I used to be a big, big time long-term planner. But I've been living with this disability for 9 years now. So I've learnt to sort of live day to day. However, I do have the tendency to get caught up in my plans and ignore my health. Even now, my first instinct is to get a job and make myself busy and forget about my disability completely [but I did that 6 times already in the past and each time was forced to quit because of recurring injuries, surgeries]. Finally decided to give everything else up and just become single minded on my health for once. But .. it's still extremely, extremely hard. I have to be reminded constantly that my #1 goal should be getting healthy so that I can function longer term, instead of trying to achieve success. The thing is ... even despite the disability, I've been highly successful in all my careers .. I just can't sustain them.I am definitely one of those 3s.
Do you find it frustrating when so many plans hinge on the outcome of one of them? it seems like your surgery will be the deciding factor for many of these.
Hate to sound stereotypical, but I think most 3's are out there doing stuff xD@Jawz I wish you the best of luck in your pursuits! You're definitely admirable in your ability to focus on what's really important... I know I'm definitely not there yet! Again, good luck.
I also would love to see more 3's around. It kills me going to the 5 forum and seeing 20+ pages of threads, and only 6 on the 3 forum.
Haha, yeah honestly if I wasn't off from school for summer already and without a car, I probably would have never found out this website existed. I never would have guessed it would be transportation stopping me from doing things haha!Hate to sound stereotypical, but I think most 3's are out there doing stuff xD
I mean, I was 30 with 6 years of professional experience, 3 years of marriage [and a divorce] already under my belt before I even realized that this place existed.
Oh .. and btw ... hanging around you guys is *really* making me feel like I'm finally amongst my real peers.
I can just feel the "I wanna be a superstar" energy coming through all of your posts, and honestly reminding me of the younger me.
Bah! I'm getting all gushy here.
Rock on fellow 3's. All the best to you in your dreams
And yeah ... I'm hoping to get this place rocking as well. And just today I was like "Damn, this place could use some traffic compared to the other forums" .. looks like great minds really do think alike
Ooh .. I can use this as an ongoing public checklistMy goals for the day:
- Be positive ---- Accomplished even though I had some nightmares at night
- Go to my family doctor and push for an earlier appointment. Get a referral to a psychiatrist - Done. Appointment should come in tomorrow
- My aunt's coming over so discuss the possibility of moving in with her and sorting through the details - Done -- option to move is a little hazy. Even discussed the possibility of going back to school for an MA in Psychology. I've spent a lot of time researching that today
- Spend time with mom -- Not satisfactorily so
- Spend time with my SO -- Done -- Hope that she's satisfied by it
- Watch a movie -- Didn't get time. But I watched a voyager episode instead
- Play the Sims [I'm moving my characters to a new home today ] -- Nope. Tried to build a new house, got bored
- Get my sister her graduation gift [thinking about getting her an Amazon gift card] -- Forgot --- Doing it right now
- Order something for Mother's day. -- Decided to put if off
Not much going on. But should be busy enough.
Of course it's 3-ish- it's in the Type 3 forum!:laughing:I'm wondering if I can get this stickied. I know they typically only sticky type descriptions in the enneagram thread but this thread is very 3-ish.
So my current goal is to ask about sticky-ing threads.
Okay, I have to ask... the side of the road?Lose 30 lbs and fit into a LBD I found on the side of the road (I think the challenge to fit something I found would be fun).
I can help you with this one.Meet more Christians.
Meet more Conservatives.