Personality Cafe banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a lot of ideas lately(see my other thread), and I've got them approved by my teachers, but somehow, every time I come up with a theory, there's an Eureka! moment followed by "Okay. I've done tis, but it's not that good. i need better". Due to this, I've never been able to publish any of my papers,even though my teachers tell me the ideas are great, and I should do so. I 'm always thinking, "No, its wrong". Any help here?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Yeah, grow up and follow through with your ideas. You will learn something, even if your theories are proven to be wrong.

The other option is just to do exactly what you are doing now, which is nothing.

·
Banned
5,168 Posts
Any help here?
Always strive to be correct, but you just need to accept the fact that you will, on occasion, be wrong. You've been wrong before, and you will be wrong again. This isn't a life-and-death situation, so being wrong won't kill you. Write your paper(s), and if you end up being proven wrong, so be it. No major breakthrough was ever made without mistakes coming before it. Learn from them and improve.

Reactions: ouchies

·
Registered
793 Posts
For every Eureka, you must fail another billion times. That is why Eureka! Is special. Follow through and something will come of it, even if only 10% is useful.

·
Banned
802 Posts
Sometimes we simply have to consult others to make sure everything is good enough. I know 2 INFJs I can trust with this. They will tell me honestly if something is off. After their investigation, I know it's ok. You are missing nothing. You are missing nothing. It's pretty typical I think. I think it's Ne(?). Why do u think we edit our posts so much and basically switch off for the moment of clicking Post? :tongue:
You will always want your ideas to be better :)

·
黐線 ~Chiseen~
5,241 Posts
You are missing an assistant. Your assistant should know what you're trying to do or where you're trying to get at, nearly all times.

Basically, you need a clone of yourself, a direct line to your past and future selfs, and/or a brain dump to a cloud consciousness.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts