Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello there. I've opened the Am I an INFP or an ENFJ thread, but right now I'm totally lost again. I could see myself as any N type, and my BPD doesn't help me. I decided to fill a questionnare.

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

I’m not sure if I’m an extravert or an introvert, a feeler or a thinker. I’d say introvert, because I don’t really like going out nowdays, but as we know, extravert can get energy from anything, it doesn’t have to be people. Although I usually feel comfortable alone in my room, talking to my friends on skype, playing games with them, I need people around me (I live with my family), and I also feel energized when I have to deal with/think about outside situations. I need to read the news everytime, think about it, or get inputs from books, movies and so on, while I live in my room.

I have a Borderline Personality Disorder, wich makes it really hard to control my emotions. I can be very depressed or agressive in a minute, I feel my emotions strangle me. I can’t chose my personality type, because of this, and it’s really hard for me to make decisions wich involve emotions. I go to therapy, but it can be years until I recover. Apart from these situations, I think I’m quite logical, and most of the time I get angry with people, when I think they aren’t. I think being illogical (as emotionally immature) can ruin your and others life. I really hate bullshiting.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

I want to have a job I can really enjoy while I earn enough money not to die in the streets. Something as parapsychology, physicist (I really love quantum physics theories), maybe a criminal psychologyst or a journalist, who have to put little pieces together, and think a lot. The other line is an artist. I have quite strange images and stories in my head. If I could earn enough money from my art, that would be heaven. The third thing is politics. Altough I’m not so into that, I’d really like to change a few things. I live in a country where democracy disappears slowly, women are repressed, children don’t get the kind of education they would need. I hate sexism, racism, idiotism, and I want to do something against it.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

Hard to tell. Maybe when I was a child, and I was lying on a bench, looking to the sky. I’d just read parapsychology books, and the atmosphere was mystical. It was before rain, which I love the most. Everything was grey, dark, smelled like rain. I felt I was connected to something, and was thinking about what if aliens existed. Or when I found the Elisa Lam case, and I was super excited. I spent my whole evening trying to analyze it, gathering informations, making theories.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

When I see people around me who can’t get out of their deep shit, and ruins everyone’s life with their idiot political choices. Most of these people are unintelligent, immature and selfish. Their eyes are dead. They only care about what kind of promises they get from parties about their money, they can’t see the big picture. It’s one thing they cant help themselves, but they have a bad effect on everything else too. They are the people who make children because they feel like shit. They know nothing about nurturing, and they live in an unhealthy, sad family model, wich would give the society more sad, unhealthy and stupid people.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

I usually try to decide based on logic, but I often consider the effect on others. It works hand in hand. When it’s about theoretical discussions with my friend, I often see potential in people, so I try to make a decisions that is both logical but often gives enough space to improve people.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

First of all, unless I have to work less, I don’t like working with others. I usually have rough sketch in my head before we start the work, and I don’ t like asking others if it’s good for them. Or go after them, and ask, how much work they did. It’s a pain in the ass. Yes, I like to have control of the outcome. When I do it alone, I have my sketch, and I try not to start working until I really have to. Then I make everything in a short period.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

I was a 8-10 years old child. I had my best friend, but we had a few other guys to hang out with. Homework was easy to do, I didn’t really care about it, I’ve never been a perfectionist. I had a lot of free time, I loved reading books, or meet with my best friend. I enjoyed big conversations with people, but sometimes I needed my space. I loved staying in the school after lunch (I had to, my parents only came for me at 5 pm), and play with other kids. Usualy I made little lectures about things like sex, or something else I found important (to adult also). I didn’t see what was wrong in my family, I just had a feeling something was wrong.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

If I’m interested, I want to gather as much information as possible. I can read whole day long about something. When I’m not interested, but I have to learn, I lie down with my book or laptop, and try to artificially get lost int he topic. Feel its taste, understand it. I really hate memorizing anything. I like to understand things in my own ways, so maybe I’ll see it a little bit different than others. This doesn’t mean it would be a wrong information.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

I hope this is not a J/P question, because then I totally disagree.
I’m not organized when I have to do something I don’t want to. I can’t force myself. On the other hand I have a picture in the morning, what I’m planning to do that they, or I think about when/where I can go shopping that day, or when can I eat, what should I do with my 45 minutes feetime etc. When I’ve got nothing to do, I can’t be „productive” (I think productivity isn’t about doing sg as going to work you hate, meeting with your family who you hate, buying groceries, wash the dishes etc. Productivity for me is about to evolve. In anything). I stay in my bed whole day, and read about new things, play games, watch movies (mostly art films), and analyze a lot.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

I’ll try to see the principles, and imagine how it would work. I will make scenarios in my head and try to use the idea on them. I’l try to find mistakes and loopholes.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

Oh, the Fe/Fi question. I don’t know. I need both, one doesn’t work without the other. Maybe the first is to make sure everyone’s doing fine.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

Aand I hope this is not an E/I question, because then I disagree again.
Think before speaking. I usualy have an instant plot in my head what would happen if I said something. It works. I like both interaction, if it’s interesting enough.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

I like to know where do I jump. Sometimes actions speak more, sometimes doesn’t.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

Maybe I’ll tell them to meet after the show. If I want to. If I don’t want to meet anyone, I’ll tell them.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

I tell pessimist things I don’t believe, and I’m agressive. Or I’m totally passive, and don’t care about anything or anyone.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

Hrm. I don’t like people who can’t talk about anything deep or complex, but only about their boss is an asshole, their husband is (insert here), where should I get the groceries, they made a really yummy pie on Sunday etc. I also hate any kind of chauvinism. People who only say „good day” to me (and don’t give a shit about others around me) because they think I’m sexy. Great, now I know you want to f*ck me. I hate anyone with dogmas stucked in their head.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

Yes, I like talking about spiritualism, the question of reality, solipsism, reincarnation, afterlife, any topics ot philosophy, morality, society, or any really bizarre theories. I can also like deep conversations about one’s emotional life. I like helping to others understand their feelings.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life?

What I should care about. Always what I should care about. Right now it’s university.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

They think I’m mature, intelligent and sensitive, weird, maybe incalculable, and sometimes creepy a little bit. They would never say I’m unintelligent or well-organized.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

Watching art films, reading books, thinking about anything, playing/talking with my friends. Meet my boyfriend, and spend some time with him. I also love to have a deep, creepy dream, and I can still feel it underneath my skin. I like writing down my dreams, and thinking about them, making theories what if they happened in a different dimension and so on.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Wouldn't it be creepy when I said, these answers basically describe me very well o_O except that I am a bit goofey. With that alone I can make conclusion but let's clarify:

Regarding point 1, I still believe this is still in the area of introverts based on what you wrote. Most of your activity involves only yourself as the center and at the point 6, you describe that you'd like it when you're doing it on your own. Just saying that Introverts can be outgoing, their flight times tho, would not be as long as an extrovert could have. Introvert needed fair amount of their own space. And..extroverts from what I observe around me cannot really stay all day to read. They occasionally will have a break outside.

I can take conclusion that you hold some kind of personal value, principle and Idealism in some lines. You mentioned that your emotions might strangle you as well. We can assume NF here.

I-N-F

At this point, since absurdly I have to admit that we're alike here (based on the entire post I read) I have to deliver news that I am actually in between INFP and INFJ borderline. And I can switch occasionally. These two types are the hardest to distinguish so far I read, despite them having different cognitive functions.

I'd still say your Ni is really strong here to call you an INFJ.However, There are some Fi in fair amount as well. Dare we say you might be in between these two, same as I.

And about being thinker, the F and T doesn't matter. Heck, it is not like feeler won't like to think :/ most of INFP and INFJ I know love to think about anything contemplative, pulling insights, being absent minded, discuss philoshopy, read, absorb and learn things in their musing. Same stuffs with other type you would call as a thinker. What different is, NF hold idealism and conclude what values should they take from what they have learned and proccessed. Later they will decide what to do with those values. This, is where INF (and probably ENF too) actually decide their J and P.

INFJ usually will plan and take action based on values and principles they extract from facts and informations. They feel the need to apply it like an INTJ need to apply theory to prove them useful.

INFP will wait till the last stand where they finally decide to take actions necessary based on their values. Because of this they are more flexible and supine.

I am not sure I can label you. I just try hard to clarify this for you..and my english is sucks plus my brain often scatter when I am writing. Hopefully I could be a little informative here, and finally you can decide your type. The conclusion is in no other but in your hand. Well, if I am wrong though, please correct me. We are all learning XD.

Regards.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your English is really good, so you have nothing to worry about.

What I don't get is the borderline INFJ-INFP. How could this work? It's not only one letter, as you've mentioned, but all the functions! Ni vs Ne, Fi vs Fe, Si vs Se, Ti vs Te. They don't have one single function in common. How would this borderline thing work?

About the INFP/INFJ style: I'm not sure. INFJs have a percieving dominant function, and INFPs a judging function. So... Why would an INFP not judge with a dominant Fi but wait? I'm not sure if they are so laid-back...

Also, what you've said about the emotional intensity... Don't forget I have a personality disorder. I can't cope with intense emotions, and I'm quite sensitive. I think this doesn't determine a Thinker or a Feeler.

I'm glad you wrote, and I'm very grateful. Thank you very much. :)

·
Registered
133 Posts
What I don't get is the borderline INFJ-INFP. How could this work? It's not only one letter, as you've mentioned, but all the functions! Ni vs Ne, Fi vs Fe, Si vs Se, Ti vs Te. They don't have one single function in common. How would this borderline thing work?
It's because there is not such a thing. INFPs and INFJs may appear somewhat alike, but their thinking processes are quite different.

About the INFP/INFJ style: I'm not sure. INFJs have a percieving dominant function, and INFPs a judging function. So... Why would an INFP not judge with a dominant Fi but wait? I'm not sure if they are so laid-back...
Because the INFP has an *introverted* judging function. OFC not all of them are sweet, but their resistance is usually quieter than that of strong Je users. [And not all of *us* are as bossy as one might think, either.]

Fi is about staying true to ones own values; it's also more likely to respect others as they are, seeing them as individuals.
Fe would rather achieve consensus than stay true to its values. It wants people to form a group [and sees them as such] more easily.
Fi reveals itself only when necessary / when an important value is harmed / with a trusted friend.
Fe is all about expressing and noticing expressed feelings.
Fi recognizes anyone that has similar values and wants to connect with them, and with them only.
Fe reacts to everyone. Mostly it wants to make others feel good.
Fi is more passive-aggressive.
Fe can feel like a slap in the face - there's no need for guessing what it wants to say (exept with very modest or shy people).

Ni loves to explore an idea thorough. Likelihoods.
Ne is scatter-brained, unable to focus but seeing all the possibilities as they emerge.
Ni foresees a path and a trend. Connecting the dots.
Ne sees all the paths and guesses even more but doesn't want to choose just one.
Ni loves monologues; ideas emerge from within.
Ne loves to get ideas from others [outside source].
Ni works in tandem with Se.
Ne works in tandem with Si.

(Ne - quirky, out of the box, very associative thinking
Ni - deep, accurate, puzzling....)

...I'd see you as an INFP if I had to chose from these two.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's because there is not such a thing. INFPs and INFJs may appear somewhat alike, but their thinking processes are quite different.

Because the INFP has an *introverted* judging function. OFC not all of them are sweet, but their resistance is usually quieter than that of strong Je users. [And not all of *us* are as bossy as one might think, either.]

Fi is about staying true to ones own values; it's also more likely to respect others as they are, seeing them as individuals.
Fe would rather achieve consensus than stay true to its values. It wants people to form a group [and sees them as such] more easily.
Fi reveals itself only when necessary / when an important value is harmed / with a trusted friend.
Fe is all about expressing and noticing expressed feelings.
Fi recognizes anyone that has similar values and wants to connect with them, and with them only.
Fe reacts to everyone. Mostly it wants to make others feel good.
Fi is more passive-aggressive.
Fe can feel like a slap in the face - there's no need for guessing what it wants to say (exept with very modest or shy people).

Ni loves to explore an idea thorough. Likelihoods.
Ne is scatter-brained, unable to focus but seeing all the possibilities as they emerge.
Ni foresees a path and a trend. Connecting the dots.
Ne sees all the paths and guesses even more but doesn't want to choose just one.
Ni loves monologues; ideas emerge from within.
Ne loves to get ideas from others [outside source].
Ni works in tandem with Se.
Ne works in tandem with Si.

(Ne - quirky, out of the box, very associative thinking
Ni - deep, accurate, puzzling....)

...I'd see you as an INFP if I had to chose from these two.
Thank you, these Fe/Fi and Ne/Ni things are really practical! Also thank you for your guess.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay, I did a function test. Although I think it doesn't work so well (I have here extremely high Si, but it's not because I use that function as much, it's because I'm so sure about using this function). Anyway, here are the results.

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ******************* (19.4)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) ********************************** (34.7)
good use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************************* (31.9)
good use

introverted Intuiting (Ni) ****************************************** (42.8)
excellent use

extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************** (26.8)
average use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************* (25.6)
average use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ******************************* (31.7)
good use

introverted Feeling (Fi) *************************** (27.7)
average use
Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INFJ

Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Intuiting (Ni): Transforming with a meta-perspective. Withdrawing from the world and focusing your mind to receive an insight or realization. Checking if synergy results. Trying out a realization to transform things.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Extraverted Feeling (Fe): Building trust through giving relationships. Empathically responding to others' needs and take on their needs and values as your own. Checking for respect and trust. Giving and receiving support to grow closer to people.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENFJ, or INTJ

1 - 8 of 8 Posts