Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Along with ESTPs, ESTJs are the type that seem to be so confident and determined in what they're doing that sometimes it seems like they don't have a lot of problems.

Now, I know this isn't true...everyone has problems in some form or fashion. But with ESTJs, it always seems like they're constantly working through problems that you never really hear about what they are. Since ESTJs don't really stop to talk about their problems, it seems like it's hard to get inside the head of an ESTJ to see what their problems are.

I think what also contributes to this is that ESTJs are strong leaders and are often trying to help others or solve others' problems. They don't seem to want to admit their mistakes as much because it makes them seem vulnerable.

So I'm just curious to hear from ESTJs what problems you do face, even if you'd rather work through them than talk about them. It gives me a deeper insight into ESTJs' lives.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Along with ESTPs, ESTJs are the type that seem to be so confident and determined in what they're doing that sometimes it seems like they don't have a lot of problems.

Now, I know this isn't true...everyone has problems in some form or fashion. But with ESTJs, it always seems like they're constantly working through problems that you never really hear about what they are. Since ESTJs don't really stop to talk about their problems, it seems like it's hard to get inside the head of an ESTJ to see what their problems are.

I think what also contributes to this is that ESTJs are strong leaders and are often trying to help others or solve others' problems. They don't seem to want to admit their mistakes as much because it makes them seem vulnerable.

So I'm just curious to hear from ESTJs what problems you do face, even if you'd rather work through them than talk about them. It gives me a deeper insight into ESTJs' lives.
Wow, seems like nobody is replying, so maybe I can try...
I can be a bit of both, talking out my problem and sorting out in my own head. Depends on the situation. But I usually have 1-2 best cloest friends that I will talk to when I have a problem. I just need them to listen and I can figure out the solution maybe after I actually tell them, Haha sounds so strange but true... so many times I get an answer to my question after just by saying it out to a friend. :proud:

Yes, I think it is more difficult to admit to mistake but I guess we are not the worst of the type I have obereve other types in my office and one particular type turn out a little ..defensive/offensive... (not going to name). But yea, we can just keep quite but knowing its my fault. Yes, I feel more vulnerable during those times so best is not to say anything to us good or bad, just let this dissolve in us first.

Its not hard to understand a ESTJ, we are very direct people and drama free. You have questions just ask and we like that rather than guessing and wondering.:happy:

Reactions: teddy564339

·
Registered
112 Posts
"Along with ESTPs, ESTJs are the type that seem to be so confident and determined in what they're doing that sometimes it seems like they don't have a lot of problems."

I don't have that much problems really. For me problems are like downloads, it takes time and I see the progress of a problem being neutralized. By seeing problems that way, you see it getting solved or worked on. So you'll believed that eventually it IS going to be solved.

"Now, I know this isn't true...everyone has problems in some form or fashion. But with ESTJs, it always seems like they're constantly working through problems that you never really hear about what they are. Since ESTJs don't really stop to talk about their problems, it seems like it's hard to get inside the head of an ESTJ to see what their problems are."

I would like to talk about my problems every once in a while, y'know, to let it out, but if I don't, it's because I'd rather focus on solving it. For me talking about my issues is like I'm asking for help. I worry that's what people think anyway. I care that people don't think I'm weak. If I do talk about it though, it's probably difficult for me to solve so I need to let it out a little to focus on it again or I trust you.

"So I'm just curious to hear from ESTJs what problems you do face, even if you'd rather work through them than talk about them. It gives me a deeper insight into ESTJs' lives."

For me the main problem is stability. In like, anything. A friend is having issues, I fear for their inner peace and I want to do what I can to get it back for them. Family fighting each other, keeping them from hating each other and fighting more than they have already and from anyone losing their inner peace because of misunderstandings or personality traits. People misunderstanding me or people who are in my opinion too sensitive and end up lashing out at me. It's frustrating. I just want what's good for people, but people don't seem to see what I do nor can I seem to convince them something is good for them.

Stability in myself is an issue right now, but only until I get myself my own place, which is soon, and lock myself up away from everything. I need to relax.

Other than that I'm good.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am an ESTJ but whenever I have a problem I don't talk it out. I don't want people to think that I am weak. I really like helping others and if possible create or give solutions to other people's problem

·
Registered
184 Posts
I don't think about my problems unless I have to. I get frustrated at my own tempermentalness. I think we have more introverted feelings then we really show, and sometimes that can be problematic, even if I act on none of them. I think I can be more self critical then a lot of people would surmise.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am a ESTJ, and I am an also a 2-6-1 enneagram tritype. While I agree that I am not going to wear my problems on my sleeve (disclose them or even let me appear not 100% on top of me game) to the average person, my support network is WELL aware of my issues around worthiness and anxiety (from my 2 and 6 in the enneagram). I used to power through a lot of negative emotion until I realized it wasn't healthy. So yes, I think as action-oriented problem solver we solve problems faster than the average person. All my partners and friends will say, that I'm quick to change my behavior if it is to be the type of partner/friend I want to be. If you have no problems, how can you grow? I'm always on the look-out for possible problems that may come up to mitigate and learn from them.

So to answer your question, I think my biggest problem is that I'm such a problem solver. Sometimes people just want to be heard and vent and not for you to solve their problems. I find it hard to empathize with people who aren't are like me and aren't motivated to take control of their lives as much as possible. I have also been told I can be clinical in how I handle emotions and relationships, breaking up with people by listing a series of logical conclusions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts