Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I know this seems like a bit of an odd question so allow me to explicate. I think it's a bit dangerous for a person not to question anything and remain in a state of mind in which they're content with definitive answers, because it doesn't leave any room to examine other possibilities, instead people become blinded by certainty. So, I'm trying to ask questions about various topics that I don't have a lot of exposure to, however I realize a lot of the questions are relegated to what I know I don't know. I thought this would be a good opportunity to share the opportunity exposure to various questions and facts with everyone since everyone has something valuable and interesting to share :D

So, what are some questions you ask yourself?? What are some ideas,theories or facts that are of interest to you?? Feel free to post videos or articles about it :D

·
Registered
270 Posts
Basically I ask myself questions which affect me. Those ordinary existential ones - what is the meaning of my life, what am I, where am I going, what could happen and what couldn't, what changes could be made?
I couldn't care less about - how was the world made, because it has already happened and the answer to it wouldn't change my view of it. I spend more time thinking about how the world can be improved and all of the possibilities it can offer to me.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Hey guys, I know this seems like a bit of an odd question so allow me to explicate. I think it's a bit dangerous for a person not to question anything and remain in a state of mind in which they're content with definitive answers, because it doesn't leave any room to examine other possibilities, instead people become blinded by certainty.
This is our bias as NTPs, yes :happy: but while we remain unblinded, the blind often get things done!

So, I'm trying to ask questions about various topics that I don't have a lot of exposure to, however I realize a lot of the questions are relegated to what I know I don't know. I thought this would be a good opportunity to share the opportunity exposure to various questions and facts with everyone since everyone has something valuable and interesting to share :D
What type of questions are you seeking? That of religion and philosophy? Of personal development and spirituality? Of science and technology? Are you hoping for guidance in a particular area, or just hoping to general knowledge and insight?

So, what are some questions you ask yourself?? What are some ideas,theories or facts that are of interest to you?? Feel free to post videos or articles about it :D
I most often ask questions about my own identity, I suppose, and look to overcome innate fears. I strive for self growth (or I should say, more accurately, that lately I strive), and I ask myself questions on how people connect. How I connect with people, and how my interactions affect myself in the long run, as well as them.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Basically I ask myself questions which affect me. Those ordinary existential ones - what is the meaning of my life, what am I, where am I going, what could happen and what couldn't, what changes could be made?
I couldn't care less about - how was the world made, because it has already happened and the answer to it wouldn't change my view of it. I spend more time thinking about how the world can be improved and all of the possibilities it can offer to me.
I like this answer. I think it reflects a lot of INTP concepts, as we look past "pointless" questions and seek to find answers that can somehow be useful to us.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is our bias as NTPs, yes :happy: but while we remain unblinded, the blind often get things done!

What type of questions are you seeking? That of religion and philosophy? Of personal development and spirituality? Of science and technology? Are you hoping for guidance in a particular area, or just hoping to general knowledge and insight?
Well, I generally ask myself questions related to philosophy, social science, or personal development. I don't have a lot of exposure to topics such as science and technology, however I wanted this post to be an area where people could share things that genuinely capture their interest to gain exposure to new information. It's a way to gain exposure to areas that people don't know that they don't know xD

·
Registered
10,350 Posts
Depends. In relation to myself, it's usually related to what I'm trying to do, why I'm doing it and what I hope to gain. Outside of that, I ask questions about things that people use all the time and don't seem to think about - words like 'intelligent', for example. There's no real definition for it. Also, things to do with how much of what we know we've made up - science uses equipment made by humans and everything is measured with human systems. Therefore, how can anyone actually trust science? I'm still thinking it over.

Reactions: Wolfrahm

·
Registered
10 Posts
Are the choices I make right? What is my motivation? Why do I prefer some things over other things when the sum of all parts is the same? How could this be improved? Why isn't it being improved? Have I been doing something to hinder its improvement without my knowing? Would I prefer being a dog? If I say this thing, will these people worry over me? What has held me back? How can I shed myself of that? Who can I listen to? How can I be sure? When will I know? Do I have to die first? What is my body telling me? What can I learn from this?
I've been searching in people's eyes while they talk to me lately. I haven't historically, but I think it's an after-effect of dialing endless numbers only to reach what are mostly angry and desperate people. Humanity almost seems welcoming. That's what I've been learning lately, looking into my coworkers eyes at work.
Being bad at something. Wanting to be better at it. I'm usually smart enough to make things easy on myself. Sales introduce me to illogical people who lie and are wrong. I am working to adapt my brain to that, to anticipate their moves. To "open up their brains and start mindfucking them around the room," as my boss would put it.
It's a very strange world when you're made to interact with it.

·
黐線 ~Chiseen~
5,241 Posts
"What am I still doing here?" is a question I keep asking myself whenever I cycle around the same area / environment quite often.

and just recently, it made me question again... at my job, at my home, at my community... yet planning to move away has never been high on the priority agenda... I think I should change that sooner rather than later.

·
Maid of Time
549 sx/sp
14,749 Posts
My day-to-day list:

1. Why am I alive?
2. Is anything real, and does anything even matter?
3. How am I to keep myself from getting fired today?
4. What artistic project should I work on today, instead of just playing video games at night?
5. When will my cat stop being such an annoying sociopathic user, and why don't I know how to quit 'im?
6. What bill am I most likely to forget to pay today?

... but I'll try to come up with some specific topics of interest and post them later. It's obvious we're all pretty low-key here, and prone to goofy bouts of humor.

Where are my keys??
LOL.

For me, this morning, it was, "Hey, where are my sunglasses?"
(Followed by, "HEY, WHERE'S MY COFFEE???")

I think I left everything at home today. :confused:

I often ask myself what my parents did to deserve the best and most sexiest son on the planet.
Yeah. At core, we're all dreamers. :kitteh:

Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

I think I understand your brain a little bit better after reading this post.

(which, is to say, not at all...)

Reactions: that and qingdom

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
The question I ask myself most often - that I believe has had the most effect on my life to date - would be, "Is now the time to commit myself to this course of action?" As a dyed in the wool NP I routinely hold off making decisions that will close off other options or send me down a path in a relationship that might be irreversible.

Do I tell my significant other what I really think or feel about a certain situation or do I wait for a time when the outcome might be better? Is it worth suffering silently to preserve the peace or can I not take it anymore?

Do I take a job offer while I'm still waiting to hear back from something that I might like more?

Can I handle waiting to buy this expensive item when I might find a better price or option later or do I want the enjoyment from it now on the chance something better never comes along?

Do I want to get lunch here or take the chance of driving a little further to a place I like better even though there could be a long line?

Do I post this and risk judgment with the chance of being lauded for my opinion or just lurk and get no accolades whatsoever?

This kind of crap plagues me from the mundane to the life-altering on a daily basis. Sometimes it just freezes me and I regret not acting when I should have.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
8 hours ago: Do I really need to study 8 hours for the exam I'm writing tomorrow?
6 hours ago: Do I really need to study 6 hours for the exam I'm writing tomorrow?
4 hours ago: Do I really need to study 4 hours for the exam I'm writing tomorrow?
2 hours ago: Do I really need to study 2 hours for the exam I'm writing tomorrow?
Now: Do I really even need to study for the exam I'm writing tomorrow?

·
Registered
614 Posts
Do I actually have any friends or are they just acquaintances?
Would I have done better if at school and uni if I wasn't as smart but had a better work ethic?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.