Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
I'm noticing a bunch of 3's getting active here :)

My goals

- Get an early appointment with an orthopaedic surgeon to see if there's a possibility of a knee surgery which would decrease my disability a little bit
- Looking for a place to live as the people I'm living with have decided to move out of the city
- Looking for a part time job or something that I can do without my disability getting in the way
- I might move in to my aunt's but that one is indefinite
- Once I have my living arrangements settled, I need to register for a driving course to get my licence earlier.
- To meet my SO
- If all goes well, push for an early surgery
- If it's an early surgery, while I'm waiting for it, if I move to my aunt's, I might get involved with her in some volunteer project. She's always busy with something like that
- If it's a surgery that has a lot of wait time [6-8 months], I might make a plan to visit with my SO and leave for Pakistan instead of wasting time and money in Canada. I have a job waiting there for me as well as my parents' home. I can always come back to Canada for surgery

I can't express any longer-term goals than that [even though I do have them of course!], because everything depends on whether I'm getting a surgery or not.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm noticing a bunch of 3's getting active here :)

I am definitely one of those 3s.
Do you find it frustrating when so many plans hinge on the outcome of one of them? it seems like your surgery will be the deciding factor for many of these.

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
I am definitely one of those 3s.
Do you find it frustrating when so many plans hinge on the outcome of one of them? it seems like your surgery will be the deciding factor for many of these.
I used to be a big, big time long-term planner. But I've been living with this disability for 9 years now. So I've learnt to sort of live day to day. However, I do have the tendency to get caught up in my plans and ignore my health. Even now, my first instinct is to get a job and make myself busy and forget about my disability completely [but I did that 6 times already in the past and each time was forced to quit because of recurring injuries, surgeries]. Finally decided to give everything else up and just become single minded on my health for once. But .. it's still extremely, extremely hard. I have to be reminded constantly that my #1 goal should be getting healthy so that I can function longer term, instead of trying to achieve success. The thing is ... even despite the disability, I've been highly successful in all my careers .. I just can't sustain them.

And I need to know once and for all if this thing can be fixed, or not. If not, then I'm planning on getting some sort of teaching diploma/degree and becoming a teacher for the rest of my life [easiest career track for me] --- but if there's even a remote chance that I can go from 50% [which I am currently] to even 85% --- then I'm pursuing my goal of becoming a Marketing professional [as I'm already qualified as an MBA].

But you're right .. it's beyond frustrating ... and is a cause of pretty much all of my failures.

Very honestly, if I hadn't failed as badly as I had a year ago, I wouldn't be here. I would be on my way to the top of my profession :)

But .. oh well. Life sucks .. it's bullshit .. I can't let it break me. I can't live a life without having achieved something.

·
Registered
281 Posts
@Jawz I wish you the best of luck in your pursuits! You're definitely admirable in your ability to focus on what's really important... I know I'm definitely not there yet! Again, good luck.

My (long-ish term) goals are:
  • Graduate Valedictiorian of my university
  • Learn an additional 2 languages
  • Earn an M.D.
  • Become a licensed Psychiatrist
  • Write a book and have book published
  • Start a family
  • Learn more about myself
  • Help people

Short term:
  • Make more friends; become more sociable
  • Stay in touch with my High School friends when I go away
  • Finally figure out my MBTI type

I also would love to see more 3's around. It kills me going to the 5 forum and seeing 20+ pages of threads, and only 6 on the 3 forum.

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
@Jawz I wish you the best of luck in your pursuits! You're definitely admirable in your ability to focus on what's really important... I know I'm definitely not there yet! Again, good luck.

I also would love to see more 3's around. It kills me going to the 5 forum and seeing 20+ pages of threads, and only 6 on the 3 forum.
Hate to sound stereotypical, but I think most 3's are out there doing stuff xD

I mean, I was 30 with 6 years of professional experience, 3 years of marriage [and a divorce] already under my belt before I even realized that this place existed.

Oh .. and btw ... hanging around you guys is *really* making me feel like I'm finally amongst my real peers.

I can just feel the "I wanna be a superstar" energy coming through all of your posts, and honestly reminding me of the younger me.

Bah! I'm getting all gushy here.

Rock on fellow 3's. All the best to you in your dreams :)

And yeah ... I'm hoping to get this place rocking as well. And just today I was like "Damn, this place could use some traffic compared to the other forums" .. looks like great minds really do think alike ;)

·
Registered
281 Posts
Hate to sound stereotypical, but I think most 3's are out there doing stuff xD

I mean, I was 30 with 6 years of professional experience, 3 years of marriage [and a divorce] already under my belt before I even realized that this place existed.

Oh .. and btw ... hanging around you guys is *really* making me feel like I'm finally amongst my real peers.

I can just feel the "I wanna be a superstar" energy coming through all of your posts, and honestly reminding me of the younger me.

Bah! I'm getting all gushy here.

Rock on fellow 3's. All the best to you in your dreams :)

And yeah ... I'm hoping to get this place rocking as well. And just today I was like "Damn, this place could use some traffic compared to the other forums" .. looks like great minds really do think alike ;)
Haha, yeah honestly if I wasn't off from school for summer already and without a car, I probably would have never found out this website existed. I never would have guessed it would be transportation stopping me from doing things haha!

My favorite thing about our forum is the "I wanna be a superstar" energy! I was going to include my more... unrealistic goals about becoming like the next Oprah in my previous post but I figured I would try to keep my head out of the clouds...even though I think I'm still somewhere in the ionosphere or whatever. I think we could definitely bring some life to this forum!

The *greatest* minds, I think you meant. We are 3's!

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Some of my goals (some of mine are health-related as well):

- to reach 1000 posts on this website

- exercise. This one is so sadly important. I also disregard my health and have been ignoring my autoimmune disease for about three years. I hate exercising, even if I feel amazing when I'm active.

- smoothly transition from one city to another, one school to another, one career to another. (I'm moving if you couldn't tell :)

I think that is it for now.

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
My goals for the day:

- Be positive
- Go to my family doctor and push for an earlier appointment. Get a referral to a psychiatrist
- My aunt's coming over so discuss the possibility of moving in with her and sorting through the details
- Spend time with mom
- Spend time with my SO
- Watch a movie
- Play the Sims [I'm moving my characters to a new home today :p]
- Get my sister her graduation gift [thinking about getting her an Amazon gift card]
- Order something for Mother's day.

Not much going on. But should be busy enough.

·
MOTM June 2012
9,333 Posts
My main goal is to get over my depression. I think most of it is gone, but there is still something lingering.

My second goal is to get over this person who's been driving me wild. I'm sick of this rollercoaster, this whirlwind of emotions. It's not healthy.

Third goal, loose weight. I bet my friend $300 when I was drunk that I could slim down by August. That's enough motivation for me to get serious.

And lasttly, I want to take my writing more seriously. I will have lots of time to write come the fall, but untill then I want to sharpen my skills, freshen up my prose ect.

·
Registered
281 Posts
My goals for the day:
  • study enough for my Precalculus final tomorrow
  • finish my History and Religion projects
  • have a successful dress rehearsal for the show I'm in... which opens Friday and lacks a cast with good(my) work ethic :dry:
  • memorize my audition piece for my college's fall opera
good thing I still have another 10 hours left of the day!

·
Registered
416 Posts
I like that this forum is becoming more active. It's like one of the only forums I regularly post in xD

Goals:
- Speak fluent German. And then maybe go improve my Chinese
- Ace my exams and get into the course I want
- Publish a book (?)
- Swim freestyle without inhaling water! And then butterfly
- Be more chill
- and yet more focused when working on something

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
My goals for the day:

- Be positive ---- Accomplished even though I had some nightmares at night
- Go to my family doctor and push for an earlier appointment. Get a referral to a psychiatrist - Done. Appointment should come in tomorrow
- My aunt's coming over so discuss the possibility of moving in with her and sorting through the details - Done -- option to move is a little hazy. Even discussed the possibility of going back to school for an MA in Psychology. I've spent a lot of time researching that today
- Spend time with mom -- Not satisfactorily so
- Spend time with my SO -- Done -- Hope that she's satisfied by it :)
- Watch a movie -- Didn't get time. But I watched a voyager episode instead
- Play the Sims [I'm moving my characters to a new home today :p] -- Nope. Tried to build a new house, got bored
- Get my sister her graduation gift [thinking about getting her an Amazon gift card] -- Forgot --- Doing it right now
- Order something for Mother's day. -- Decided to put if off

Not much going on. But should be busy enough.
Ooh .. I can use this as an ongoing public checklist :p

Goals for today:

- Visit the mall with mom [Done]
- Research the possibility of entering a Masters Program in Psychology
- Call Knee Surgeon's office for appointment date --- Done --- Looks like it could be sometime in September. Will call next week for confirmation as well as trying to get onto the waiting list
- Call family physician to whine about why my appointments are getting late --- Done [Got an additional appointment for next Tuesday].
- Order my sister's gift
- Look for something for Mother's Day.
- Watch the movie I was supposed to watch yesterday
- Move my sims
- Spend time with SO
- Go on a walk with mom in the evening if not too cold

Hah! This is so cool :D Putting things down is actually motivating and also makes me feel accountable :)

·
Premium Member
6,856 Posts
Finish the first draft of my current feature by Sunday evening. Rework over the next two weeks after that.
Submit my two theses no later than Monday for graduation.
Finalize the paperwork for my move into a new apartment.
Call the manager in order to get said paperwork.

Lose 30 lbs and fit into a LBD I found on the side of the road (I think the challenge to fit something I found would be fun).
Find a job that involves daily interaction with people (I just left a job where I worked in total isolation for 55 hours a week, and I HATED it), and gives me evening hours to work on my own writing.

Find representation before the end of the 2012 year.

Go back to law school and pursue either digital or constitutional law.
Go to Chicago School of Economics and get a Masters in Economics.

Make enough money to pay off my sister's college loans so she doesn't ever have to feel the strain of debt.
Meet more people and lighten up a bit. I tend to get a little overbearing at times with others.

Meet more Christians.
Meet more Conservatives.

Join a local goverment committee. Test the waters for a possible career in politics (much further down the road).

Travel to Thailand.
Country hop my way through most of Southeast Asia, beginning in Japan.

Publish a novel on the beginning days of the NY Stock Exchange.
Learn Japanese, Chinese, and Korean. Possibly work for CIA.

Work for railroad company.
Work as cross-country trucker.
Become an expert pharologist and live in Big Sur Lighthouse for a minimum of 6 months.

Live in Kyoto, Japan, for a minimum of a year (Hiroshima is an acceptable subsitute).

Own a purebred German Shepherd named America.
Own an olive Ural motorcycle. Train America to sit in the sidecar during rides.

Give a speech at a college. Never become a professor.
Publish scathing articles on the current political climate. Stir blood and controversy.

Learn to shoot a .44 Magnum with one hand.

Train in a martial art, preferrably something that allows me to be physically aggressive.
Build a parthenon on a plateau in the middle of the Arizona desert. Make it a resting place for people who need a break from the world.

Own more land in the U.S. than John Malone and Ted Turner.
Earn money. Invest said money to accumulate an eight figure net worth. Use it to invest in worthwhile projects and campaigns that benefit the future of America.

Give parkour a shot.
Make films that inspire other filmmakers to be creative. Destroy the mindless drugs/sex/violence drivel that bleeds out of Hollywood.

Meet with someone I haven't seen in a year and try not to be an asshole to her. I'm not sure if I'm ready to restart a friendship, and this meeting has me a little on edge. I don't want to postpone it, but I don't want to have it either.

Learn to be okay with simple intimate contact such as holding hands and kissing.
Get over the fact that exchanging saliva is extremely unhygenic.
Learn to be open with people when I am emotionally upset. I tend to retreat because my feelings are overwhelming and I don't like to let myself be emotional around others. This creates problems, because I pull back when I need to be open.

Learn to wield my anger in appropriate times and situations. Use it to startle people and open their eyes, not crush them and make them enemies.

Learn to be more adaptable and more forgiving.
Learn to be more humble.

Learn to be more compassionate to others.

Protect my sister.
Learn to be okay with having an intimate relationship. To learn to open up and be vulnerable with people.

Learn to be kick ass, tough as nails, and always approachable.

·
Banned
891 Posts
Goals for myself:

-Regain my physical and mental health
-Start community college this summer
-Graduate from said college with my legal assistant diploma and get an awesome job in the field
-Move to Toronto (this'll take years, *sigh*)
-Send some letters of protest to my provincial and federal health minister with regards to the less-than-ideal health care system in my country
-Stop being so nasty to myself about every little thing that goes wrong

·
Banned
891 Posts
I'm wondering if I can get this stickied. I know they typically only sticky type descriptions in the enneagram thread but this thread is very 3-ish.

So my current goal is to ask about sticky-ing threads.
Of course it's 3-ish- it's in the Type 3 forum!:laughing:

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Lose 30 lbs and fit into a LBD I found on the side of the road (I think the challenge to fit something I found would be fun).
Okay, I have to ask... the side of the road?

Meet more Christians.
Meet more Conservatives.
I can help you with this one.
Hi, I'm Corgi. I'm a Christian and a Libertarian.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts