the double post, but I'm hellbent on discovering my personality type. I would prefer to answer circumstantial questions that pertain to reality. For instance, a question like 'What would you do if....." or "How do you..."

·
Registered
1,024 Posts

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
After a great deal of research, I have arrived at the conclusion that I am either an ISTP or an INTP. ENTP is also a remote possibility. I have finally decided to resolve this confusion and find out for once and for all what my personality type really is.

0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.

CircunPolar Monegrillo.jpg | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I perceive an isolated small hill at the brink of destruction. The spiral thing looks formidable.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

Damned defective machines and their incompetent owners. I set out to seek temporary sanitary and entertainment in a roadside restaurant and observe the hills and the sky (for I assume that the car, in a cliche scenario, breaks down in the middle of a wasteland).

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

If I enjoyed the concert, I would be willing to spend a couple of hours in the party. If not, then the Internet has my immediate attention.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

I silently condemn the guy and recount all of his flaws and defects. Then I return to peacefully entertaining myself to the aesthetics of the world outside the windows.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

Nothing. I would fugaciously doubt my beliefs, then believe them, then redoubt them, later research them, and finally either abandon or confirm them.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

I really do not bother with values and whatnot. As long as what I'm accomplishing is beneficial and fruitful, or just plain entertaining, values be damned.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

I have no shortage of quirks and peculiar hobbies or interests. I'm predominantly quiet, introspective, pragmatic, deliberating, and evaluating. I have a habit of evaluating recent events that transpire in my wake. Indeed, a couple of days ago, I was profoundly evaluating the month of July and comparing the final result to that of the previous month, and so on. I even assign ratings to experiences and years. For instance, when asked about my current state of life, I would promptly say something like "Well, it's certainly better than 2010..."

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

Granted these hunches and gut feelings only occur to me when I'm in the process of making incidental decisions, I usually abide by them. While I also often conform to them when making major decisions (which I fortunately do not often do, given my indecisive nature), I would rather take time to consider them.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

a) Dunno, there are too many to consider b) Being order, commanded, or scolded; taking responsibilities.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?

I virtually repress everything, even when I don't need to. I guess I'm a natural introvert.

I understand that my answers are inadequate and brief. This is because I found the questions too abstract and open-ended. That's why, I implore you to present some exemplary or contextual questions.
If you found the questions inadequate, come up with some of your own. The difference between INTP is Ne and Se. Basically, Ne immediately decontextualizes things so they can detect the form of an event. Se directly interacts with things to detect their form. Ne sees what is not, Se sees what is. Remember this is on the level of perception though, tbh it's kind of hard to directly look at whether you prefer Ne or Se. Take a look at your writing, any kind of work, or think about past conversations and determine what you were more naturally focused on... understanding for conceptualization or understanding for purpose of tools.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
I would prefer to answer circumstantial questions that pertain to reality. For instance, a question like 'What would you do if....." or "How do you..."
That in itself suggests you're a sensor. An INTP would have no trouble improvising from nothing.

Edit: Give some thought to INTJ as a second choice. It's not uncommon for ISTPs and INTJs to mistype as each other. They can appear quite similar on cursory inspection.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts