Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
4,757 Posts
Everyday?

Sleep, that I should stop procrastinating and stop being so lazy, how very strange I am, my obsession du jour, the news and its implications, song lyrics and poetry, my friends, my inadequacies, PerC and MBTI (they never leave my head!) and how my mind functions, food, and all manner of weird thoughts.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've listened to so many poems that even though I'm not a poet, my thoughts kinda arrange themselves rhythmically and it's really annoying. Other times, I am thinking about what underlies any and everything...I think my mind is like a web..each thing connects to something else to something else to something else!

I think so much that I'm not aware of my thoughts..I don't really know what I think about. They vanish the minute I've carried them out to their potential

·
Registered
134 Posts
In no order whatsoever...

Anime (usually the new ones), random daily thoughts, people... and that's all I can think about. There's most likely more.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I continue stories in my head, random funny remarks about various things, other peoples thoughts and how they feel, whether or not something will suddenly happen to change my life like in my fantsies I "write", playing back real and fictional situations, random stuff I think about like psychology, philosphy and other stuff thats not normally vocalized by me, and then random mundane stuff... Im a scatterbrain!

·
Registered
929 Posts
I think about pretty much anything that randomly pops up.

I also think up entire conversations in my head if im going to some place where i need to socialize, unfortunatly the actual conversations don't go anything like i imagined :p

... I also sometimes choreograph, fight-scenes in my head, between random people i see in the streets :p

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Things I think about are; things that others would think are random, nothing at all, some sort of chain thinking where I just let my mind wander from thought to thought... with each proceeding thought being thought of because of its predecessor, worries/concerns, dreams, ideas for my ideals, my past/present/future, hugs, and... while I don't "think" them, I feel a smörgåsbord of feelings.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Wondering why some people I know do certain things, wondering why so many terrible things are going on around me, wondering why people don't have courtesy, wondering why they study so much but learn so little about what truly matters, wondering why people talk about food all the time and go over limits for it and even end up wasting the precious food, wondering why I feel scared of things that probably are non-existent, wondering how to get over things I don't need to crowd my mind with, wondering how to smile without looking so awkward.

Basically lots of wondering :wink:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hmm.. Today I saw a commercial for a show called Thune Files. That made me think about the Thule-culture, a culture that thrived on Greenland some thousands years ago. From there I leaped to antiquity, since the name Thule derives from a fabled northlying land in either greece or roman writings. Thule have sometimes belived to be Iceland, other times Scandinavia. Then I remembered how I saw a quiz-show the other day, where they asked for where the city of Cartago was located. I've read that the destruction of Cartago was a crucial event in Roman history...

A never-ending flow of associations. That is the matter of how I think.

But more concrete, I often think about the matter of which we percieve things, in a personal matter, and how our personal perception colour what we think.

One subject I've been entertaining the last couple of days are our tendencies to reduce people to the experience of what we are introduced from them. If I met a stranger who happened to be rude, then my only perception of her would be that she is an rude person, and that would be all that she was to me. In that person there is an entire world, an completely unique and perhaps radically different way to see the world, an entire universe. And I would just dismiss it as "rude".

Come to think of it, the more provocated I am the more likely I am to label and dismiss people. And then I am more proned to act provocating toward her, and it will lead to a downward spiral where we hate each other and become enemies.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I'm completely scatter-brained, it's an erratic mesh of potential subjects all scrabbling for my attention. I think I dwell mostly on philosophies, MBTI, what other people think, my own fantasy world, and my pet turtles...Oh, and how to acquire a job/ have a profit stream so I could move out quickly, and sorting out the past in order to figure out what I would like to do in the future.

Umm, and silliness. :D
And how I wish I could be more authentic than I am now...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for responding guys.
I think a lot about things that have happened in the past and how I can improve on things. I beat myself up a lot. Philosophy and spirituality occupy a good deal of my time too. I find myself trying to figure people out. I go through quite a few what if scenarios throughout the day and I think about music, of course.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hmm.. Today I saw a commercial for a show called Thune Files. That made me think about the Thule-culture, a culture that thrived on Greenland some thousands years ago. From there I leaped to antiquity, since the name Thule derives from a fabled northlying land in either greece or roman writings. Thule have sometimes belived to be Iceland, other times Scandinavia. Then I remembered how I saw a quiz-show the other day, where they asked for where the city of Cartago was located. I've read that the destruction of Cartago was a crucial event in Roman history...

A never-ending flow of associations. That is the matter of how I think.

But more concrete, I often think about the matter of which we percieve things, in a personal matter, and how our personal perception colour what we think.

One subject I've been entertaining the last couple of days are our tendencies to reduce people to the experience of what we are introduced from them. If I met a stranger who happened to be rude, then my only perception of her would be that she is an rude person, and that would be all that she was to me. In that person there is an entire world, an completely unique and perhaps radically different way to see the world, an entire universe. And I would just dismiss it as "rude".

Come to think of it, the more provocated I am the more likely I am to label and dismiss people. And then I am more proned to act provocating toward her, and it will lead to a downward spiral where we hate each other and become enemies.
Making sharp first judgments is one of the worst things we do.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts