Personality Cafe banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
  • On that same topic, my attention span is horrible with most people. Usually I don't give a shit what others have to say because it's boring and the ideas in my head are more interesting that what they have to say.
This is so true. For me I like to say that 95-97% of the people around me aren't worth talking to for more than five minutes at a time. There are huge glaring exceptions, but on the whole, the things going on in my head are so much more interesting than other people.

·
Registered
226 Posts
There's a lot of truth to this, but I would also add witnessing social embarrassment in others. There's this really weird ENTP chick who cannot fit in with anyone to save her own life in one of my classes and she routinely makes the class uncomfortable with her overshares. A few weeks ago, right in the middle of lecture, she started singing "Something There" from Beauty and the Beast (in a serious way, not a I'm-shitty-and-I-know-it sort of way. She thought that she was quite talented and it was heinous) and I just felt my whole face contort in disgust while I pointedly made an effort not to look at her, hoping that no one noticed how desperately uncomfortable it made me. The desecration of logic and also blatant violation of the superficial social codes that we adhere to in order to 'appear' normal.
It always seems to be INTPs that set this off with me. Watching the INTP girl from choir awkwardly try to interact with ESFPs and ESFJs that are too nice to be mean to her, but actually can't stand her and wish that that she'd just have the decency to die. Or the INTP in one of my classes who will talk loudly, in front of her peers about how much of a nerd she is, with <i>pride.</i>

I'm a nerd too, but why does anyone else need to know that? Or in fact, why do they need to know anything about me? Both girls share way too much. It makes me cringe.

·
Registered
5,271 Posts
hot slammit INTJ's, it seems it would be really difficult for an ENFP to meet a INTJ. But i think I have one that has liked me for years, she shows some of the signs everyone stated about but she is an artist. Is that possible for INTJ not to say you ladies aren't creative I just haven't heard of that in INTJ types
Yes it's possible. I think I am creative enough but not VERY creative. I do paintings and writings. Creativity is somethings that INTJs also possess because of the capacity to do "original work" in which no one else has done before.

·
Registered
5,271 Posts
I am an INTJ and an artist as well (well, not professionally, but whatever). I am also into music, I sing in a choir, and enjoy creative writing (I have a minor in English!). I think being creative is part of being an Intuitive, so it's a good sign if she is! Creativity is one of my highest values, after all. :)

Anyway, I'll give you a hint about INTJ women. They're CHAMELEONS. You probably won't be able to pick one out in a crowd, so don't expect love at first sight. You'll probably have to get to know an INTJ really well before you can know for sure. That being said, I'll give you a few tips anyway. ;)

-She might initially appear extremely friendly, outgoing, and talkative yet mysteriously doesn't seem to have many friends
-Spends a lot of time by herself but doesn't seem to care
-She will be very opinionated, but will always have a reason to back her claim up.
-Appears very bored/uncomfortable as soon as people start discussing emotions, "touchy-feely" things, but will suddenly become very animated and talkative when something more interesting pops up, like physics for example. ;)
-Appears to enjoy sarcasm
-May be friendly to you but will maintain emotional distance from you a lot longer than may be "normal"
-Will argue about things you may not think are important, but never seems that upset by it
-Probably spends a lot of her time studying/working
-She will know a lot about specific subjects. Ask her about something she's interested in and she might ramble on for hours!

It's probably not a good idea to look at appearance or even hobbies. People differ tremendously on these things and it can vary even within types. I, for one, dress very well and would probably not be described as Introverted or even Thinking by most of my peers. You need to get to know an INTJ fairly well before she will reveal her true self to you.

Happy hunting!
This is so very true of me, especially the bold ones!

Reactions: sanari

·
Registered
83 Posts
hot slammit INTJ's, it seems it would be really difficult for an ENFP to meet a INTJ. But i think I have one that has liked me for years, she shows some of the signs everyone stated about but she is an artist. Is that possible for INTJ not to say you ladies aren't creative I just haven't heard of that in INTJ types
I'm an INTJ musician (pianist). Believe it or not, the arts fit really well with my personality. I can spend hours alone in a practice room, and when I'm in a crowd I'm still inside my head, visualizing, creating, planning, ect.

·
Administrator
INTJ - ILI - 8w9 - Libtard
22,564 Posts
I'm pretty sure I'd be ignoring you. If it were a vocation I'd be top of my field. Basically you have to dangle your bits before I get a clue that you're interested, yet I do have a keen sense when someone digs another person.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Check out this thread: [URL]http://personalitycafe.com/intj-forum-scientists/123016-art-life-intj.html
[/URL]
Also, I'm reading Psychological Types right now, and I was pleasantly surprised to see that Jung actually speaks to the artistic side of the INTJ/INFJ.

CG Jung said:
The peculiar nature of introverted intuition, if it gains the ascendency, produces a peculiar type of man: the mystical dreamer and seer on the one hand, the artist and crank on the other. The artist might be regarded as the normal representative of this type, which tends to confine itself to the perceptive character of intuition. As a rule, the intuitive stops at perception; perception is his main problem, and - in the case of a creative artist - the shaping of his perception.
Creativity is absolutely at the core of the INTJ. Our artworks tend to be very designed and methodical, because we're fashioning something from an all-consuming fixation on a perception. We sometimes might struggle with the concrete, mechanical aspects of art, but once we've mastered those, INTJ art can be very unique and powerful.

·
Registered
11,622 Posts
I sure did sanari and she came out to be entp, i think i miss read the heck out of that one...well i'm going to still hang with her but the search still continues. I think i might have seen a INTJ girl working at microcenter :)
Why work so hard to locate a specific type? Are you playing some kind of 'collect them all' game?

Reactions: beth x

·
Registered
484 Posts
I don't think my INTJ-ness is obviously apparent until you've been around me for quite a while.
To most, I think I come across as an INFJ/ENFJ. I put on a pretty kind front and tend to fake emotions (basically, imitating the girls around me... I'm uncomfortable showing my true personality much of the time). Once in a while, the sarcasm slips out though--which surprises most.

Anyway. I digress. Things people have pointed out about me that seem very INTJ...

* I'm apparently "scary" or "intimidating"--allegedly because of my intelligence, but more likely because beneath my gotta-fake-it-to-get-by warm(ish) exterior, I am cold and calculating.

* I've got, in the words of one friend, "the driest sense of humor EVER."

At parties (the few I go to, haha) I'm usually off in a corner talking to a small group (~3).

* If I'm excited about something, it's probably an obscure theory or something no one has heard of.

* SARCASM.

* Bored easily.

* I abhor small talk, and only ask questions if I really want to hear the answer.

·
Registered
11,622 Posts
I want to know if i have ever randomly come across her and had no idea.
She's most probably smarter than you. And doesn't care if you know it either.

Okay, that's my snarky/impatient side fed. In other news, I am genuinely blank as to why you'd be so set on tracking one of us down. We're not wildebeest, y'know. And psychological tourism seems a bit flaky to me as a method for going through life. If I still sound snarky, it's probably because I get a bit tired of people imagining they can hack it in the world we live in, and dropping us cold/kicking holes in the psychological walls when they find out they can't. We're not on the planet just to entertain the rest of the world.

INTJ women are either right out-there and blunt with their failure to go along with the mainstream thought, or they're deathly quiet about it. So you might meet an INTJ and mistake her for an INFP, just because she's being so careful to stay off the radar with you. The difference is invisible, but critical: INTJ doesn't want the hassle of disputing with you, whereas INFP might be genuinely unwilling to challenge/embarrass you. Never attribute empathy to an INTJ woman without making sure that she feels empathy.

Yes, there are artistic INTJs. There are lawyer FPs. Every accountant I've ever met looked like some kind of IS type to me, as far (not at all) as I understand other types.

If a woman appears not to be paying any attention at all, but when challenged she comes up with some straight-through-the-bullshit reply that either turns the debate on its head or renders the past 30 minutes' yap redundant, chances are she's one of us.

If she comes off adversarial by comparison with other women, but only gets actually agitated if you cop an attitude in response - INTJ. Difference from other types who also 'like arguing' - INTJ is not in it for the emotional drama of it. They're disappointed when people refuse to 'play' mentally, not emotionally. As a matter of fact, INTJ people rarely argue just for the sake of stirring up folks' emotional mud. Unless their mental age is still 6.

If she looks you in the eye and expects to be spoken to like a human, the chance is quite good.

·
Registered
56 Posts
From my experience, they're different. Often people say to me "I've never met anyone... like... you... before, you're umm, different" so perhaps think back to the last time you met a girl and didn't know what to make of her, she was probably an INTJ, then again, maybe it's the ones who haven't really adapted to society yet, I struggled, to most people I'm normalish, but to those who know me, I'm like nothing else.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Some tend to be a bit ice queen-ish, without intending to do so. Our self-confidence doesn't always come off as arrogance.

Another good way, is to ask a question where the INTJ girl has to struggle between speaking her mind, and being politically correct. While I'm deadly honest, and a bit brash when I converse with my friends, I tend to be more polite with people who are not my friends.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I enjoyed this thread hugely, not least because I've never seen such a gathering of fellow INTJ women IN ONE PLACE. It's like I've come home.

I can't really talk about dead giveaways re INTJ women because I only know one (me), but I second pretty much everything everyone else has said. By and large, we tend to be socially unappealing for the impatient, because we look bored and standoffish. How bored and unappealing we look will vary depending on how willing we are to adjust to the social situation around us. For example, I'm a journalist, so if I'm interviewing someone, I will put on a much friendlier persona to make them feel more relaxed.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm very into the arts. Sculpture, traditional media on canvas, woodworking.

Everything everyone said here is very valid to my experience. My typical behavior in public [due to the strictures placed on females in general, and to make people more comfortable] is INFx.

I would suggest asking her her thoughts on how something might develop or end. If she shares some "whoa!" thoughts, then you might have an INTJ.

Or maybe you could tell her your thoughts on MBTI and ask her to take the test. :) I'm sure she won't say no. :)
In public I come across as an extroverted istp. And actually, INTJs are welllnown for our creativity due to the fact that we're extremely imaginative and closers. I myself am a writer, and my brother (also an intj) is a film director.

·
Registered
54 Posts
She's most probably smarter than you. And doesn't care if you know it either.

Okay, that's my snarky/impatient side fed. In other news, I am genuinely blank as to why you'd be so set on tracking one of us down. We're not wildebeest, y'know. And psychological tourism seems a bit flaky to me as a method for going through life. If I still sound snarky, it's probably because I get a bit tired of people imagining they can hack it in the world we live in, and dropping us cold/kicking holes in the psychological walls when they find out they can't. We're not on the planet just to entertain the rest of the world.

INTJ women are either right out-there and blunt with their failure to go along with the mainstream thought, or they're deathly quiet about it. So you might meet an INTJ and mistake her for an INFP, just because she's being so careful to stay off the radar with you. The difference is invisible, but critical: INTJ doesn't want the hassle of disputing with you, whereas INFP might be genuinely unwilling to challenge/embarrass you. Never attribute empathy to an INTJ woman without making sure that she feels empathy.

Yes, there are artistic INTJs. There are lawyer FPs. Every accountant I've ever met looked like some kind of IS type to me, as far (not at all) as I understand other types.

If a woman appears not to be paying any attention at all, but when challenged she comes up with some straight-through-the-bullshit reply that either turns the debate on its head or renders the past 30 minutes' yap redundant, chances are she's one of us.

If she comes off adversarial by comparison with other women, but only gets actually agitated if you cop an attitude in response - INTJ. Difference from other types who also 'like arguing' - INTJ is not in it for the emotional drama of it. They're disappointed when people refuse to 'play' mentally, not emotionally. As a matter of fact, INTJ people rarely argue just for the sake of stirring up folks' emotional mud. Unless their mental age is still 6.

If she looks you in the eye and expects to be spoken to like a human, the chance is quite good.
Omg what i've emboldened describes so much of my problems w people, especially this entp i was seeing awhile ago. He had been the highschool debate captain and turned everything into a challenge @ me, not for debating, but for authority. It pissed me the fuck off and was a large contributor to why i dumped him.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm really good at spotting male INTJs....I think I could pick them from a crowd based on nothing but facial expression, body language, and gestures. Weirdly enough, though, I have difficulty finding females. Then again, that could be because female INTJs are the rarer side of an already rare type... I do have an INTJ sister-in-law, but I would have thought she was an F if I hadn't had her take the test. F is perceived as more feminine...and T as masculine, so F guys and T girls usually have to do some measure of camouflage to survive their teens and possibly home life.
Tru

·
Registered
54 Posts
To be fair, in certain circumstances where i feel comfortable and the mood strikes me, it's not so much that i don't want to express or share my feelings so much as i don't want to have a fucking shallow conversation about emotions and what everyone's feeling. It's the lack of depth that pisses me off and makes me feel uncomfortable/ a fraud.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Tends to have what many call pessimistic, but we INTJs call realistic, attitude on life and humans.
And yet, tends to be one of the most idealistic people you've ever met.
Tends to be fairly unexpressive (whoever told me in elementary school that smiling takes fewer muscles than frowning I am compelled to call a liar).
Tends to have strong opinions on most subjects, even those they may not be super well-versed in, but will be blunt about their lack of knowledge in whichever areas.
Tends to come off as argumentative when discussing controversial topics in which said INTJ has strong opinions on, but to INTJ, it is really just productive discussion.
Tends to come off as pig-headed until presented with logic/evidence that persuade INTJ that their opinion may need to be adjusted.
Tends to have many ideas on how to make things better, but may often not actually do anything to realize these ideas.
Tends to avoid superfluous interaction with others.
Tends to have a sarcastic/sharp tongue.

Reactions: Eppi and Asity
41 - 60 of 60 Posts