Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My favorite MBTI type! Shh don't tell the other personalities. :wink: I am currently on a break from my ENFJ boyfriend and before we get back together, I want to make sure that things are MUCH better this time around. I'd really love your feedback on the things that makes you most angry or happy. It would be even better if anyone had experiences with ISFJ's specifically. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I love my ISFJ friend. We've known each other since 2nd grade, and we kinda grew apart in middle school and high school. In high school.. HE WAS A JERK. Big time. He would just take joking way too far, and put others down to make himself feel better.

Now. He's completely changed. He feels so horrible about it that when I told him I didn't like him very much in high school, he admitted to me a couple days later that he's had trouble sleeping over it, and he really really feels terrible and is so sorry.

His honesty is incredible as a friend. I never dated an ISFJ, but I can at least tell you from a friend standpoint... which is huge for me personally in relationships. If I can't stop and say "I'm friends with you first" then I don't want any part of you... So I think how me and my buddy are friends is pretty important.

I appreciate his honesty. I appreciate how much he cares. How he loses sleep. And no matter what... he tries. Intention is huuuuggeeee with me. I don't care if you do bad so long as you make it really clear that your intentions were good, and good intentions is all he oozes from his personality. Even when he blows up and loses his shit and has a huge temper tantrum (which I've never seen but he's talked about people at work disrespecting him repeatedly even after him asking them not to), he's just standing up for what he believes is right. He's told me he's gotten into it with neighbors, because his kids both have ADHD, and they're screaming all around the complex, and neighbors have come out and yelled at them and made them cry. So naturally, he gets super mad, and tells em off.

I like ISFJ's. I work with an ISFJ who I like for the same reasons. She's a hard worker because she cares. She's really sarcastic, and we share a dark humor that is so fun. She has an energy level my ISFJ friend has, but it's a different energy. I could see myself dating an ISFJ... because they're a little more level headed and predictable than INFJ's (shh don't tell them. I love you INFJ's truly I will pay for my crimes against you, but I will go down an honest man :blushed:).

But I think whether or not it will last, and whether or not it's a fit still comes down to the individual. Despite them having all of these qualities I named.

You can't make a round peg fit in a square hole. I suggest you wait for what is right, or at least some clarity for yourself since you know him.

How long have you two been dating?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I love my ISFJ friend. We've known each other since 2nd grade, and we kinda grew apart in middle school and high school. In high school.. HE WAS A JERK. Big time. He would just take joking way too far, and put others down to make himself feel better.

Now. He's completely changed. He feels so horrible about it that when I told him I didn't like him very much in high school, he admitted to me a couple days later that he's had trouble sleeping over it, and he really really feels terrible and is so sorry.

His honesty is incredible as a friend. I never dated an ISFJ, but I can at least tell you from a friend standpoint... which is huge for me personally in relationships. If I can't stop and say "I'm friends with you first" then I don't want any part of you... So I think how me and my buddy are friends is pretty important.

I appreciate his honesty. I appreciate how much he cares. How he loses sleep. And no matter what... he tries. Intention is huuuuggeeee with me. I don't care if you do bad so long as you make it really clear that your intentions were good, and good intentions is all he oozes from his personality. Even when he blows up and loses his shit and has a huge temper tantrum (which I've never seen but he's talked about people at work disrespecting him repeatedly even after him asking them not to), he's just standing up for what he believes is right. He's told me he's gotten into it with neighbors, because his kids both have ADHD, and they're screaming all around the complex, and neighbors have come out and yelled at them and made them cry. So naturally, he gets super mad, and tells em off.

I like ISFJ's. I work with an ISFJ who I like for the same reasons. She's a hard worker because she cares. She's really sarcastic, and we share a dark humor that is so fun. She has an energy level my ISFJ friend has, but it's a different energy. I could see myself dating an ISFJ... because they're a little more level headed and predictable than INFJ's (shh don't tell them. I love you INFJ's truly I will pay for my crimes against you, but I will go down an honest man :blushed:).

But I think whether or not it will last, and whether or not it's a fit still comes down to the individual. Despite them having all of these qualities I named.

You can't make a round peg fit in a square hole. I suggest you wait for what is right, or at least some clarity for yourself since you know him.

How long have you two been dating?

That was very helpul. The intentions things makes me feel better because he knows that I only intend to do good for him. I never intentionally tried to hurt him ever even when I was angry. When I knew he was upset, I also laid awake at nights feeling terrible and thinking of every possible scenario to make things better. We've been together for 3 years but were together for 2. We were friends a whole year before we took things to the next level.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts