Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
ENTP type 8w5
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It could be from video games, movies, books, even names of paintings, what are some words lined up together that have changed you, made you or even influenced the way you see the world

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
-Be still my soul
It's a hymn, from my mom's funeral when I was 11. I just like the simplicity of the words "be still", I"ve always found something about them comforting.

-What good is the warmth of summer without the cold of winter to give its sweetness
John Steinbeck

-Never mistake a person's meekness for weakness
I have no idea where I heard it. It's generic & idc.

-What do you do when the woman who took your breath away becomes a woman that makes you hold your breath in terror
From ozarks & idk why it's stuck with me because it's silly. I think it's just because it is a sad reality of so many marriages and I spend a lot of time thinking about what causes such drastic declines in relationships.

-The opposite of love is indifference
I hate this one because it's from some dumb song I can't remember, but it's been in my head a lot lately because it's currently evident in my life.

I could write pages on pages of lyrics. Music tends to have the biggest effect on me.

-Let's settle this on the trampoline
My daughter, to her brothers. Not even kidding I love this & think about it a lot because it 1) makes me giggle and 2) reminds me how fantastic & beautiful kids are when adults suck.

There's a bunch more, but these are the few that are coming to my head rn without really thinking about it.

·
Registered
INTP
1,738 Posts
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."
-Mark Twain

This one has been on my mind a lot lately as I watch current events unfold with the riots on the news and the unquestioning group think that's been going on everywhere online and on social media. So many people are just going along with the mob while not stopping to think about what anything means anymore. There is also a lot of threats from the mob that are so simplistic and thoughtless in nature, like telling people to say/do whatever thing or they are a "racist" even though whatever words or actions required are utterly meaningless in the grand scope of things, or are just a pathetic show of submission to the mob's pressure. People need to stop and think more.

They are just like sheep: they don't know where they are going but they are going there together. It's definitely not the most appealing position to be in...

·
Registered
11,249 Posts
"how many other guys know all the places to avoid in the city."

this was one line out of a whole crate full of hand-printed letters a stalker wrote to me 25 years ago. he had been a university friend but by the time all this came along ten years later he had gone out of his mind.

i was and still am implacable about him. not many things enrage me more than the memory of how readily he decided he WOULD respect 'no' when a judge told him leave me alone. but even so something about this line did tug at me. i thought he was being ironic and noir at first, but now i think it was probably literal truth. given the way life seems to be for the deinstitutionalized folks who are mentally ill around here.

Reactions: RedBlaur

·
Registered
ENTP type 8w5
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
“Do you think a pile of shit feels popular because it’s surrounded by flies”

This was from a video game surprisingly, when I heard it I was extremely popular at the time, my pursuit for popularity blinded me from how shitty I was acting because I was so thirsty for attention after years of being considered a loner and unattractive

·
Registered
Cringe Connoisseur
105 Posts
Reactions: RedBlaur

·
Registered
Enfp 7w8 ;p
165 Posts
"As I was walking out the door my doctor calls out "And lay of the dairy." like what kind of blanket sweep is that? And no more happiness" Brain Reagan "I walked on the moon"

It gets me everytime hahahaha

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
"Quotation is a serviceable substitute for wit" - Oscar Wilde
"There are those who would never have fallen in love had they never heard love being talked about." La Rochefoucauld
"A substance inherently isn't bad, what makes it detrimental is the amount and the relationship you have with the substance." -Midnight Gospel Glasses Guy.
"You miss all the shots you don't take".
"Can't love others until you love yourself"

Also not a quotation, but the expression 0 = (+1 ) -1

Reactions: cat-luveerr

·
Registered
INFP 4w5
1 Posts
"If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change." - Wayne Dyer
"The more I think about it, the more I realize there is nothing more artistic than to love others." - Van Gogh
"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all." - Oscar Wilde

·
Registered
INTP
21 Posts
It's a more funny picture than a real quote, but for some reason, it's close to my heart(?).
I think of it when I'm stuck with some problems that I cannot resolve.
rubiks.png

1 - 20 of 23 Posts