Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, ENFPs!

I'm just curious. Above all personality types, you ladies are the hardest to figure out. How do you normally act when in the presence of a guy that you have a crush on/romantically interested in? Assuming you don't know how he feels about you, are you more inclined to make advancements when he's nearby or do you typically act more reserved and quiet? Seemingly, male ENFPs are more prone to go after the girl they have a crush on, whereas I think female ENFPs are more reserved. Am I right or is my perception way off base?

It is said that ENFPs are naturally "flirty", which is why I'm having a hard time figuring you ladies out.

Cheers in advance! :cool:

·
Registered
562 Posts
Hard to read ?? lol I always feel like I'm an open book when it comes to seduction, and sometimes I wish I was more "mysterious" and challenging. Usually yes, I go after the guy I like, which doesn't mean I'm 100% confident... but curiosity pushes me to do that. Also, the fear of missing out, having regrets, not exploring the possibilities !
However, even though I take initiatives, my way of flirting isn't really obvious and many could think I'm just being friendly (except if the guy in question has a really high EQ and takes on subtle clues). I'm not straightforward, I prefer to keep things uncertain so my Ne can be "fed" with things to decipher and all.

·
Registered
272 Posts

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
The ENFP won't let go of you.

Reactions: NIHM

·
Registered
397 Posts
I'm pretty open about my feelings-- but I'll be REALLY REALLY honest, sometimes they change much like my interests. I'll be SUPER into someone then something happens and I'm suddenly not as interested-- and you kinda have to spark my interest again. And if you can do this over and over for a period of time, you'll have me hooked!

I know it's really annoying sometimes as we can be super flirty/fun/have a good time with just about anyone. I tend to compliment my guy friends and try to boost their self-confidence too-- which to some can come off as I'm interested but I'm not romantically-- I just see so much wonderful things in people! But with someone I like, I'm get all mushy inside and sometimes a bit nervous!

Also it infinitely helps if I'm around the person I like often, because I sometimes have this out-of-sight out-of-mind type thing going on. So if you ask me to hang out ALL the time, and I agree and I even go out of my way to do things for you/see you, then yeah I like you! Also, if you make a move, I shall reciprocate. With us, you can just ask! :)

·
Registered
397 Posts
I kind of feel like I gave you a really roundabout answer so I wanted to list a few things here:
1. We have a lot of friends/activities/things going on, so if we often invite you to come with and make you a part of our life, then there's a really good chance we like you more than just friends. Since we're pretty intuitive about the way people feel, we tend to draw boundaries with people we know that like us but we don't like them back.
2. We will be really good about responding to you/getting back to you/being reliable even though we naturally are doing a billion things and may not be the best at it.
3. We will almost ALWAYS agree to your invitations or rearrange our schedules to make it work if we can. Because duh, if we like you, we're trying to see you!!!
4. Eye contact-- I don't know any ENFPs shy about eye contact.
5. We will be really receptive to your touching/making a move.

·
Registered
ENFP-A - 2w3 - JEEP
5,153 Posts
She'll either do two things. Smack you upside the head with her Ne thoughts one night in a rambling mentions that she likes you OR if she doesn't know you very well and you're not yet friends she might become painfully shy. It depends if she knows you (like best friends) or if you're just an acquaintance. I become very awkward and shy around a male I've been noticing, especially if he starts to notice me back. It seems to be different though when I'm close friends with them.

When I'm in a relationship because I never cheat and I'm pretty devout is the time I lose my shyness and just can blurt out to the acquaintance male that hey did you know... {insert year} that I had a small crush on you? It's because I'm no longer interested in dating them that I can relay that information. Kind of like ha, this is what I was thinking and now I'm no longer shy of that information.

A nice demonstration of what I mentioned above. Actions I can say or do once I'm good friends with someone. This has to be a bonded friendship. This is when I know my weird brain won't make them run for the hills. I can pretty much eat, fart, burp, blabber, pee in front of you while blabbering, friendship. I have a way of not discriminating between my male friends and female friends so all are treated equally. Most importantly this is the side I can cry and become angry with a person. I don't do this with strangers.

My reaction to a crush I hardly know. I may be in the general area talking with a close friend at a party but fully focused on every word the crush will say. In the long term, I doubt my crushes ever know I had a crush until I let them know about it years later.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Hello, ENFPs!

I'm just curious. Above all personality types, you ladies are the hardest to figure out. How do you normally act when in the presence of a guy that you have a crush on/romantically interested in? Assuming you don't know how he feels about you, are you more inclined to make advancements when he's nearby or do you typically act more reserved and quiet? Seemingly, male ENFPs are more prone to go after the girl they have a crush on, whereas I think female ENFPs are more reserved. Am I right or is my perception way off base?

It is said that ENFPs are naturally "flirty", which is why I'm having a hard time figuring you ladies out.

Haha, if I like a person, you'll find me being very chatty and jokey, talking loudly and trying to find common ground with said person.

If I *really* like a person, you'll find me running off, being awkward, probably tripping over something and avoiding conversation incase I make a fool of myself... My Ne and Fi become a tumbling mess and I want to say so many things, that I end up saying nothing at all. I feel so many things, that I'm not able to express any of them.

I would probably only be able to talk to that person in a normal manner when I'm drunk. And then I would be very smiley and friendly indeed.

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
Use your INFJ seductive powers and let us know what happens... a lot of us are fully invested in watching the two types figure it out— I get totally interested and swooney about this pairing and I demand someone write a ENFP-INFJ romance novel that takes place during the Civil War right now! Maybe I can work on this.
Also I want to know what it is like inside of these marriages! !!!! !!! !!!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Use your INFJ seductive powers and let us know what happens... a lot of us are fully invested in watching the two types figure it out— I get totally interested and swooney about this pairing and I demand someone write a ENFP-INFJ romance novel that takes place during the Civil War right now! Maybe I can work on this.
Lol! It's like a soap opera, isn't it? Like a lot of INFJs, I'm a writer by trade. I'm actually due to finish writing my second novel by Summer. However, an ENFP/INFJ historical romance set in Civil War times sounds interesting indeed. Maybe I'll have to give that some thought . . . :eek:h:

I am surprised just how great the chemistry is between these two types, whether platonic or romance.

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
@ShadowedWords please send the name of your 1st novel to me in a pm if you are willing. Also the Holocost works for me or any interesting dramatic bit of history. Let me know! Lol.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hello, ENFPs!

haha I first registered here because I had a crush on a INFP and I wanted to figure out his feelings. Finger crossed with an ENFP it should be much easier!
I guess a general rule is always she acts a bit differently in front of you :)

Reactions: Llyralen

·
Registered
152 Posts
We seriously need to friend each other on goodreads. I mean really seriously.

Reactions: Llyralen

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
@hugh315 I’m up for Goodreads, although I haven’t posted there much...

·
Registered
ESTJ
3,002 Posts
Just take us at face value! @Surreal Snake was both hilarious and accurate in his response lol.

-Sure we're flirty, but there's a difference. There is shallow flirting and there is the smitten flirting. You will catch on to the difference pretty quickly, being the sharp INFJ that you are. ;)

-We literally won't let go of you. We want to do everything with you, spend every minute with you, know your values, thoughts, how you feel about this and that.

-We worry over you, fret over you, want to be there to give you comfort and support. We want to be the backbone you can lean back on. We want to be there through good and bad times for you.

-Adventuring! Intellectually curious. Constantly eager to hold stimulating conversations with you.

-Sexy times! We fantasize about what it's like to be in bed with you. We want to do sensual things and please you. And yes. I'm this straightforward and if he were comfortable, I would say all this to him. (sigh)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Initially I’ll approach you if you haven’t approached me....Every time I see you.😁
I’ll start reaching out to you via text or social media. This is to include in whatever thought I have in the moment. Sharing experiences, thoughts etc is my way of building connections or bonds with you. I want to know you more if I am interested. I tend to go against the dating advice to play hard to get and take it slow. If I like you, I want to go in full force to see if it works. My attitude is that if it’s a good fit, we will click right away and go from there and can then slow down to a lazy pace. I don’t want to waste time and energy taking it slow to only find out 4 months down the road that we don’t “click”. I say it’s better to know right away. Remember, ENFP works off intuition, gut feelings and patterns. If we “feel it” that’s good enough for us to jump in.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am a female ENFP and I honestly don't know, but my friends tell me that I am really obvious to them on whether or not I like someone.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts