Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so confused!!

Personally, I have numerous guilt trips daily, and they become extremely frustrating to deal with. No one has said or done anything to me which could cause the guilt trips, and as I've read, most if not all of other 6s also experience this. However, I don't understand why it happens if there frankly aren't any apparent reasons –– seems to take over so randomly!

Does any of you have an idea for why it happens? or how to keep it under control? :frustrating: That would be greatly appreciated! :happy:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also, trauma (physical, mental, or both) often leads to clinical depression
I've been really depressed a couple weeks ago, but even before and now after, i still experience it. I haven't gone through "trauma", but I am mentally weaker now than before the depression.

It just seems so odd that I can't grasp a "reason". :O

·
Banned
891 Posts
The reason can be as simple as a chemical imbalance in the brain. Traumatic events can lead to chemical imbalance, but so can genetics. There are also unknown reasons for this phenomenon for some people.

Depression weakens you. Messes with your immune system. Can lead to(or exacerbate) physical pain for some people.

Have you seen a doctor about it? I am concerned for you.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The reason can be as simple as a chemical imbalance in the brain. Traumatic events can lead to chemical imbalance, but so can genetics. There are also unknown reasons for this phenomenon for some people.

Depression weakens you. Messes with your immune system. Can lead to(or exacerbate) physical pain for some people.

Have you seen a doctor about it? I am concerned for you.
I have, once. Apart from that I've seen 2 other psychologists - who said were incapable of helping me. They suggested me to the psychiatric department :sad: and have gotten a letter to go there :/.

All of a sudden, a bit sad again. I know, I'm not well at all now, but i've been able to "mask" it in front of normal friends. They all see me as the happy, hyper, "life of the party" kind of girl –– was more of a shock to them than anyone. I don't understand how it happened to me.. but at the same time i do.. i keep beating myself for it ––> not being able to fight the depression in the beginning. Choosing flight instead of fight :/

·
Registered
729 Posts
My mom is a pro at using guilt trips .... I've learned to ignore her. There's no real way around it. I mean.. guilt is a personal thing. You can feel guilty about not doing something or doing something whether or not there's a reason. I think it mostly depends on what you think you should have done/should be doing.

·
Banned
891 Posts
My mom is a pro at using guilt trips .... I've learned to ignore her. There's no real way around it. I mean.. guilt is a personal thing. You can feel guilty about not doing something or doing something whether or not there's a reason. I think it mostly depends on what you think you should have done/should be doing.
So does mine. And she is an enabler to an abuser (my dad). I don't speak to either one of them anymore, but they left me a legacy of inappropriate guilt and shame. Basically, they made a mess, and I have to clean it up. If I don't wish to have a perpetually shitty life, however, then it is in my best interest to clean up the mess, even though I didn't make it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts