Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fellow ENFP's, the name is zombob. first day here. hope youre all doin good! so what are the best games for ENFP's? what are your favorite games, video or not, role-playing or board?

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Among computer games - definitely large openworld and open-ended games as they remind that browsing and exploring we do in our minds most of the time :) Ie Skyrim, Fallout series, Red Dead Redemption, Farcry series and so on. Overly story based games tend to be too limiting for me personally as they say what you have to do in linear fashion.

Definitely single-player games for me as multiplayer requires too much communication with other unknown players (remember, we're often ambiverts not always social :) ) and you can't bend the world according to your imagination (something to do with Fi I guess).

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
My taste in games are pretty broad and I have different ideas as to why I like different genres. I like open world games like @tarmonk but I haven't played a proper one in a long time. I gave up on the genre before the Witcher 3... I mean really. I can't dedicate myself to that many hours anymore, feels like a waste. I don't regret it, even though Witcher is the most influential game in the games industry. I don't need to play the game to recognise what games have been influenced by it, even final fantasy XV you could see the influence and after the Witcher the graphics and animation of every game was no longer good enough. Skyrim was good, Arkham games were great. I'll get Spider-Man soon... Reminds me of playing Spiderman on the Xbox, those were some good hours spent as a kid.

I love linear story based games but branching endings make it all the better. Games like Heavy Rain, Life is Strange, Mass Effect and Until Dawn were some of the greatest.

I love Naughty Dog games like The Last of Us and Uncharted. Very linear and it's more like playing through a movie than a game but they are so beautifully executed.

I love aesthetic games too although it's rare to come across them. Journey is one of my all time favourites and really is an inspiration to me. I don't think I've ever been so emotionally moved by other games. I tried to make games like journey. It's a difficult balance.

I also play games as a social thing. Best thing is tabletop but overwatch too a lot recently. Good old D&D 5e is normally the go to but I've been trying to play out tabletop systems. Boardgames are great fun. I like the ones which inspire stories or some kind of social element like a game like werewolf where you have to lie to your friends. Secret Hitler was a good one for that. Tales of Arabian Nights was the greatest boardgame for stories, kind of like a choose your own adventure game with thousands of paths. Sherlock Holmes boardgame is the only one I can get my parents involved in, solving a mystery. We're terrible at it though.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
For video games I like psychological horror and survival horror the best. Games like Silent Hill, Resident Evil (pre RE 4, but incl. RE 7), and Fatal Frame. I also really like medical or forensic themed games even though they're generally considered crap: the CSI series of licenced games, Trauma Center, Trauma Team. I'm also a big Zelda fan.

For board games I'm spoiled with a friend and my podcasting buddy who is big into the board game hobby with about 150 games and counting. My favorites include Axis and Allies Global 1940, Splendor, Black Orchestra, and Magic The Gathering.

D&D is fun though I play it to act not really fight or adventure.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I don't think I'm interested in card games as a whole but I really enjoyed Poker and I've only played it once.

I like active team sports games such as Basketball, Soccer, Volleyball and Dodgeball. Not Baseball, I find Baseball too boring with the long wait times between the actual playing of the game.

I loved playing Monopoly as a kid and I love Axis & Allies. I haven't had the opportunity to try other strategy games like Axis & Allies but I would love to try others.

I also love open world pc games but I also love survival, single + multiplayer, story rich ones with multiple possible endings, indie games, rogue-likes, final fantasy series. My favorite games are Slaves to Armok: God of Blood (Dwarf Fortress), Elona Plus, Haven & Hearth and X-Com:UFO Defense.

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
For video games I like psychological horror and survival horror the best. Games like Silent Hill, Resident Evil (pre RE 4, but incl. RE 7), and Fatal Frame. I also really like medical or forensic themed games even though they're generally considered crap: the CSI series of licenced games, Trauma Center, Trauma Team. I'm also a big Zelda fan.
Have you played Hellblade: Senua's sacrifice? I like it more as a conceptual game but it certainly fits into the horror genre.

For board games I'm spoiled with a friend and my podcasting buddy who is big into the board game hobby with about 150 games and counting.
Damn and I was struggling with storage for my 20+ boardgames...

Magic The Gathering.
Dangerous one. I got hooked. It's like crack. Maybe slightly more expensive... haha.

D&D is fun though I play it to act not really fight or adventure.
Same. Although it's more about the stories. I zone out as soon as it's about rolling dice and fighting.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Have you played Hellblade: Senua's sacrifice? I like it more as a conceptual game but it certainly fits into the horror genre.
Dangerous one. I got hooked. It's like crack. Maybe slightly more expensive... haha.
Haven't played Hellblade but now I'm intrigued...

What type of decks did you play in Magic?

I have dozens I could make. But the cards overlap a lot so only a few decks are together at a time. My best would be red goblins, black/red vampires, and my green/red Gruul deck.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I play on my computer, and I'm a huge fan of civilization/strategy games. I recently bought Anno 2070 which seems pretty good, but I haven't really had the time to play it. I also love adventure games. Anyway, not too much action, I prefer a contemplative & reflective gameplay.
My all time favorite games :

- Age of Empires II
- All the Tomb Raider series ♥
- Hearthstone
- Diablo II
- Starcraft
- Dune 2000
- Jazz Jackrabbit 2
- The Sims 3 - mostly for building houses and designing interiors ♥

I'd play Assassin's Creed Origins & Odyssey if I had a powerful gaming PC, and if I didn't care about my social life & being productive.

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
I like strategy with a slice of psychology. That's my winning formula.

So with card games it would be poker, boardgames it would be risk, computer games I like Starcraft and Dota.

I like games where I can psychologically profile players with limited time, and adjust my strategy accordingly. I've developed my Te to the point now where I am pretty strongly unbiased and clinical in how I view people when it comes to strategy.

Honestly, I think I can easily see myself going into business in some form in the future, it's really very similar.

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
Haven't played Hellblade but now I'm intrigued...

What type of decks did you play in Magic?

I have dozens I could make. But the cards overlap a lot so only a few decks are together at a time. My best would be red goblins, black/red vampires, and my green/red Gruul deck.
I had many decks. I had a lot which revolved around graveyards. I had a green/blue hand size deck which revolved around unlimited hand size, draw cards and creatures that power and toughness were equal to the number of cards in my hand. If for some reason that wasn't enough I would mill myself out and had that one zombie creature that said I would win the game if I could not draw any more cards. It wasn't the most efficient but it was fun. I had a sacrifice black/white token deck which was vicious, made of mostly humans and demons, creatures that required human sacrifice as an extra cost but it was hard to beat. I had a commander/EDH deck that revolved around Bruna, Light of Alabaster, an angel who absorbs all enchantments from my hand, all graveyards and the field. She was OP too. Really all of my decks had a theme of being a slow build up to the point of being unstoppable, with one power hitter of ridiculous effects, basically you shouldn't let me have any fun if you wanted to defeat me but none of my friends ran haste decks, ha, you play mostly red, you could beat me. I always wanted to create a chaos deck... one that had no intention of winning but messed up the field and ruined anyone's chance for strategy, randomising everything but I never quite found the time and money to piece it together.

And Hellblade is great.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
I play on my computer, and I'm a huge fan of civilization/strategy games. I recently bought Anno 2070 which seems pretty good, but I haven't really had the time to play it. I also love adventure games. Anyway, not too much action, I prefer a contemplative & reflective gameplay.

- Age of Empires II
- Hearthstone
- Diablo II
- Starcraft
- Dune 2000
- Jazz Jackrabbit 2

I'd play Assassin's Creed Origins & Odyssey if I had a powerful gaming PC, and if I didn't care about my social life & being productive.
+1 on all of that. You've hit my niche right on the head. I'd add to that AOE III with all the expansions, Civ 5, and Fire Emblem:Sacred Stones that I used to play on gba pc emulator, just the thrill of improving your characters and the chance of them being lost for the rest of the game when getting killed was worth the time. And Pokemon when I was younger, I stopped after Soul Silver.

I also love Journey as @Falling Foxes mentioned

·
Registered
158 Posts

- Age of Empires II
- Hearthstone
- Diablo II
- Starcraft
- Dune 2000
- Jazz Jackrabbit 2

Yeah, I love games like AoE, Starcraft and Civ too! I especially love Sims 3 as well. I can't seem to like Sims 4, I don't like how cartoonish the sims look but I do think it was a wise choice for them to design them that way.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
My taste in games are pretty broad and I have different ideas as to why I like different genres. I like open world games like tarmonk but I haven't played a proper one in a long time. I gave up on the genre before the Witcher 3... I mean really. I can't dedicate myself to that many hours anymore, feels like a waste. I don't regret it, even though Witcher is the most influential game in the games industry.
Yep, actually I have similar struggle - although I'd prefer those openworld ones, the trouble is that the ones which are interesting enough for me and suitable for my taste, come out very rarely.

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
We'd see lol. Yes, red is my favorite colour in Magic. Speed, impulsiveness, raw power, intentional, simple. I just love red.
I guess Blue is my favourite. Strategy, synergy, control. Magic is like a Rube Goldberg machine for me. Red I never made a deck with. Damn it. Talking about magic is making me want to try it again.

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
RISK.

I have a kickass ESL lesson idea ready for an advanced class tomorrow which I hope will be fun as hell. So they work at a technological firm so they are all very logically minded. With advanced learners you generally want to encourage discussion, but I have found that ethical discussions and historical discussions bore them eventually. It's a very NT class.

Last week my lesson sucked ass so I'm coming in hot this time around. I have a tedtalk ready on game theory and warfare, some activities/discussion questions on current affairs, then Imma have multiplayer hotseat RISK downloaded and ready to play because I know that game has a huge factor of game theory involved, and there will be some english banter flying around since it's an all-male class.

I know it's not that complicated, but damn my Ne is good sometimes.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Goddamn, I damn my current taste about the computer games :D Wish I had any computer games in my childhood when computers were rare in our country and I only got a achance to play some trivial 8-bit games at my friend's place. But now when one is working and has even some spare money to spend on the games, there's so little releases according to my taste. Looks like "first world" problems :D

Yet I have to admit many of those golden oldies gave waaaayyy more feelings than those hi-graphics ones nowadays. Minutes of waiting to load from cassette tape, endless loading errors and then that blessing effect from getting the game loaded - mmmm :) And no savegames! I sometimes play them again for nostalgia using emulators (zx spectrum, atari 8bit). Khmkhm which reminds me I'm probably "old" :D

It's amazing what they did with kilobytes of RAM and only couple MHz of CPU those times :)

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
Goddamn, I damn my current taste about the computer games :D Wish I had any computer games in my childhood when computers were rare in our country and I only got a achance to play some trivial 8-bit games at my friend's place. But now when one is working and has even some spare money to spend on the games, there's so little releases according to my taste. Looks like "first world" problems :D

Yet I have to admit many of those golden oldies gave waaaayyy more feelings than those hi-graphics ones nowadays. Minutes of waiting to load from cassette tape, endless loading errors and then that blessing effect from getting the game loaded - mmmm :) And no savegames! I sometimes play them again for nostalgia using emulators (zx spectrum, atari 8bit). Khmkhm which reminds me I'm probably "old" :D

It's amazing what they did with kilobytes of RAM and only couple MHz of CPU those times :)
If your taste is "nostalgia" then it's a pretty tough genre to buy. But there are plenty of indie games with nostalgia feel to them if you know what you are looking for.

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
Just spent the last few hours playing Life is Strange 2 episode 1... Yup, I'm in love. Didn't think it was possible for it to create something just as beautiful. Didn't cry but, y'know, it was still moving.

In other news there is only one game that I go back to play on repeat for nostalgia purposes and that's Jet Set Radio. I dunno what it is about the neon skating graffitti music game that draws me back everytime. It's not the genre I ever expected to be hooked on but, yeah, it's great.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
If your taste is "nostalgia" then it's a pretty tough genre to buy. But there are plenty of indie games with nostalgia feel to them if you know what you are looking for.
Nope, it isn't my taste :) Just recalled those days for a while where there wasn't any issue to find a good game according to my tastes like today.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts