Personality Cafe banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I did the 102 questions test on Similarminds and I have trouble understanding how you define the stacks and wings?
What are my three types and wings?

Here's my results:

Type 1 Orderliness 40%
Type 2 Helpfulness 20%
Type 3 Image Awareness 56%
Type 4 Individuality 73%
Type 5 Rationality 76%
Type 6 Cautiousness 50%
Type 7 Adventurousness 70%
Type 8 Aggressiveness 73%
Type 9 Calmness 43%

type score type behavior motivation
5 23 I must be knowledgeable to survive.
4 22 I must be unique/different to survive.
8 22 I must be strong and in control to survive.
7 21 I must be fun and entertained to survive.

Your main type is Type 5
Your variant stacking is spsxso

thank you very much !

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Probably still need to actually have more information about you to give you an accurate answer.
Based on your results *strictly*

Your tritype would be: 5w4 8w7 4w3
But you could as easily be 5w6 (or 8w7) 8w7 (or 5w6/4) 4w3...

Can you tell us a bit about yourself? :)

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have some time to lose so, here we go:

Main Questions

1. What drives you in life? What do you look for?
Intellectual growth, knowing as many thing as possible, random knowledge. And I look for Freedom, free to do whatever I want.

2. What do you hope to accomplish in your life?
Nothing is particular, I want to be able to live life as myself. I want to have my house, with a dog and being able to wake up when I finished sleeping. Meaning, no alarm clock.

3. What do you hope to avoid doing or being? What values are important to you?
I hope to avoid being poor, not having enough freedom. I hope to never become a sheep of the society and always be able to think rational. My values are family, respect, freedom and knowledge if it counts.

4. What are your biggest fears (not including phobias)? Why?
I fear to end up somewhere where I won't be able to learn anything.
Why? Because intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.

5. How do you want others to see you? How do you see yourself?
I want others to see me as someone mysterious who kinda do whatever he wants. Without them really knowing about my personal life or my work. As someone intelligent who thinks extremely fast and someone that no'one can beat in mental sparring.
I see myself as someone who has brilliant ideas but lack patience to follow through. Someone who fit in everywhere but nowhere.

6. What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst?
Learning new stuff. The worst, getting corrected.

7. Describe how you experience each of: a) anger; b) shame; c) anxiety.
a) I get easily angry at stupidity and conscientious ignorance. If not, I learned to control my aggressiveness.
b) I have no shame, everything I do is thought logically and rationally.
c) Never anxious.

8. Describe how you respond to each of: a) stress; b) unexpected change; c) conflict.
a) Perform better under stress
b) I hate when everything is planned and expected.
c) As an opportunity to grow as an individual.

9. Describe your orientation to: a) authority; b) power. How do you respond to these?
a) I react not so good to authority. Because they are ABOVE the law, and not the law. Plus stupid laws sometimes...
b) If you're powerful, you'll be on my side. It's not who you are, but who you knows in life.

10. What is your overall outlook on life and humanity?
95% of the population are sheep following a system established by the other 5%. Not enough people are able to think by themselves, and the government created psychiatry to give drugs and regulate society's thought.
I have no faith in the humanity, so I live my life that's all.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
5w4 8w7 4w3 sounds pretty perfect! You fit it extremely well ^^

Where are you from? o_O
Hi !

Nice to see that it's pretty accurate. I'm from Canada actually, Montreal to be more precise.

What about you?

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Lol. Small world. I was born there. And live about 2.5 hours west of you ;)

Ottawa area.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lol. Small world. I was born there. And live about 2.5 hours west of you ;)

Ottawa area.
Small world really! I go maybe once a month to Ottawa for business.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Small world really! I go maybe once a month to Ottawa for business.
Hah. We could have coffee and chat enneagram! Lol.
Going to Montreal this month my self. Always mixed feelings heading back to Montreal. But an awesome city.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
I get 9.

2. What do you hope to accomplish in your life?
Nothing is particular, I want to be able to live life as myself. I want to have my house, with a dog and being able to wake up when I finished sleeping. Meaning, no alarm clock.
^^ The goal of a 9 is to feel chill.

I see myself as someone who has brilliant ideas but lack patience to follow through. Someone who fit in everywhere but nowhere.
^^ This is just 9...

6. What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst?
Learning new stuff. The worst, getting corrected.
^^ 9s love to learn stuff--for the sake of self-amusement.

7. Describe how you experience each of: a) anger; b) shame; c) anxiety.
a) I get easily angry at stupidity and conscientious ignorance. If not, I learned to control my aggressiveness.
^^ 9s strive for self-control above all else.

I have no faith in the humanity, so I live my life that's all.
^^ This is the 9's credo... I live my life, that's all.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I get 9.

^^ The goal of a 9 is to feel chill.

^^ This is just 9...

^^ 9s love to learn stuff--for the sake of self-amusement.

^^ 9s strive for self-control above all else.

^^ This is the 9's credo... I live my life, that's all.
After doing some research, Type 9 really doesn't go well with me.
I think being in control and being calm is two different thing.

Keep in mind I'm an ENTP, which means I love to debate and show the extent of my knowledge.
I want to be intelligent, informed, knowledgeable and perceptive. More importantly, I want to be self-sufficient and not have the entanglements of obligation.
Peace and calm isn't for me, when I'm in group talks, I'll most likely say something to frustrate most people at the table and play the devil's advocate.
I tried to see myself at 60 years old, retired, and calm.. It felt good for some seconds, then I started wondering what would be my next life thrill? Calmness unsettles me to be honest.

Plus type 9:
Overview
You want to be agreeable, peaceful, natural and comfortable. More importantly, you want to be calm and, if at all possible, to avoid conflict. You see yourself as accepting, unassuming and laid-back. You would like others to see you as humble, easygoing and approachable. Your idealized image is that you are content and harmonious.

I mean, simply none of this apply to me.. But none of it.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
After doing some research, Type 9 really doesn't go well with me.
I think being in control and being calm is two different thing.

Keep in mind I'm an ENTP, which means I love to debate and show the extent of my knowledge.
I want to be intelligent, informed, knowledgeable and perceptive. More importantly, I want to be self-sufficient and not have the entanglements of obligation.
Peace and calm isn't for me, when I'm in group talks, I'll most likely say something to frustrate most people at the table and play the devil's advocate.
I tried to see myself at 60 years old, retired, and calm.. It felt good for some seconds, then I started wondering what would be my next life thrill? Calmness unsettles me to be honest.
I get that you value knowledge and freedom. That doesn't really rule much in or out.

A lot of the popular descriptions of 9 paint a somewhat misleading picture.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I get that you value knowledge and freedom. That doesn't really rule much in or out.

A lot of the popular descriptions of 9 paint a somewhat misleading picture.
I meant, even without considering that I'm a 5, I wouldn't say I'm close of being a 9.

Type 9 - The Peacemaker - I'm more of a ''trouble maker''
You want to be agreeable, peaceful, natural and comfortable. More importantly, you want to be calm and, if at all possible, to avoid conflict.
I want conflicts, I love when there is no peace and people are almost fighting. I'll never say no to some mental sparring, even if it does get deep personal. I think my knowledge can be quite intimidating and some people don't really know how to react. I like to see how people think, what makes them ''twitch'', what frustrates them. Sometime I'll even direct the conversation without behind part of it, just by saying the right thing at the right moment.
You see yourself as accepting, unassuming and laid-back. You would like others to see you as humble, easygoing and approachable. Your idealized image is that you are content and harmonious.
I don't like so much people, I find most of them boring as they cannot keep up a nice conversation. I don't want people to see me as accepting or relaxed. I want people to not really see me, be kinda mysterious. Not so much approachable and far from behind easygoing.

Do you still believe I'm a 9?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Just to be sure, I did the advanced test on similarminds.
Here's the results:

type score type behavior motivation
5 41 I must be knowledgeable to survive.
4 36 I must be unique/different to survive.
8 36 I must be strong and in control to survive.
7 33 I must be fun and entertained to survive.
6 28 I must be secure and safe to survive.
3 27 I must be impressive and attractive to survive.
1 21 I must be orderly/planned to survive.
9 20 I must maintain peace/calm to survive.
2 6 I must be helpful and caring to survive.

Your main type is Type 5
Your variant stacking is sp/sx/so
Your level of health is average

Type 1 Orderliness |||||||||||| 42%
Type 2 Helpfulness |||| 12%
Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||||||| 54%
Type 4 Individualism |||||||||||||||||| 72%
Type 5 Intellectualism |||||||||||||||||||| 82%
Type 6 Security Focus |||||||||||||| 56%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||||||||| 66%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||||||||||| 72%
Type 9 Calmness |||||||||| 40%
Even with these test, I'm starting to really considerate type 8.
I'm reading more and more about it, and I might be in the body triad.
And with this: For example, while Type Five will plan things out while Type Eight will just do it.
Seems more accurate

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
I meant, even without considering that I'm a 5, I wouldn't say I'm close of being a 9.

Type 9 - The Peacemaker - I'm more of a ''trouble maker''
You want to be agreeable, peaceful, natural and comfortable. More importantly, you want to be calm and, if at all possible, to avoid conflict.
I want conflicts, I love when there is no peace and people are almost fighting. I'll never say no to some mental sparring, even if it does get deep personal. I think my knowledge can be quite intimidating and some people don't really know how to react. I like to see how people think, what makes them ''twitch'', what frustrates them. Sometime I'll even direct the conversation without behind part of it, just by saying the right thing at the right moment.
You see yourself as accepting, unassuming and laid-back. You would like others to see you as humble, easygoing and approachable. Your idealized image is that you are content and harmonious.
I don't like so much people, I find most of them boring as they cannot keep up a nice conversation. I don't want people to see me as accepting or relaxed. I want people to not really see me, be kinda mysterious. Not so much approachable and far from behind easygoing.

Do you still believe I'm a 9?
All of that argues against 5. The goal of 5 is to protect themselves, not to provoke people.

The body triad type that most resembles 5 is 9.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
All of that argues against 5. The goal of 5 is to protect themselves, not to provoke people.

The body triad type that most resembles 5 is 9.
Ok, it's crazy how you really think I'm a 9 when I'm saying I went through all description and I'm totally the opposite of this.
I'd be more of a 8w7 then a 9. Also you make no explanation of your sayings..

I mean, simply look at the description of it.

4: I must be unique/different to survive.
5: I must be knowledgeable to survive.
8: I must be strong and in control to survive.
9: I must maintain peace/calm to survive.

I'm more of a 4,5,8 before being a 9.

Reactions: psychologic

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Ok, it's crazy how you really think I'm a 9 when I'm saying I went through all description and I'm totally the opposite of this.
I'd be more of a 8w7 then a 9. Also you make no explanation of your sayings..

I mean, simply look at the description of it.

4: I must be unique/different to survive.
5: I must be knowledgeable to survive.
8: I must be strong and in control to survive.
9: I must maintain peace/calm to survive.

I'm more of a 4,5,8 before being a 9.
Those descriptions are so short that I really don't think they're all that helpful.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Those descriptions are so short that I really don't think they're all that helpful.
Like I said, I've went through the whole descriptions of type 4,5,8,9 for now.
Unknown MBTI, I see.. And it's not because you're a type 9 that everybody has to be a 9..
Just because the way you think is similar to another type, it doesn't mean they are like you.

Should probably go on Similarminds.com, and do the 108 questions Jung + Enneagram test.
Let me know the outcome, simply for curiosity.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts