Personality Cafe banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
May I stress this is a question purely for the ESTJs. I'm aware there are only a few of you who bother to check this forum from time to time, so your answers alone will have to suffice.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Some things that annoys me are people who just do as they're told without thinking, or worse, just following the crowd, and not reflecting over what they're doing. People who does something or buys something just because it's fashionable. People who sees everything as black and white, and can't see the different perspectives of things.

Some things I like is when people are spontanious, fun to be with, interesting to talk to (prefarebly enjoying things like politics, typeology/psychology). Functionwhise, I love people with strong Ne. People who takes the responsibility they have, and who actually do what they say.

Reactions: Curious Raspberry

·
Registered
593 Posts
Annoy: those who don't question authority, those who roll over on their values, those who roll over period, people with no loyalty, no spine. People who are generally careless. People who don't look before they make a right hand turn on a red light and almost run me the fuck over... generally people who can't be assed to pay attention to rules that actually prevent them from seriously harming another human being. People who drink and drive. People who are self-entitled. People who complain too much or all the time. People who talk shit about others, particularly those that trust them/like them. People who are flighty and inconsistent.

Like: people who are straight-up, readable, honest, dependable and uncomplicated. I like people who can dig low-maintenance relationships (ie. not talking for periods of time) because I get busy and I don't like maintaining those kinds of things (that's probably more SO-last than ESTJ though...). I like people who are passionate about something, anything, and people who work to better themselves. People who have no skills, no hobbies, no favourites.... no drive to be better... super boring. My partner is an ESFP and most of my friends are S types though two of my very closest, oldest friends are INTJs.

ETA: One of the most annoying things in my life right now is people who think because I have an assertive personality, they can sit back and be told what to do during any collaborative work. Holy SHIT I hate it so much. Bring your ideas to the table, let's discuss them and make a decision on who does what TOGETHER. I hate, hate, hate people who just sit there all doe-eyed and wait to be assigned to something.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have to say, I found these answers a little more encouraging than the equivalent I got from the INFP section.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I have to say, I found these answers a little more encouraging than the equivalent I got from the INFP section.
Why so?
(there's a lot more than what I said, I tried to shorten it down). I agree with @heaphestia though.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Why so?
(there's a lot more than what I said, I tried to shorten it down). I agree with @heaphestia though.
I recently made a similar thread in the INFP section. Read it and draw your own conclusion.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
It's interesting how many of the INFP ones I totally agree with and how many are like.... Are you for fucking real? Have you met another human being or do you just judge them from the comfort of your Facebook profile? Might as well just add 'I am annoyed by the human nature and also people who breathe' to some of those lists...

·
Registered
617 Posts
Annoy: those who don't question authority, those who roll over on their values, those who roll over period, people with no loyalty, no spine. People who are generally careless. People who don't look before they make a right hand turn on a red light and almost run me the fuck over... generally people who can't be assed to pay attention to rules that actually prevent them from seriously harming another human being. People who drink and drive. People who are self-entitled. People who complain too much or all the time. People who talk shit about others, particularly those that trust them/like them. People who are flighty and inconsistent.

Like: people who are straight-up, readable, honest, dependable and uncomplicated. I like people who can dig low-maintenance relationships (ie. not talking for periods of time) because I get busy and I don't like maintaining those kinds of things (that's probably more SO-last than ESTJ though...). I like people who are passionate about something, anything, and people who work to better themselves. People who have no skills, no hobbies, no favourites.... no drive to be better... super boring. My partner is an ESFP and most of my friends are S types though two of my very closest, oldest friends are INTJs.

ETA: One of the most annoying things in my life right now is people who think because I have an assertive personality, they can sit back and be told what to do during any collaborative work. Holy SHIT I hate it so much. Bring your ideas to the table, let's discuss them and make a decision on who does what TOGETHER. I hate, hate, hate people who just sit there all doe-eyed and wait to be assigned to something.
May I ask, what are your friendships like with your specific INTJs, such as the pros & cons, any significant characteristics that distinguish them from previous friendships, and form of communication and conversational topics?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Like:
-intelligence: this is huge for me. I'm a programmer. I interact with those types of people more than basically anyone else. And I love it. I love the minds that analyze and see things and fix things. I also love the people that have an educated opinion and are not afraid to share it (different than shoving it in people's faces). It's an incredibly attractive quality.
-humor: please please please don't be dead serious all the time. I especially love sarcasm. If you know how to use sarcasm, we can be friends.

Annoy:
-sensitive: I am not a sensitive person. I don't try to be mean, but I don't like feeling like I have to walk on eggshells around you. please don't make me. I will inevitably end up putting my foot in my mouth and that's just awkward.
-clingy: If you're the type of person that will get upset at me and/or hurt if I don't respond to your texts immediately... just... no. stop. I will not be guilt-tripped into responding to you faster. You will only push me away further the more you do that.

I'm sure there are other things in both categories, but those were the ones that first came to mind.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Like:

Responsible, intelligent, a commanding presence, competence, assertive, adventurous spirit and a zest for life and learning

Annoy:

doormat, whiners, martyrs, drug addicts, people who waste my time, people who are unproductive members of society (who have the physical and mental capability but choose not to) and passive aggressiveness.

·
Registered
452 Posts
May I stress this is a question purely for the ESTJs. I'm aware there are only a few of you who bother to check this forum from time to time, so your answers alone will have to suffice.
Like: Working hard for a cause bigger than oneself, taking responsibility, striving for excellence, honesty, humility, frugality.

Annoy: People with no sense of responsibility, selfishness, pride, hubris, high maintanence, wastefulness. Breaking one's promise.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I like people who are intelligent, who can hold their own in conversation, who are infinitely curious and not afraid to ask questions. Humor is a big plus for me, I am fairly sarcastic myself, and I mesh well with others that are. Who annoys me? Excuse makers, point the finger at everyone else for your problems and act like you're not accountable (I have a few of these in my family and it bugs the ever-loving SHIT out of me). People who are dependent on others. That doesn't mean people who are social or who are extroverted and get their energy from being around people. I'm talking about people who aren't comfortable in their own skin, and always feel the need to get others opinion's, who have no brain to think for themselves or no spine to stand up for themselves.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts