Personality Cafe banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let say you know person A, who've always called you by a special nickname. One day they suddenly call you by your real first name and you freak out. They then proceed to tell you that they've got the wrong number and hung up to call you back again. They then tell you that they got the wrong number because they also have another friend with the same name and similar cell phone number, who is also the same sex. What are the chances of this happening in real life and does it mean anything?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Chances are huge :)
I think he/she had your name in the contacts but just used your nickname in conversations, then if there's someone with same name it's easy to pick the wrong number from the list. What does it mean? Your friend is not good at organizing contacts :D

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chances are huge :)
I think he/she had your name in the contacts but just used your nickname in conversations, then if there's someone with same name it's easy to pick the wrong number from the list. What does it mean? Your friend is not good at organizing contacts :D
She is a major organizer, after all she's a ISxJ. She also gave me the impression of not having my number stored. Also my number is quite different compare to her friends since I have a different area code and everything. Forgot to mention that friend, whether they exist or not is also happen to be the same sex.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
How did their voice sound? Give more details.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was like normal? I said hi and she responded naturally with my real name and sounded like she expected me? But when I freaked out over her calling me by my real name she became groggy? and said she got the wrong number then everything seems like she was having a long, bad day and such and she switched subject to her job and such. Honestly that's the best I can remember. I was too focus on the whole she was calling me by my first name to remember everything else in details.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Does she call you much? It was probably just a mistake.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does she call you much? It was probably just a mistake.
No we're getting to know each other in a sense. We used to know each other but we stopped talking for awhile.

You're overthinking this.
Maybe. Though awhile after she got mad I think (I can never tell if girls are mad for real or not), and mentioned how she doesn't know what to call me and the nickname thing just doesn't feel right. So I want to know real factual data of the chances of this happening. I want to know if all or most girls do this or not.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Maybe. Though awhile after she got mad I think (I can never tell if girls are mad for real or not), and mentioned how she doesn't know what to call me and the nickname thing just doesn't feel right. So I want to know real factual data of the chances of this happening. I want to know if all or most girls do this or not.
That's exactly what overthinking means. You're clearly interested in her, if you're wondering if she is too, you're not going to "figure it out". In NT terms, there isn't enough data to reach a conclusion, you gotta go empirical here. All you can do is find your own low-key way of expressing interest and see if she seems to reciprocate.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's exactly what overthinking means. You're clearly interested in her, if you're wondering if she is too, you're not going to "figure it out". In NT terms, there isn't enough data to reach a conclusion, you gotta go empirical here. All you can do is find your own low-key way of expressing interest and see if she seems to reciprocate.
Not computing. I care for the real answer to that situation. Did she truly made a mistake or was she trying to get closer by calling me by my first name. It's not really about my interests in her or not. I like her (not sure what kind of liking) and we had a past that's clear. In a way I do care to know if she loves me in the long run but for now, that event piqued my curiosity.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Is your name John? Then it's coincidence.

Is you name Alhambra? Might be something.

Relevant questions.

Reactions: twoofthree

·
Registered
147 Posts
She probably called you by your real name because she had just seen it on her contacts list when she mistakenly called you. Don't let your intuition run away with you, son.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
She probably called you by your real name because she had just seen it on her contacts list when she mistakenly called you. Don't let your intuition run away with you, son.
Hmm so you would say there's slim to zero chance she would know 2 people, who are the same sex with the same name, who also happen to have the same numbers?

·
Registered
980 Posts
Perhaps because you freaked out when she used your name she felt that she needed to take it back some how? You shouldn't have freaked out...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts