Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah... i need some help. see If any of you have heard of IMVU, then most likely you know of RP relationships... well ive been in one with someone for roughly a year and a half... well the thing is that she's an INTJ, or at least i think she is... so IK how they tend to be with relationships n so on.. Well the thing is.. I've been wanting to take this IRL from the start. but so far i've had no luck.. She says that she's not ready for anything IRL yet, but she's also made it obvious at times that she wants me IRL as well... But every time i bring up the subject, she replies with "Don't force me into anything". and i'm not trying too, but it hurts to be stuck in this limbo... So could anyone help a lonely and slightly confused INTP out?

Reactions: ShyEclipse12

·
Registered
ISFJ
5,197 Posts
well, what can you do? nothing but respect her wishes unless you want to be pushy and possibly turn her off completely. can you just enjoy her company the way it's been and not expect anymore? buddhism says expectation is the source of suffering, get rid of this IRL expectation and you will no longer suffer. just be happy with what you have rather than what you think is missing?

·
exploring space
ENFP
9,469 Posts
Are you fully RPing or talking in general about yourselves etc?
Some people are not looking for IRL relationships when they RP they just want that experience. I'm not sure there's much sense in pushing her if she doesn't want to. Maybe you can shift the discussions a bit to talk more about your lives if you don't do that but otherwise I'm not sure there's much you can do.

·
Registered
6,010 Posts
Yeah... i need some help. see If any of you have heard of IMVU, then most likely you know of RP relationships... well ive been in one with someone for roughly a year and a half... well the thing is that she's an INTJ, or at least i think she is... so IK how they tend to be with relationships n so on.. Well the thing is.. I've been wanting to take this IRL from the start. but so far i've had no luck.. She says that she's not ready for anything IRL yet, but she's also made it obvious at times that she wants me IRL as well... But every time i bring up the subject, she replies with "Don't force me into anything". and i'm not trying too, but it hurts to be stuck in this limbo... So could anyone help a lonely and slightly confused INTP out?
You're supposed to continue with your life as if nothing happened.

·
Registered
44 Posts
id confirm they are who they say they are by having them take a selfie with a post it note that reads something very specific =o it seems like theyre leaving a real relationship suspended in the air so that they could ghost from you at anytime and that doesnt seem that good. If they truely want to be in a real life in person or even long distance relationship with you where you see them as they are rather than a character behind a screen, than they should understand if you double down on that suggestion. Personally Id leave, having been in a lot of online relationships like yours before o3o if they cant show themselves to you and commit after a more than a year, find someone else.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts