Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I did these personality tests this year I have thoughts of how I can develop my personality further.

As I see it my main flaw is the P in my personality.

* During my youth I learned to handle new people very well and the negative aspects of being I.
* The N has never really been a problem.
* In recent years I have learned to better take peoples feelings in consideration making the T no longer a problem.
* The remaining and the hardest problem for me have since becoming adult being the P. I think to much but get to little done. What are the chance to make me a doer and what are the best way to accomplish such task?

Has anyone here making such succesful development of your P personality?

·
Registered
525 Posts
How about daily injections of ISTP-gene therapy? INTJ-gene therapy might work also, but I suspect the side effects would be worse also.

Reactions: Wayne

·
Registered
903 Posts
I think @Audrey is a doer. INTJ refugee and all.
My P and J are pretty much equal anyhow, so I'd say I'm a doer. When I don't forget things...

In response to the OP, I've found that it's just a matter of effort. Getting a calendar really helped me. It takes getting used to at first, and I am still forgetful, but I try to have a routine of crossing off the date every night so that I don't lose track of time. I also keep it in front of my desk so that I see important dates all the time.

·
Banned
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My P and J are pretty much equal anyhow, so I'd say I'm a doer. When I don't forget things...

In response to the OP, I've found that it's just a matter of effort. Getting a calendar really helped me. It takes getting used to at first, and I am still forgetful, but I try to have a routine of crossing off the date every night so that I don't lose track of time. I also keep it in front of my desk so that I see important dates all the time.
Sounds like good advice. Thank you!

·
Banned
5,669 Posts
The possabilities are endless, I'd assume.

I'm not really a full P, myself. Full Js get really annoying with their OCD shit, though. I like people who are somewhere in the middle.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Dictionaries tend to both reduce possabilities and broaden them all at once.

(Sorry, couldn't resist, usually I do)

There are lots of threads on this. It's not an easy thing to master. Really takes understanding the outcomes of your own P and then (in my opinion) finding fun workarounds. If the workaround is more fun than the P behavior - then the P behavior will be toppled! Or rather managed, and leveraged.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Find INTJ/ENTJ type personalities and try to model after them. When I feel like leveling up my J I get in contact with some INTJ/ENTJ types and we go hunt some high level mobs and level up our exp.
You... You level up your exp? Your EXPERIENCE ITSELF gains levels? Woah... That's pretty hardcore...

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
I've got the working hypothesis that the key to getting an INTP up off their lazy ass is to get their Fe involved. Not entirely sure how the INTP can do that intentionally though, since that would seem to require something affecting our loved ones.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I think the best way for an INTP to do something is to activate their Ne. Instead of just doing something, make it a game. Like, "what if I do it like this" and think of it as an experiment. Find something that keeps your Ne working, because Ti and Si aren't getting shit done outside your head.

·
Registered
278 Posts
What....? No, don't go to the J side! Mussst not leave us! :shocked:

Personally, I'm in need of some J motivation in my last semester before getting an Associates. Can't believe I'm actually maybe going to finish something these past years.... last time I did was my high school diploma? That shouldn't count though... way too easy.

If I'm engaged with friends who have similar interests it helps to just hear how they tackled a task needing to be done, even though they might not be over 9000 in P like us, any study on the ladder side helps. Sometimes just relaxing and using something you've heard works might just help to chug along.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Imagine that if you don't get up off of your ass, you WILL fail everything, life as you know it will be ruined? It's what I do whenever I need to do something, just scare myself into it.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
- Failure is not an option.
- Arriving to work late is not an option.
- Must calculate and save as much money as I can.
- Must impress and not disappoint the people who are paying me.

These reasons get me into the "Gotta do what I gotta do" frame of mind where I'm punctual and conscientious enough.
A lot of xxxPs practically pride themselves on despising deadlines but I know that without them, I wouldn't get anything done. When someone gives me a task at work, one of the first question I'll ask is, "When do you want/need this done?"

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Become more of a doer? One word - cocaine.

But no, as an INTP you likely want to go about things the hard way. I believe it is all in knowing what you really want. If I really wanted an ice cream cone right now, then I would change my life to make it happen. I would quit typing, put my shoes on, and drive down to get one. I believe knowing what you want is most of the battle. The rest is just going through whatever motions are necessary to make your desire a reality.

·
Registered
278 Posts
But no, as an INTP you likely want to go about things the hard way. I believe it is all in knowing what you really want. If I really wanted an ice cream cone right now, then I would change my life to make it happen. I would quit typing, put my shoes on, and drive down to get one. I believe knowing what you want is most of the battle. The rest is just going through whatever motions are necessary to make your desire a reality.
Most young intps don't know what they want or want it all and can't decide on a favorite to go for. At least that's my case and believe it's shared by others. Sometimes I wish everything was as simple as deciding on whether to eat ice cream or not... Or is that the universal feeling in life when your mind finally clicks with your perceived purpose in life?

:unsure:

Reactions: nothingnew
1 - 20 of 26 Posts