Personality Cafe banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts
"You're an open book, it's just that you're a little challenging to read. And not everyone has the patience to read your kind."

Not exactly a compliment but that really made me feel normal and good about myself.

and why were they meaningful?

Also:
Is it more meaningful to you when people compliment who you are vs. what you do?

Is there a difference in value when they pay the compliment directly to you, or when they tell someone else and it gets back to you?
1. -you're an old soul. i hear this one a lot for some reason, it's meaningful because i am learning from others by their telling me, about myself or at least how I am perceived by others.
- you're beautiful/gorgeous,etc. it's meaningful when you can tell it's a heartfelt sentiment. everyone wants to feel pretty, don't they?
-you're so smart. it's meaningful because it makes me feel valued and recognized and useful/helpful or worthy of being sought out for help, special..

2.i guess both but if forced to pick one i'd pick what I do
3. idk, probably no

your kind
your cool
you have a nice way of describing things
your a flower child
your smart
you remind me of a psychologist

I like when people tell me just being around me has a calming effect on them. I especially liked when my fellow massage therapy students compared me to my massage therapy instructor, saying we had the same kind of auras.

I hear this kind of thing most often and it reminds me that I'm good for something. and I felt like I belonged somewhere.

Reactions: ButIHaveNoFear
I just received one.. And it's from an online forum.. Ironic isn't it? That i haven't heard that feedback from anyone else i know in real life? (Hinting at the word "best" haha). I thrive in being appreciated. Without genuine words of appreciation, i become demotivated

Here it is... *drumroll please * [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't remember when the last time someone compliments me about my appearance or personality.
But as far I know, my friends keep telling me "you are really one of a kind. keep being you" which I decide that's a compliment :laughing:

The last time I remember when I get a compliment was a week ago. I did scores for my basketball team. My teammates just basically said that I did a good job. But it means a lot to me.

Finally. I did scores! Yeah :blushed::kitteh:

and why were they meaningful?

Also:
Is it more meaningful to you when people compliment who you are vs. what you do?

Is there a difference in value when they pay the compliment directly to you, or when they tell someone else and it gets back to you?

-----

OR do you flat out hate compliments, believe that the idea of complimenting anyone is insincere, and/or wish to banish me and my post to an Extroverted Feeling forum?? (Because that last option would be fuuuunnn!)
I have the sticky note still posted on my wall, and not word for word but: You are so intelligent, [neutralchaotic], and I love your voice (of influence), keep on going, and sharing your knowledge. [this was from a week-long retreat, and one of the supervisors gave this to me secretly].

It was particularly meaningful for me because I had just switched majors, and it was taking a while to get my support network on the same page. Gave me a lot of confidence, and made me tear up honestly. I appreciate compliments on how I affect others, because I am puttering along with my head down, and don't notice these things. It's reassuring to hear that hey, you're making a difference! and I think you're neat!, and not just wonder quietly if I'm needed or wanted. :)

I just got the most amazing compliment ever. I would probably cry if I hadn't shut that part of me off.
Someone asked me what my definition of beauty was, what my stance on it was, and after I told them, they said "Great... What do you do? Cause your words are like words of mystics."
I don't know how to process a compliment this big.

My most meaningful compliment is probably one from my friend/ex-boyfriend. He told be this after we had broken up, I'm still good friends with him. I mentioned to him how I think I'm quite a complex personality bc I like many opposite things. Then he said to me: "That's why I fell in love with you. You are not like anyone else." I don't remember the exact words he used but it was something along those lines! Hehe, typical INFP for feeling happy when told they are unique 😄

I find it meaningful because it just shows how God's power can make impossibility a possibility. He made me - my whole being, from head to toe, inside out - and He knows that His creation and gifts will eventually result to this. [emoji3] God is really sooooo awesome!!! Rocking awesome! Sometimes i don't understand his plans but it always is something pleasing in the end. He just wants me to be patient because patience is not something I'm good at. Haha!

I've heard this before from my relatives but because they are blood-related friends, it's a little difficult to believe. They say that you love your own, right? Haha

Now when my colleagues and college friends told me the same thing thing , the former being more recent, while the latter around February of this year, they told me that I look like I don't age. Wow!! Truth to be told though, of course I do, but probably it's not that significant compared to what others are expecting people to. Well my colleagues saw my college pics in my fb, while my college friends, well they saw me during college haha! And for those living abroad, theysaw my pics when I was at my Best (wearing dresses) hahaha. Well that part may not be trusworthy cos I wear makeups whenever I attend a formal event or celebration so it makes sense that I'll be pretty. Another thing is , for some reason, fixing my lips (thru lipstick) , eyebrows and eyes using makeup has a great impact on my face. I was told that"fact" as early as when I was in grade 6 when we were having our grad pic picture taking sessions. The studio who did our make up even asked for permission to Post my pic on their wall. That's the power of makeup, I guess. Haha!

Already forgot them loll.

Reactions: L P and Kenkao
OMG!! ❤

I'm in a speech craft session and i swear i was almost teary eyed when our tm vp ed said something to me, and i quote

"you're an inspirational speaker and very natural at it." Then she gave me a thumbs up

OMG. I wanted to cry!! Hahaha! Tears of joy. There's nothing more than i wanted to become but be inspirational. I want my stories to help others by inspiring them to keep on hoping or for them to avoid the same mistakes that I did.

It did really help a lot.

The reason why it was brought up was because our topic was about the kinds of speakers.

The instructor told us that a lot of people wanted to be an inspirational speaker because of the pay (but i didn't know that) but dont have the talent because they are different types of speakers. Then that's where my fellow tm member turned to me and told me that i am one.

Thank you Lord!! I am so happy. Sometimes i wonder (and wondered) If you wanted me to be an inspiration speaker someday that's why you allowed me to go through pains in life. The instructor told us that the most powerful inspirational speakers are those who hit rock bottom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

An attractive Ni dom I was dating told me that I was his type of beauty.. I always felt insecure deep down around him because he's so handsome, and I've become overweight.
He also told me just me being around him calmed him.
I felt valued.

Recently a lot of people close to me have told me I was an honourable person, which really means more to me than any other conpliment

I don't really recall any compliments that have stuck with me - they mostly just bounce right off me, whereas criticism easily sticks. I suppose on one hand I hate getting compliments because they make me uncomfortable since I don't believe anything good about myself, and because it makes me feel like the person saying it is being dishonest. But, I guess, on the otherhand it would also be really awful to never get any compliments at all!

I do value compliments about who I am as a person above physical compliments (because if there's one thing I definitely don't believe it's these) and things I do - I rarely do anything and when I do anything I always assume it's something that's so easy to do that anybody could easily do, and therefore it's not something to be praised.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.