Personality Cafe banner
41 - 60 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
IEE
6,559 Posts
Time after time I get into this movie with the intention of typing characters but 2 hours later I'm like "Wow, it's ended... What was I supposed to do?"

Changed my point on some yet again, thus far:

Peter ENTP, tert Fe not Fi. Si is there sure as fuck, people why are you discarding all of it in a favor of Se-ing action hero stereotype?

Rocket - this time I'm pretty sure on any Fx being last and Se there. Thus ISTP or ENTJ. His plans are stream-lined and reality-based. Even though sometimes rush.

Gamora - I still can't decide. Definitely not any kind of bottom sensing function. I think she uses Fe.

Nebula - I thought INTJ but then I thought again and bottom Se doesn't work for her either. >_>''''''

Groot - I still think ISFP. >_<

Ronan - ISTJ. Don't see tert Ne there. Lead by Si.

Drax - now this one is divided... I still think xSTP. I see Se in this guy. >_<' I thought introverted initially. But come on, the guy is so rush and into smashing things. Don't attribute him missing on Peter's metaphors to Si-Te. Bottom Ni could do that very well too. Not to mention that Peter's metaphors are reference to some Earth Western pop culture shit that I had to Google. I do get where ISTJ point comes from (vengeance, fixation on past tragedy and on beating Ronan) but Se (& Fe! yeah!) makes more sense for me. For now. :|

·
Registered
IEE
6,559 Posts
Rocket Raccoon is Te and Se in some order. ESFP or ENTJ. Where do people see the Ti?
You were so right. Te Fi, zero Fe.

Rocket - ENTJ (Te-Fi last, bless this furry bastard)
Gamora - ISTP (idk why I couldn't figure this one out)
Peter - ENTP (Ne dom, he is Si-ing through the entire movie. Ne-tert Fe during quote-unquote inspiring speeches. At no point he shows strong internal ethics core. No, "I am one of the idiots who lives in it" is not a demonstration of how "selfish Fi" works.)
Groot - ISFP-ish (Tree. IMO ISFP fits the best. Chill dude)
Drax - STP (Se dom more likely than Ti - most impulsive out of them all, though his Fe is shit. I thought ESFP for some time)
Ronan - ISTJ (Si dom, Ne inferior not Fi)
Yondu - ESTP (pretty much everyone sees it. Clever bastard.)

Nebula - some TJ. I'm not so sure about Sensing-last INTJ for her. STJ?

Reactions: ChaotiCookie

·
Registered
365 Posts
Nope. No Ne in Peter. He has got to be an ESTP. He lacks Ne. I could see ENTP for the raccoon. He sees all kinds of possibilities. But the main character doesn't see possibilities. He only see's what is right in front of him. I don't think Starlord is an ESTP in the comic, but in the movie, they portray him as an ESTP.

·
Registered
IEE
6,559 Posts
Nope. No Ne in Peter. He has got to be an ESTP. He lacks Ne. I could see ENTP for the raccoon. He sees all kinds of possibilities. But the main character doesn't see possibilities. He only see's what is right in front of him. I don't think Starlord is an ESTP in the comic, but in the movie, they portray him as an ESTP.
He is using Si heavily in all the extreme nostalgia and constant referencing everything to something from the past. And furry demon is a complete Te & Fi with heavy Se. Raccoon does no Ne whatsoever. His entire plan of going out of the prison is Te-Ni-Se fest.

·
Registered
IEE
6,559 Posts
He's running into his past. Who wouldn't be nostalgic? That's not what Si is about.
? Running into his past?

"That's not what Si is about."
That what inferior/tert Si is about.

·
Registered
IEE
6,559 Posts
Did you watch the movie?
What do you mean by running into the past? He is a space pirate, owns a space ship, fucks alien chicks, one-ups his boss and so on, all the while modeling himself after pop culture icons and constantly making references to some 80s pop culture shit. Replaying his mix tape. Sentimental value. Didn't open a present but still kept it. Cassette player on the ship. Went back to a prison to get his Walkman back. Also, the dance off. So on. How does it coincide with Se--Ni and not Ne--Si?

Peter Quill - ENTP
Rocket - so ESTP it hurts
Gamora - ISTP
Drax - ISTP
Groot - ISFJ (the nurturer/defender)
Ronan - ISTJ
Yondu - another obvious ESTP
There's no Fe in Rocket. God forbid, tert Fe.

·
Registered
365 Posts
What do you mean by running into the past? He is a space pirate, owns a space ship, fucks alien chicks, one-ups his boss and so on, all the while modeling himself after pop culture icons and constantly making references to some 80s pop culture shit. Replaying his mix tape. Sentimental value. Didn't open a present but still kept it. Cassette player on the ship. Went back to a prison to get his Walkman back. Also, the dance off. So on. How does it coincide with Se--Ni and not Ne--Si?
Running into the Ravagers and people touching his walkman and present and he's dealing with something that could end the Universe, that's going to make you self-reflect. That all still fits with an ESTP. And there's nothing in there that suggests Si. I'm looking back over ENTP's and there's nothing there that suggests they are more stuck in the past than your average ESTP. If he had Ne, he'd be coming up with the plans and not Rocket. If he had Ne, he would be coming up with brilliant ideas, which he doesn't. He just responds to the situations as they happen. There's nothing intuitive about anything he does.

·
Registered
IEE
6,559 Posts
That all still fits with an ESTP. And there's nothing in there that suggests Si. I'm looking back over ENTP's and there's nothing there that suggests they are more stuck in the past than your average ESTP. If he had Ne, he'd be coming up with the plans and not Rocket. If he had Ne, he would be coming up with brilliant ideas, which he doesn't. He just responds to the situations as they happen. There's nothing intuitive about anything he does.
"Running into the Ravagers and people touching his walkman and present and he's dealing with something that could end the Universe, that's going to make you self-reflect."

There maybe language barrier because I don't get some meanings here. Self-reflect? How are pop culture references come into self-reflection? The Ravagers are his family so I don't get "running into" part. How you don't see that making random connections between whats happening and favorite things from the past as Ne-Si? He isn't stuck in the past, things from he past hold great value to him. He enjoys bringing up those references. Also don't forget those are the people that can jump across the Galaxy in seconds. He could've returned to the Earth if he felt really "trapped" in the space but he isn't. He is just sentimental.

"If he had Ne, he'd be coming up with the plans and not Rocket. If he had Ne, he would be coming up with brilliant ideas, which he doesn't. He just responds to the situations as they happen. There's nothing intuitive about anything he does."
In prison Rocket takes charge with his Te, I don't see how Ne going along with it contradicts it but places Se on top? He did say tha the escaped prison 22 times why would Peter fight him on this? Also how Gamora and Peter deal with their assignments - Peter pays money, Gamora just takes it. xD "Just responds to situations as they happen" - Drax, Yondu. Final plan - do you attribute it to Rocket?

Yes, as main character in an action movie he does come off Se stereotype (aka the action guy) which is why I initially typed him that way since I couldn't separate stereotypes in this movie. Hence ESTP for Rocket (abrassive and take a charge), ISTJ for Drax (because vendetta) and INTJ for Nebula (because evil but not like "traditions" evil).

If we determinate his inferior function we can state his dominant. Sure, Ne and Se doms are sometimes mixed even when typing real people but saying that his improvisations are Se dominant based would discard giant "I use Si" part of his character.

He comes up with the way to pacify Drax when he tries to kill Gamora by presenting him a possibility that he'd be able to kill Ronan by leaving Gamora alive.

Again , leg - buy, not straightforward take.

He called him fucking ship after actress crush he had as a kid.

He took the orb with him when returning to get his walkman ensure that they wouldn't leave without him.

"If I had a black light, the place would look like a Jackson Pollock painting." would it kill you not to use a reference for a moment.

"Well, I come from a planet of outlaws. Billy the Kid, Bonnie and Clyde, John Stamos."

"On my planet, there's a legend about people like you. It's called Footloose."

- We're wanted by the Nova Corps. Just give it to Ronan!
- So he can destroy the galaxy?
- What are you, some saint all of a sudden? What has the galaxy ever done for you? Why would you wanna save it? (Te-Fi)
- Because I'm one of the idiots who lives in it! (Fe behind Ti)
- Peter, listen to me. We cannot allow the Stone to fall into Ronan's hands. We have to go back to your ship, and deliver it to Nova. (Ni convition here)
- Right, right, okay. I think you're right. Or we could give it to somebody who's not going to arrest us, who's really nice for a whole lot of money. I think it's a really good balance between both of your points of view. (Ne-Ti)
- You're despicable. Dishonorable. Faithless!

- Rocket, keep them off Gamora until she gets to the Milano.
- How? We've got no weaponry on these things.
- These pods are industrial grade. They're nearly indestructible.
- Not against necroblasts, they're not.
- That's not what I'm saying.
- Oh!
^N convo right there.

- Yondu! Yondu. This is Quill! My coordinates are 227K324. Just outside Knowhere. If you're there, come get me. I'm all yours.

- If you kill me now, you are saying goodbye to the biggest score you have ever seen.
- The Stone? I hope you got something better than that. Because ain't nobody stealing from Ronan.
- We got a ringer. She knows everything there is to know about Ronan. His ships, his army. He's vulnerable.

- I need your help. I look around at us… you know what I see? Losers. I mean, like, folks who have lost stuff. And we have. Man, we have — all of us. Our homes. Our families. Normal lives. And usually life takes more than it gives, but not today. Today it’s given us something. It has given us a chance.
- To do what?
- To give a shit. For once. And not run away. I for one am not going to stand by and watch as Ronan wipes out billions of innocent lives.

^Ne Fe

- I'll contact one of the Nova officers who arrested us. Hopefully, they'll believe
we're there to help.
- They got my "dick" message!

- What are you doing?
- Dance-off, bro. Me and you.

- What are you doing?
- I'm distracting you, you big turd blossom.

- You gotta reconsider this, Yondu. I don't know who you're selling this to, but the only way
the universe can survive is if you give it to the Nova Corps.
- I may be as pretty as an angel, But I sure as hell ain't one. Hand it over, son.
- Yondu. Do not open that Orb. You know that, right? You've seen what it does to people.

- He is gonna be so pissed when he realizes I switched out the Orb on him.

^^^All of this =/= no brilliant plans.

---

Rocket tho.

- Question. What if I see something that I want to take, and it belongs to someone else?
- You will be arrested.
- But what if I want it more than the person who has it?
- It's still illegal.
- That doesn't follow. No, I want it more, sir. Do you understand?

- You call that "figured it out"? We're gonna rob the guys who just beat us senseless.
- Oh, you want to talk about senseless? How about trying to save us
by blowing us up?
- We were only gonna blow you up if they didn't turn you over!
- And how on earth were they gonna turn us over when you only gave them
a count of five?
- We didn't have time to work out the minutiae of the plan. This is what we get for acting altruistically.

"We're all very fascinated, ******. But we'd like to get paid."

What Ne dom? Straighforward Te, give me money.

I will never ever ever drink coffee in the evening ever again it's 3 AM here why am I here.

·
Registered
829 Posts
starlord - Se dom
rocket - STP probably introverted but I can see the argument for ENTJ.
the black girl who is always aliens - SFJ
groot - SFJ
the guy with the whistle activated weapon - ESTP
bad guys - they barely said a word you shouldn't try to type them and if you did you should feel bad. go sit in the corner and think about what you've done.
the guy with the muscles - idk

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had to log in to stop this nonsense. I just saw the movie to be hype for the second one, and I will explain my reasoning for each of the Guardians:

Star-Lord: ENTP. He is a quick creative thinker and good with words (Ne dom), more than good with getting into the action like a Se would. He is not sentimental but has a good enough Fe to avoid people fights when the result will logically be harmful. He is not idealistic either. In fact he has an unconscious moral code.

Rocket: ENTJ. He is strategic (more than tactical) and result oriented (Te dom). He is aggressive and comfortable with Se (tertiary). He is not a guardian temperament (no ESTJ) or ESTP (Fe tertiary? Nah). INFJ? Do you see Fe aux at all? Come on people. He is only sentimental when he cracks, like any thinker.

Gamorra: ISTJ. Duty oriented. She is so Guardian temperament it hurts. And she keeps her emotions at bay. She is introvert obviously. To me, thinkers of the guardian temperament sometimes seems as feelers because of their community oriented values. She is too serious and lack the relaxation to be a P. She spent a long time living with the enemy as part of a plan.

Groot: INFP. Not easy going exploring nature as ISFPs. I also don't see the natural aggressiveness of an Se auxiliary. He is more random and creative like a Ne aux. Even when he appeared to be aggressive, he then showed it was like a joke to him. Seems to be the idealistic of the group. He follows his heart more than a plan (look at what happened at the prison). He does not try to force others to do things, but will become independent in doing what he feels is right. He is a P. From a comic I saw where Jean Grey communicated with him, he had a lot of very idealistic thoughts about humanity so that for me confirms he is NF.

Drax: ESFP. Drax is sentimental, and impulsive, action oriented. He is not strategic or organizing. He is extrovert and literal.

Today I will see the second movie. I will confirm if this stays consistent.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Just saw the second movie too.

I'll start with the one that I'm positive about:
Yondu - ESTP

As for the rest:
Peter Quill - ESFP (possibly an ENFP). Fi user for sure. However, he is xx/so or so/xx
Rocket Racoon - Not sure if ISTP or ENTJ
Gamora - ISTP or INFJ (a Beta)
Drax - ISTJ (he's extremely sentimental and keeps thinking of the past. Doesn't read others' emotions well)
Groot - ISFJ
Nebula - I'm more sure of her being counter-phobic 6 than any MBTI type. Possibly a 'wronged' Fi user? ISFP? I really have no idea.
Ego - ???

I must say, that even after watching the first movie several times, and freshly watching the second movie, some of the characters are difficult to type for me.

Reactions: stardustangel

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Do you mean Nebula? Basically green alien or blue alien?

Also any thoughts on Mantis?
I meant Nebula of course, thanks for spotting it! If I can, I'll edit in the original post.

No thoughts on Mantis. Feeler of some sort.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Been a while since I've seen this and I'm about to see part two tomorrow, but I'll add my thoughts so I can look back and laugh at them later.

Star lord struck me as an ESFP, though close on T/F.
Rocket: Definately E and T. Not ESTJ.
Drax: ISxJ
Gamora: I......?

Reactions: Dora
41 - 60 of 80 Posts