Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For me, personally, it's the altruism and how emotionally imbalanced I can get. Altruism can get me into trouble in the worst of ways. Too often I put others before myself, and it saddens me that it doesn't allow me to help another person to my full potential. It takes a toll on my confidence as well, which kills my motivation, and lack of motivation terrifies the hell out of me. It's like quicksand. So easy to get into, nearly impossible to get out of.

As for the emotional imbalance, it's been annoyingly inconsistent these past few years. I used to be less introverted than I am now. I honestly don't know what happened. Emotions play too much of a role in my life, but this is the way I've always been. I don't know how to change it. I don't even know if I want to.

~~~~~~
“The deeper I go into myself the more I realize that I am my own enemy.”
― Floriano Martins

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
I never considered "problems" to be type specific. I've always considered them to belong to an individual alone, hence the term "personal problems".

All this personality business is still quite debatable, so it's difficult to actually know if a problem can really be proscribed as being an "XXXX" personality type problems.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I think the self-doubting thing can get pretty annoying. Like never being 100% sure of anything because there's always that chance that everything you believe is a lie. It can be kinda funny, but it also leads to a lot of indecisiveness. Although I guess I don't mind spending hours inside Walmart trying to decide what I feel like eating for dinner. Really though, literal hours haha. The Emotional flooding thing can get me into trouble, like in some critical situations(usually involving friendships) I'll not no what to do so it'll sometimes feel overwhelming and I'll feel flooded with emotions. Generally though I love being an INFP and wouldn't trade it for any other type. :kitten:

-wolves273

·
Registered
40 Posts
Self-doubt; always second guessing yourself.
Incredibly impractical attitude.
Clumsiness to the max; being very unaware of surroundings and social customs when in the INFP zone.
Imagines the process and the idea of having done a task and treats this imagined thing as if you have actually done the task.
Difficult letting go of things.
High standards for people.
A persistent feeling of uncertainty.
Inability to make decisions and judgments; includes accepting everyone with open arms despite the trouble it may cause you.
Difficulty functioning within various societal structures (traditional families, jobs and careers, gender roles etc.)
Very sensitive; both internal judgment and external judgment.
Can have trouble expressing emotions well; can sometimes feel impossible to accurately convey how you feel in an immediate way (without an elaborate metaphor).
A strange affinity with tragedy and sorrow which can dampen spirits.
Often being the passive 'doormat'/difficulties being aggressive when required.
The eternal need for internal harmony which, when unfulfilled, rises like an intolerable itch at the worst times (while some can be more efficient with their lives without such a need).

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've had huge problems with standards and ideals in the past; I get high hopes going in my head and when I can't find a reality that makes me feel the same way, I get depressed. Those happy daydreams turn into bitter resentment when the things I've got to deal with on a daily basis can't measure up to La La land. After some wailing and gnashing of teeth, I usually end up dropping the venue of fantasy from my real life and force myself to think of other pursuits. This is especially true of any and everything that has to do with intimate relationships.

Somewhere down the line, I slip right back into my old habits and my plane comes crashing down again. Repeat ad nauseam.

Is this an INFP thing, or a me thing?

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
i don't like that i don't like parts of my self, i don't like that i don't accept all the things that make me me.

the stuff i don't like is all the typical self-doubt stuff.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
I miss the decisiveness to come into motion that our INFJ brothers and sisters do have. Luckily this does prevent us from turning into over-zealous paladins :D

·
Registered
56 Posts
I never like calling these "type" problems, because they are really "human" problems.

I suppose some types are more prone to one thing than another but I do think it evens out.

I feel as if a type is more prone to avoiding close emotional contact, and then gets hurt, it is a larger deal to them than one who is used to dealing with emotions more frequently.

INFP's need to keep rocking on!

You guys are my favorite NF type, and my favorite people are INFP's!
:wink:

·
Registered
49 Posts
I don't like that I can't explain my thoughts clearly. I can never articulate myself the way I want to! Everything always makes so much sense in my head but the second I try to explain it's like I don't know where to begin, so I end up mixing everything together and gets confusing for everyone involved.
0/10-would not recommend.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Well, I don't know whether it's true for all INFPs per se, however I find that I am very much a doormat. I let others walk all over me depending on how close they are to me. If there is someone I love, I will r5efrain from sticking up for myself. After all, I don't like causing conflict within my social circles.

Oh, and that I am incapable of articulating my thoughts for others when in a social environment. I am able to do it with my best friend, because there isn't any pressure to 'spit it out', but otherwise, it's a great struggle. Especially since I need people to allow me time to string my words together and make sense of my sentences. Too many people have a tendency to interrupt my thoight process in an attempt to cover up the "awkward" silence. People should appreciate silence more.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts