Personality Cafe banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5,325 Posts
i think this is probably the biggest conflict in me, F vs T. Fi operates in notions and feelings, it doesn't need any conscious use it pretty much just reacts to things however it's going to react, although sometimes Fi might react to something which i've learnt or figured out using other functions, it's like a set of codes which is imprinted in me through my experiences and sometimes i have no control over it but it does govern my decision making to a great deal because it's difficult to override how you feel about something.
Te for me is absolutely crucial. i've noticed it's only been over the last few years (15-18) that i've really been able to develop Te to the point that it can keep a check on Fi. before then whenever my Ne would jump to conclusions my Fi would instantly react in whatever way it does and i would sometimes make very irrational decisions. this still happens sometimes but my Te creates a reliable model of the world and i can always use it to logically keep whatever emotional reactions i get to Fi judgements in check. i've actually used my Te to organise the concept of Fi ever since i found out about mbti and that's been really useful in allowing me to say "hold on a sec dan, you know this reaction might be irrational, check your Te first".
i've also noticed that i have to switch between the two to use them both, and that's often quite confusing because they often come up with opposite judgements on the same issues. also i notice if i'm extroverting a lot i'll use Te more, and Fi will realise something went against my values only when i'm alone. out of the two i probably trust Te more, but Fi is so much more inherent in my nature that my judgements are often even between the two.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.