Personality Cafe banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Whether it is in school, work, sports, family, friends, culture, society, or the world, what are some challenges that have constantly arisen in your life - and, if you'd be so kind, how well (or not well) would you say you've done in handling them?

Thanks!
:wink:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Basically anything to do with change. Just as an example I've quit my job 4 times and continually returned to the same one. Really gets tiring, but I like that its easy and predictable, and keeps me easily tucked into my "comfort zone"

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
I like to run, but I sometimes have chest pains.

Sometimes I get depressed and lose the will to live. I head out to run myself into a heart attack. The endorphins from running make me feel good. I'm like "Aw, stink, now I've even lost the will to end it.":laughing:

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've had trouble with absorbing too much energy. I can walk into one place and be in one mood, then walk into another place 5 minutes later and be in the complete opposite mood. Whatever is happening around me is absorbed instantly by me. This sucks. People that know me very well might not even realize this about me because I've found ways to overcome it. I just pretend like im not there and that Im watching it on a movie as a past experience instead of it being real life, right now. I find that by doing this I take things less seriously and literally and tend to enjoy wherever Im at. Try it out!

·
Registered
74 Posts
to figure out my main life quest ... what the hell to do in life ... what main activity job/university/whatever to choose and dedicate myself to it
didnt cared about it that much till the end of high school ... but know i cant think of anything more important ... iam lost ... and all those small things, details, hobbies and just all other stuff just seem small

·
Registered
106 Posts
Punctuality and the ongoing battle to try and rationalise why I do the things I do, from working more often than not to the refusal to put my keys where they belong.....

Reactions: jasonm

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
to figure out my main life quest ... what the hell to do in life ... what main activity job/university/whatever to choose and dedicate myself to it
didnt cared about it that much till the end of high school ... but know i cant think of anything more important ... iam lost ... and all those small things, details, hobbies and just all other stuff just seem small

Hey, Johny115, do you have an idea of what you want to do? Or, at least, do you know what some of your strengths are?

I spent the last three years in college, and it took two of those years to figure out what I wanted to do. I went from music to psychology to writing. It was a long, sometimes difficult road, but by getting my feet wet in all three fields, I was able to figure out what was the best fit for me. Do you have any clues as to what fields you might want to try your hand at?

:happy:

·
Registered
841 Posts
I find it hard to speak up to a stranger, and even to friends and family. I also struggle staying on a routine. The worst is that I feel alone sometimes because I find it hard to start a conversation with someone.

·
Registered
243 Posts
By far the biggest challenge has been with work. It's like I'm an easy target. The first job in my field, I had to sue to get paid. That was 9 years ago and as of last year, the owner was calling a current employer and speaking ill of me. Then the second/current job...I was seen as a threat by someone and somehow, I don't know, he manage to turn people against me, people who didn't even know me-so much so that if a new employee was seen as being on good terms with me, they were ostracized. After YEARS of dealing with the problem, I spoke up and now 4 years later and I am still paying the price...and he still does the same thing. I can't confront people and they know it, so they take advantage.

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
I guess my main challenge will always be socializing. It has held me back from so many things and makes me afraid to do so many things. It holds me back from wanting to express myself and really take action in my life.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Figuring out the social games... and how to make a decent living at being me.

It's all a big challenge... if I could figure out this... my life would be pretty satisfying actually. But as it is... I'm sort of a lost... adult teenager, with big interests and bigger thoughts that don't amount to anything substantial in the real world.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
My social ineptitude would be my biggest challenge. It encompasses several other smaller challenges as well, some of which are big in on themselves. :bored:

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
I would say that most of my life, my greatest challenge has been to be myself without being anxious about potential social hostility while still staying in touch with the mainstream core of society.

Reactions: Raichan and jasonm
1 - 13 of 13 Posts