Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
659 Posts
Well the physical have a causal relationship to the other observed differences and so they cant be totally separated.

Differences in hormone production inform behaviour, differences in brain development (inter Vs intra hemispherical connectivity) effects many things - even our eyes are different. Truly.

Society also plays a role though there's a modern tendency for scientific denialism that overplays the influence of the social element - but it is there.

And of course there is some gradation and overlap in some cases.

But to answer your question, just a handful of points of the top of my head;

- women have better colour vision and a wider field of vision

- Men see better in the dark

- Men have thicker skin, women have great range of motion and joint elasticity

- IN GENERAL, children in gender neutral settings still conform with gender roles in play. Boys favouring systemisation with girls favouring inter personal interaction

- males tend to display more aggression and competetiveness

- differences in interest and preference surrounds us. Male and female interest magazines are almost entirely staffed and produced by people of the corresponding sex and the differences in their field of focus are pretty clear. Each area of us interest corresponds that that sexes generally observed adaptations - women enjoy fashion, utilising superior colour vision and pattern recognition. Men prefer sports content - appealing to competetive tendencies for example.

- women are better able to mirror in social situations and tend to use a wider vocabulary.

- natural adaptations also manifest in handwriting that can be 'sexed' by casual observers.

There are many more but none of them need hold either sex back. We are different but we are also equal.

·
King of Swing
8,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It’s all a generalization
The whole point of the thread is to 9ive us a better understandin9 of the differences from people who know some differences. We can then combine, compare, contrast, form our own opinions, and see if they occur in real life. Yes, I could 9oo9le it, but I'm social. It's really fun. I really like learnin9 from the people here.

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts