Personality Cafe banner

What are the MBTI types of your parents?

• NT

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • ENTJ

• ENTP

• INTJ

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • INTP

• NF

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ENFJ

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • ENFP

• INFJ

• INFP

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • SJ

• ESTJ

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • ESFJ

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • ISTJ

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • ISFJ

• SP

• ESTP

• ESFP

• ISTP

• ISFP

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine are ISTJ and ENTJ.

It's multiple choice, so please just click both. If you don't know what they are, I put the four temperaments, but it wouldn't let me put more than 20 options.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
IxTJ and ENFP. Not sure about the father so I didn't fill the poll.

Reactions: maust

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@FarAndAway wow. That sounds like... an interesting family dinner, at least

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
ENFJ Mom
ISTJ Dad

Reactions: maust

·
Registered
411 Posts
Mom: ESFJ
Dad: difficult (I thought burned out ENTP at first but then I remembered he can't stand talking about concepts and he also gets annoyed like the rest when me and my INTP brother are having a conversation, then I thought for a second ISTJ, since he fits the stereotypes, but then there is no way he uses Te and Fi)

·
Registered
402 Posts
Just guesses because I really don't know and my father has passed on. But my guess is dad was ENTJ - all the indicators are there, from his outgoing personality, to his 'bull in the china closet" tenacity, to his poor boy who went to owner of a franchise and an upper middle class life. Mom? I haven't decided yet. She's definitely an "I," definitely "F" but not sure about the other two. I've found the dynamics of my family have changed drastically since the death of my father, and not for the better. While dad encouraged, mentored and rewarded achievement and excellence, without him around to put a stop to it, mom is now enabling a niece of mine who is addicted to drugs, cannot keep the most menial of jobs, and merely visits her own children when she's allowed to. When I try to intervene on mother's behalf (my niece is truly sucking the life out of her), I am "mean." I keep explaining the difference between helping someone become something and helping someone destroy themselves, and finally give up. I am certain my father is rolling in his grave.

·
Registered
6,264 Posts
Dad: ESTJ 6w7
Mom: either INTJ or INTP. 6w5 or 9w1.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts