Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Mr. Nobody and The Secret Garden are my two favorites. I also really like Pan's Labyrinth, Warm Bodies, and does Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog count?

Reactions: vitruvia

·
Registered
92 Posts
This is in no particular order

Drama:
Into the Wild

50/50
Seven Pounds

Romance: (though I do not really watch these type of movies)
500 Days of Summer
Alfie

Action:
Shooter
Bourne
The Hurt Locker

Sci-fi:
Iron Man
Transformers

·
Registered
771 Posts
There are many threads like this already... There's a pretty big one actually, I think we should merge this thread with that one.

I recommended a lot of movies there...

I'll say a list of 10 I put in my description in the Enneagram 4 subforum: Dancer in the dark, Citizen Kane , Dead Poets Society, My dinner with Andre, Oldboy, Open your eyes (spanish, remade into vanilla sky), Taxi driver, A clockwork orange, Black swan and Mullholand dr.

I'll add Come and See by Elem Klimov. Really unknown but it's a masterpiece. Favorite war movie, very psychological. Watch out.

(My 10 rated movies in imdb: http://www.imdb.com/list/rJ-pTNL5-tw/ )

·
Registered
92 Posts
Before Sunrise ! There is no movie better than Before Sunrise, imo, haha! So deep, so romantic..

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Mainly horror movies. Saw series, Friday the 13th, My Bloody Valentine 3D, the Evil Dead series, I also like movies such as The Avengers, Howl's Moving Castle, Pokémon the First Movie, FMA: Conqueror of Shambala, Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, Zombieland....

Too many really ><;

·
Registered
289 Posts
The Prestige, Memento, Inception, Peter Pan (2003), Midnight In Paris, Don Jon, Catch Me If You Can, Warm Bodies, Iron Man Trilogy, Shakespeare In Love, ParaNorman.

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Here's my top 5

Anne of Green Gables trilogy.
My own private Idaho.
Little Women (1994).
Edward Scissorhands.
Romeo + Juliet.

Special mention: Dead Poets Society

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How about: Mysterious Skin, Spun, A Necessary Death, The Devil and Daniel Johnston, Sentiment of the Flesh, Four-Eyed Monsters ... I personally really like (thought-provoking and artistic) documentary (or documentary style) (indie) films about social issues.

And pretty much anything psychological that delves deep into the human psyche to test boundaries.

That said. One of my all time fav movies would be the 2004 Phantom of the Opera with Gerard Butler. :blushed:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Donnie Darko
Scott Pilgrim vs The World
Submarine
and anything by Wes Anderson or Tim Burton

if it's quirky and character focussed I'll most likely enjoy it.
:kitteh:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Dead Poets Society! It's a quintessential INFP film for me.

But I'm also a fan of Midnight in Paris, Gladiator, The Matrix... and Zoolander.

Zoolander is a brilliantly hilarious film. The best part for me has to be the walk off with David Bowie :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
my favourite film -- and probably many others' here as well! --is Amélie. i wish i had created that movie. or rather, i wish i could live inside that movie!

Pride & Prejudice (notably the 2005 adaptation), Hot Fuzz (anything by Edgar Wright, really), Edward Scissorhands (anything by Tim Burton, really), um... Woody Allen's films are always great.

recently watched Before Sunrise/Before Sunset as well as Life of Pi. all three are very inspiring and beautifully poignant.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Annie Hall, Through a Glass Darkly, Waking Life, Mysterious Skin, pineapple Express, The Royal Tenenbaums, Persona, dr. strange love, 2001 A Space Odyssey, Eraserhead, Mean Girls, Kill Bill, Mulholland Drive, The Big Lebowski

Reactions: Saldron
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.