Personality Cafe banner

What are the possible MBTI with 5w4

24600 Views 25 Replies 19 Participants Last post by  majogutierrez99
I have seen some claims of INTP 5w4 lately. I am trying to think if this is even a possible combination for a personality.

It seems to me that the clash of Dominant Ti and Enneagram 4 is just so unlikely if not impossible to occur. I'm pretty sure a lot of people who think they are INTP 5w4 are likely INFP 5w4 which is a far more likely outcome. I'd enjoy being proved wrong.

If you are INTP 5w4 please share your analysis of how your personality works.
21 - 26 of 26 Posts
@d1ss1dent

Pretty much all the MBTI are possible with any enneagram type. Some are more common than others. Nothing is off the table. MBTI and the enneagram don't look at the same things.
Reactions: counterintuitive
I am 5w4 and my MBTI is ISTP (i did it 3 years ago and I just did it again) So, i think it's possible that 5w4 can be T. Maybe our wings are not very strong. I got the attribute of 4 in aspect of the desire of being unique and seek for the deep feeling. However, when it comes to working or professional, i rather use my head since we are 5 anyway
People are not answering OP's question (despite her not being online for possibly 2 years), and while it's understandable that some users have some objections toward the premise, it isn't quite entirely false. Four is what I would say emotionally imaginative and introspective on their values and self beliefs, which is kinda derivative to a head type (but not absolutely contradictory). Ti being heavily correlated to 5, doesn't seem to have at least a strong correlation toward 4 (or even any other Enneagram types for that matter). An IxTP with an Enneagram other than five seem to be influenced by other functions (particularly auxiliary or tertiary) in their stacks (ISTP 8 seems more influenced by Se than an typical ISTP still maintaining Ti detachment and impartiality). Ti is a function that does detachment fully to be objective and impartial (supported by Fe), and does so until it reaches to a(n) (agreeable) conclusion or realization. This is the default for Ti and explains the strong correlation to 5.

I'm a 5w4, and while more imaginative, passionate, and artistic-ism than 5w6, I'm still objective and detached with perhaps a passionate motivator or reasons for my engagements or executions. I'm unconventional and more aversive to institutional facts than 5w6 because how of restraining they are to me and potentially dogmatic without questionings (which isn't exclusive to 5w4, but it is the most common).

(If you don't wanna read my intro, go here to see the direct answer)

MBTI types probable (as implied on this thread, every mbti type is possible with 5w4 but not every is probable) with 5w4:

ISTP (relatively stronger and higher Ni usage than a typical ISTP)
INTP (Ne usage is amplified but still stable)
INTJ (Similar to ISTP in that tertiary Fi is relatively stronger and higher in usage than a typical INTJ)
INFJ (Equal between Ni and Ti)
INFP (Fi serves more as a motivator and Ne is relatively less scattered)
ENTP (Extraverted type most likely to be one and have a stronger (or perhaps as equal) Ti with Ne)
INTP 5w4s are extremely common. Actually I think intp is almost always listed as the most likely type (or one of the most likely type) for a 5w4

Often listed as
-likely: INTP, ISTP, INTJ
-possible: INFP, INFJ, ISTJ, ENTP
-unlikely: ISFP, ISFJ, ENFP, ESTP, ESFP, ENTJ, ENFJ, ESFJ, ESTJ
Reactions: majogutierrez99
I've seen the most common: INTP and INTJ
I have seen some claims of INTP 5w4 lately. I am trying to think if this is even a possible combination for a personality.

It seems to me that the clash of Dominant Ti and Enneagram 4 is just so unlikely if not impossible to occur. I'm pretty sure a lot of people who think they are INTP 5w4 are likely INFP 5w4 which is a far more likely outcome. I'd enjoy being proved wrong.

If you are INTP 5w4 please share your analysis of how your personality works.
I'm XNFJ
I've seen the most common: INTP and INTJ
21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.