Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if this has been asked before or not, but I can't find it anywhere. What animal most resembles an INFJ? I know this is a bit more abstract, as animals have their own personalities, and some of the traits are hard to really tell in an animal, but be creative. I am going to diverge from my belief that the OP should start the discussion off with their own opinion first because I really can't think of anything off the top of my head.

Though I feel that something like an Eagle would most resemble an INTJ.

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
It depends on Enneagram types as well. Not all INFJs "are" the same animal for that - and probably other - reason/s.

Reactions: Geoffrey

·
Fu Dominant
10,720 Posts
Hmm. A domestic house cat. Independent but introverted. Loves you openly, quietly, when they feel like it and/or when you genuinely call them over. There for you when you need them, though not always when you "want" them. Protective of their home turf, even against the bigger neighborhood dogs. Going to check on the neighbors now and then, making sure the community is doing well. Slowly taking over the world through their subtle domination. Etc, etc. :proud:

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
We can be many animals. It depends how u catch us. We could be sweet and cute like a bunny. We can be aggressive like a tiger when protecting , we can be hiding like a snail if among new ppl or playful like a dolphin at times. I guess it varies .

·
Spotlight March 2016
8,193 Posts
A sloth.

And I don't mean that in a bad way, or in the other meaning of the word. Literally. A sloth. They're cute, sweet, they like things nice and easy, slow and concrete. They like food. And uhm.. They climb.

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
A sloth.

And I don't mean that in a bad way, or in the other meaning of the word. Literally. A sloth. They're cute, sweet, they like things nice and easy, slow and concrete. They like food. And uhm.. They climb.
Maybe INFJ 9s... not the others. :tongue:

·
Registered
529 Posts
I don't know if this has been asked before or not, but I can't find it anywhere. What animal most resembles an INFJ? I know this is a bit more abstract, as animals have their own personalities, and some of the traits are hard to really tell in an animal, but be creative. I am going to diverge from my belief that the OP should start the discussion off with their own opinion first because I really can't think of anything off the top of my head.

Though I feel that something like an Eagle would most resemble an INTJ.
Ahh, we "meet" again F.T.I :happy:. I've considered posing this question too.

For me I've always been drawn to Dolphins. Considering I'm not much a water sport person (i.e. swimming is NOT fun for me), I've always found this attraction curious. I also feel like I identify with Labs and St Bernards too... but I honestly have no idea whether those animals correlate to anything INFJ at all.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
I choose tiger, they are pretty mysterious and contradictionary. When angry we can be pretty ferocious, never turn your back on a tiger. They are beautiful and majestic but are largely endangered by the selfishness of mankind they tend to be hunted down for sport or just for their God given attributes. They are passionate animals and can see through you. They are a contradiction one moment they can be fierce and fearless then calm and emotional. The tiger according to the Chinese zodiac "People of the tiger never back down from a challenge when it comes to protecting family or loved ones. Appearing calm, like real tigers, they can pounce at a moment’s notice, leaving little room for underestimation." My husband has told me I am like a tiger (and no not in the perverted way you are thinking). They are also solitary animals who enact on their plans when they feel like it. They are pretty stubborn and don't like being told what to do, good luck to those who mock a tiger. Oh and they like naps :)

(Oh my Chinese zodiac sign is a sheep btw Lol).

·
Registered
507 Posts
Okay, this coming from an animal loving dog-nutty geek who knows about all the breeds of dogs (or at least around 400 of them) I want to use that knowledge I've got of the breeds and go with a dog BREED on this one. :p

I would say Canaan dog. :D They're among the rarest breeds and one of the few that have been bred selectively.

The temperament of a canaan dog contains a strong survival instinct, intelligent, easily bored with repetitive exercises (and ignoring command if they disagree or find something of more interest), loyal, protective, and though wary of strangers and naturally aloof and reserved with them, bonding deeply with their family.

(Also, I just really like the breed's primitive wildness and independence, and even the difficult bits of their temperament like reserve around strangers. :p)

http://www.breederretriever.com/photopost/data/611/medium/canaan.jpg

·
Banned
2,873 Posts
My cat BC, RIP, took on my personality. Cats are like that - and for good reason they were thought to be witches's familiars -
BC was loving, sensitive, easily hurt, ever loyal. He was a better person than I am.

Missy, my big ol' shelter pup, German shepard with a little hound dog, loyal, protective, comforting - I believe our animal companions take on our personalities - and i believe that dogs, having had so long an association with people, have developed insight, maybe ESP - a hand gesture, and Missy complies without training -but only for me. All the good traits I have, she has adopted.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Dolphins are ENFJs. I got to play with one in Mexico. I was walking around a marina and a leaf came flying out of the water. This dolphin flung it up out of the water to me. I spent the next hour or so throwing it back and forth. One of the most amazing experiences of my life.

Cats are ISFJs.

Dogs, I guess it would depend on the breed. SJ like though.

Owls are Ti Doms.

Sloth is a INFP. Fi Dom for sure.

INFJs... I'd say the Sea Turtle. Not much is known about them. When you think they are swimming around munching on sea grass all day you find out they actually eat jellyfish too. They bare great burdens swimming long distances in shark infested waters to mate. Tough outer shell and unlike other turtles they don't have the benifit of hiding in them completely. Plus, just look at how cute they are!... in an akward clumsy sorta way...

30 Stunning Pictures Of Sea Turtles

·
Registered
624 Posts
My "avatar" in the forest would probably be a bear of some sorts. Shocking I know! :shocked:
They loaf around in the forest looking lost. Basically me. :laughing:
Clarification: I loaf around. I look like I have a purpose for every step I take. But I feel lost. :tongue:

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Or a swan? They aren't what they seem...

(my mother was attacked by a swan when she was little...true story. I don't remember how she provoked it, I think she just wanted to touch it because it was pretty.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts