Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a libertarian with some conservative views, I've been an admirer of congressman Ron Paul.

I believe in personal freedom and that government should stay the hell outta my life.

Some would call me a "conspiracy theorist" since I occasionally talk about a new world order (it does exist do your research!) and am a critic of the federal reserve system.

Im curious though what are the general view points of other ENFP's? Left? Right? Authortarian? Libertarian?

I am curious to know.

·
Registered
638 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've seen it. :laughing:

btw, are we not supposed to talk about politics here? if so I apologize although I wasn't planning on getting in depth, or in any debates, I was simply curious just for curiousity's sake.

·
Registered
638 Posts
I dunno, I've stayed away from the subject because people get pretty aroused by it, including myself. I've learnt to keep my mouth shut before I'm kneeling on the table jabbing someone in the chest with my index finger to get a point across...:dry:

But I can't say I'm a really deep believer in zeitgeist, but I very much agree with the whole 'profit is life' as being very damaging to the world and our souls.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dunno, I've stayed away from the subject because people get pretty aroused by it, including myself. I've learnt to keep my mouth shut before I'm kneeling on the table jabbing someone in the chest with my index finger to get a point across...:dry:

But I can't say I'm a really deep believer in zeitgeist, but I very much agree with the whole 'profit is life' as being very damaging to the world and our souls.
Meh, let people get angry, once I got in trouble for discussing politics to customers while at work, apparently I made someone mad. :laughing:

·
Registered
102 Posts
hmm, left wing in the USA would be considered moderately right wing here in the Netherlands...
Guess I'm in the middle, social liberal. You can do whatéver you want, based on your own responsibility, as long as there's good health care and social care for everyone, and progressive taxes. It's a stupid idea that everyone can earn a living when they try hard enough, you have to help the people that can't manage as long as they're trying.
Very important is some kind of bonding between the people, we have some "politicians" like Geert Wilders, his political views are creating a divide between the dutch people and the muslim immigrants in our country. First thing the new government should do is creating some proper mutual trust.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Anarcho-capitalist. I think UHC is immoral; health care is not a right, you can not have a right to the labors of another individual. More people should be put to death... and much much faster. The government should be extremely minimal dealing only with the protection of rights and extreme emergencies. I'm also pretty close to considering indoctrinating children in any type of religious view to be child abuse.

But I love you and you and you. Really.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
I'm a libertarian with some conservative views, I've been an admirer of congressman Ron Paul.

I believe in personal freedom and that government should stay the hell outta my life.

Some would call me a "conspiracy theorist" since I occasionally talk about a new world order (it does exist do your research!) and am a critic of the federal reserve system.

Im curious though what are the general view points of other ENFP's? Left? Right? Authortarian? Libertarian?

I am curious to know.
I'm pretty far to the left myself. I'm a big supporter of gay marriage, and I think that voting for someone because of their religious views is ridiculous. Oh yea, and I think it'd be nice if separation between church and state actually existed.

Reactions: Kes and Musikaman

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I believe in god my self but I would never vote for someone just because they "claim" to be religious, most of them who say they are religious are lying just to manipulate people into voting for them, besides bush pretended to be religious and we all know how that worked out.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
I believe in god my self but I would never vote for someone just because they "claim" to be religious, most of them who say they are religious are lying just to manipulate people into voting for them, besides bush pretended to be religious and we all know how that worked out.
My family is extremely catholic and since I live with them I'm forced to go to church every sunday. During every election season we're constantly preached to about how we HAVE to vote-pro life (AKA republican) because it's what the church wants us to do. And now that a democrat's in office all we hear about every sunday is how bad Obama and the world are, and how we must oppose him and all his policies because he's pro-choice. It ticks me off. These morons don't even realize that the president has NO CONTROL over Roe v. Wade; that's the supreme court's arena. I can't tell you how much I hate listening to some old man tell me how to vote and how bad I am for supporting Obama every single sunday.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My family is extremely catholic and since I live with them I'm forced to go to church every sunday. During every election season we're constantly preached to about how we HAVE to vote-pro life (AKA republican) because it's what the church wants us to do. And now that a democrat's in office all we hear about every sunday is how bad Obama and the world are, and how we must oppose him and all his policies because he's pro-choice. It ticks me off. These morons don't even realize that the president has NO CONTROL over Roe v. Wade; that's the supreme court's arena. I can't tell you how much I hate listening to some old man tell me how to vote and how bad I am for supporting Obama every single sunday.
Well I personally can't stand Obama, I think abortion should be up to the states, so the abortion thing isn't the main reason I don't like Obama, it more or less has to do with Economic policies and Expansion of government which I consider intrusive. (although I thought the same thing about Bush)

Personally I think people shoulden't base their votes on issues like abortion/gay marriage since IMHO it doesn't effect the country as a whole that much compared to economic policies... :/

·
Registered
19 Posts
I voted for Obama... and even though he is worthy of much criticism at the moment, I'm pretty glad I voted for him. My current job is a direct result of the federal stimulus, in the form of a National Institutes of Health grant at a neuroscience lab at a University. I spent over a year searching for a good research job when I finished college and I finally got one and can pay off my student loans without serving food or cleaning houses!!

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'm pretty far to the left myself. I'm a big supporter of gay marriage, and I think that voting for someone because of their religious views is ridiculous. Oh yea, and I think it'd be nice if separation between church and state actually existed.
Wow man! :shocked:
Really, no offense, with the greatest respect to all of you, but we don't even think about that here anymore, those things you're against are considered medieval here man!

(Well, let me nuance that, we dó have a relatively big christian party in the Netherlands, but it's the ideas (in line with christian values) that get the votes. No-one's pretending to be christian here in order to get votes. )

(let me nuance that too, there's still a lot of óther pretending going on in our politics anyway:wink:)

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
I understand that many people don't like Obama, and that's fine. But I sure as hell (I guess I'll be there) don't want to have some priest tell me which political candidates to vote for and which issues to support.

Oh and Funky, I'm well aware of the bigotry and primitive nature that exists in the "land of the free." I'm exposed to it every goddamn sunday.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I've watched that movie, Jesus Camp, about radical christians in the US.
Not saying that the church you visit is that radical, or that many churches are that radical, but it's so damn intriguing (for an outsider) to see what's going on there. It shows that kind of militant closed-mindedness what you're talking about I guess... :mellow:

Do you still feel accepted while rejecting the doctrines of your church? I mean, by your parents for instance.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts